Experiences in PvP

You guys are missing a lot of the pvp personalities in temp leagues. Breach and Legacy have both been incredibly active in pvp (hours of CTF daily earlier in the leagues). And since hardcore league is *much* more active than hardcore perm, we experience the different pvp builds from hardcore players more frequently (sarn softcore+hardcore isn't marged but 1v1 and 3v3/ctf are).

It's more chill in League. Less drama/ego. And not as off screen 1 shotty since players aren't running around with mirror bows/wands/etc.

League pvp is good enough to look forward to future leagues. Not much interest walking in standard when it's the same people with (generally) the same builds they've been using for years. Ya'll bunch of dinosaurs :p
Never underestimate what the mod community can do for PoE if you sell an offline client.
@jorge, it seems i was a bit jumpy there, i didnt think that all the mentions are just from your solely experience.

@vhlad

if you invite me or other "flippers" to league pvp, i'm afraid we'd turn things into one shot fest there too in short time.

there are people with really crazy gear in league since 2 months. especially in this league, i lost the count of how many times my jaw dropped after i see some guys gear.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on Jun 18, 2017, 5:06:43 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:
You guys are missing a lot of the pvp personalities in temp leagues. Breach and Legacy have both been incredibly active in pvp (hours of CTF daily earlier in the leagues). And since hardcore league is *much* more active than hardcore perm, we experience the different pvp builds from hardcore players more frequently (sarn softcore+hardcore isn't marged but 1v1 and 3v3/ctf are).

It's more chill in League. Less drama/ego. And not as off screen 1 shotty since players aren't running around with mirror bows/wands/etc.

League pvp is good enough to look forward to future leagues. Not much interest walking in standard when it's the same people with (generally) the same builds they've been using for years. Ya'll bunch of dinosaurs :p

Yeah jumping on board with Vhlad on this one, there's definitely some great pvp personalities on Temps as well (Jorge included!)

Really active with daily CTF for most of the league

There seems to be a lot less ego and a lot more build diversity in temps.

few creative notable mentions:

Gloria (EDF) - for being the backbone of any ctf team with a Elementalist miner/trapper
Aodui - for stubbornly sticking with dual strike in a caster meta
Steve - for making fake witches ( PF fireball and PF fire burst)
CoalMN - for making the first viable self cast sotrmcaller in what seems like years (Ahfacknopants perandus?)
Vhlady - for being the sarn bully with invisible golem poop. And the bane of all dailys (lap record!)
Doc for being afk 24/7 so we can rack up impressively pointless sarn ladder scores (l337)
Jorge - for the coolest head in CTF, and a great source of old school tricks and advice.
Poppy (Freemi) - for walking down the Minion instability theorycraft sinkhole with me.

Anyone else can jump in with any notables I've mostly likely forgotten.

#circlejerk17'

x Marvel.
"
Vhlad wrote:

Dinosaurs are cool.
"That's nice cupcake" ~ Rlowe, 1984 - RIP in pieces, least we 4get
"""Everyone is an asshole and I'm awesome" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016" ~ philophil, 2016" ~ Mygalomorphae, 2016
"Fuck." ~ Rlowe, 2017
"...post-ironic thread..." ~ Rlowe, 2017
[removed]
Last edited by Aodui on Sep 1, 2017, 12:56:36 PM
"
Vhlad wrote:

+1

vhlad is right , i used to play a lot in sarn arena standard but now im trying pvp in leagues , is better and more fun , but ive seen some awesome guys in standard like:

Ahfack.- he helped me with my Bleeding spectral throw / i hope he back to pvp someday
Rupenus.-his LA build is pretty cheap and funny / also the expensive version is pretty op
Blaeknight/ the prophecy fail .- he speak spanish like me and he help me sometimes with some pvp advices while we are killing rlowe
Shinfuuma.- the 1st zerphi guy
rlowe.- the guy with the same glacial cascade witch for 3 years (maybe more)

and in leagues:

Dankowl.- i met him in breach with his occultist ES tank / was funny when his ES tank killed the mirrored amazonprime build when breach ended

ScorchMN.- i still remember his occultis scorching ray , the only one who survive my glacial cascade mines in breach

Teofan.- His builds are pretty good in sarn arena

i hope some ''dinosaurs'' can join us in the next league , you're missing out on all the fun.
Last edited by EspadaDelPanico on Jun 21, 2017, 5:00:40 AM
literally every single time i checked out the sarn arena during breach, it was just a bunch of scorching ray cheese.

so i didn't bother with pvp in legacy.
[Removed by Support]
"Your forum signature was removed as it was considered to be inappropriate and a breach of our Code of Conduct."

...it was quotes. from the forum. lolz!
"
robmafia wrote:
literally every single time i checked out the sarn arena during breach, it was just a bunch of scorching ray cheese.

so i didn't bother with pvp in legacy.

it is also full of golemancers cheese
Forum pvp
Most fun to 1v1 Lapiz & Jorge. Jorge hasn't been on in a while tho so he hasn't seen the horror of my magma orbs. Good luck dodging those you fucking Shifu main :P

As for Lapiz, his iteration of flameblast actually pushed me to make upgrades again on my character. When you get a 1v1 challenge from Lapiz, you say yes.

Best Melee The 4 horsemen; Ahfack, Mulla, Gutbags, Godlike. Doesn't matter which one of these guys I play against, it feels like the same entity but with different names. I'll mention Mygalo because in CTF if I'm not far enough for his CWDT + flamedash to not trigger, I basically kill myself. Fkin terrorist.

Best offscreeners in 1v1, anybody playing KB which severely outranges fireball just annoys me very much (can't use magma in 1v1 with all the fucking walls and pillars and endless pits). In sarn, I can just swap to magma orb and outrange them. Haven't really met any offscreener able to tank my magma orbs except Killara's CWDT EA build. Killara forces me to switch to fireball and it makes it easier for him to tag me with a few fuses.

Special mention to Rupe and Amazon. They're both pretty versatile and don't shy away from trying to make different skills work. Rupe is always looking for ways to improve his build and has helped me find ideas here and there. Don't see him in sarn much, but I have fought him enough to know his build is pretty min maxed. Same goes for Amazon.

Hardest to kill New and improved Markus forces me to be careful with my casting otherwise I'll kill myself with anvil. When it comes to literally everybody else, my damage cuts through consistently. It'll be even higher when league finally ends. If Killara is spamming EA for heals, I have to hope for a fire burst proc to get a 1 shot so in a faceoff, he can sometimes be hard to kill even with fireball.

Best caster? I wanna put this category here to shine a light on how few good casters we have. And I mean self casters. After lapiz, jorge and I...who's left? Rlowe's icestorm is alright...but 4 good/decent casters? That's too few.
Crit Shockwave Totem 650k +: #1657327 / Crit VMS (1 mil DPS): #1511368 / Crit self-cast spark: #1565708
1.3 crit firestorm: #1280086 / 1.3 crit Ice Nova: #1219809 / Flame Nova (sire of shards incinerate): #1359847
Last edited by Simplesim45 on Jun 21, 2017, 5:34:09 PM
"
Aodui wrote:
To everyone not using the Winter Enchant, I appreciate your hard work and dedication to not being at the very lowest level of cheese, I know getting the lab enchant would be easy, and scaling it requires almost nothing at all, so your ability to avoid doing so really makes you a person of character.

It is one thing to make a troll ES regen build,
and another to combine it with a broken pvp skill,
but to then go the extra step, to make sure you have the winter enchant in the off-chance event someone gets within range to touch you, that is where the line lies between being merely a playful troll or being a depraved misanthrope whose only way of living is through unimpressive reliance on exploiting game imbalances when the devs are too busy to intervene.

We are playing a beta version of chess that, for some reasons related to game speed, allows players to choose to play all queens.

Every single one of you with the courage, and conviction, to play a build that does not rely on those gimmicks, I salute you.

Everyone who aims, everyone who self casts, you are the true heroes.

Hahahah, this ^

I expressly refuse to even socket a CWDT gem in my gear if I'm going to PvP.

After being badgered by several players for not using Winter I decided to run normal lab and get Word of Winter on my gloves. I just use it to scare people, works really well. Does no damage tho :D

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info