[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

Why not use Assassin's Mark instead of Conducitvity?

Assassin's mark gives us our Power Charges without any problems, and you free up a socket for Shock Nova, so you can use Increased Critical Damage Support instead.

Please do let me know if I'm underestimating Conductivity :)
Is vinktar's still worth picking up?what would be a big dps upgrade if i have a choir of the storm and 5l pledge of hands?preferably something cheaper than a 6l :P

@whitemoose yeah you're right, but what gem will you use there

edit: like really, the only thing is empower, if you dont have 6 link....
Last edited by mateianita on Aug 14, 2017, 3:28:02 PM
This is my first build that i have done in poe and im kind of enjoying it.
Clearspeed is really good, but i have issues with bosses.
Im looking for good advice what should i change in my tree/equipment.

I thought about moving my herald on thunder to flex spot on staff, and on HoT previous place put Orbs of Storm so i can proc Warlord Mark so i can sustain the bosses. What is your thoughts about it?
"
WhiteMoose wrote:
Why not use Assassin's Mark instead of Conducitvity?

Assassin's mark gives us our Power Charges without any problems, and you free up a socket for Shock Nova, so you can use Increased Critical Damage Support instead.

Please do let me know if I'm underestimating Conductivity :)

Assassin's Mark gives a power charge on kill, whereas PCoC gives it on crit. The build was made with bosses in mind, and the on kill makes it hard to keep them up for longer fights. Additionally, bosses have higher resistance and we have next to no penetration on the bosses, which is why I chose conductivity, and 44% is nothing to snuff at :)

That being said, if you plan on only farming maps and skipping bosses, you could drop Conductivity for Assassin's Mark and add another gem in Shock Nova :D
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
mateianita wrote:
Is vinktar's still worth picking up?what would be a big dps upgrade if i have a choir of the storm and 5l pledge of hands?preferably something cheaper than a 6l :P

@whitemoose yeah you're right, but what gem will you use there

edit: like really, the only thing is empower, if you dont have 6 link....

The only nerf we have for Vinktar's is that mana is no longer leeched. For life, it is still a very good leech option. That and it is relatively cheap, roughly 30c atm compared to 80 last league.

For mana we still leech through Warlord's, so it isn't too terrible. Just make sure you have an anti-shock flask to remove the effect.

I am testing Voidbringer Gloves at the moment, it does need some investment in reduced mana % but the crit is quite nice as a cheap DPS boost, since we don't need to worry about res as much now with the change to choir :)

Last edited by Darksagex on Aug 15, 2017, 11:52:22 AM
"
TwojKolega wrote:
This is my first build that i have done in poe and im kind of enjoying it.
Clearspeed is really good, but i have issues with bosses.
Im looking for good advice what should i change in my tree/equipment.

I thought about moving my herald on thunder to flex spot on staff, and on HoT previous place put Orbs of Storm so i can proc Warlord Mark so i can sustain the bosses. What is your thoughts about it?

Glad you're enjoying it :)

Boss HP has generally been buffed, although I haven't noticed any real problems up until Tier 5 now.

Looking at your tree, I noticed you don't take jewel sockets. The nice thing about those is that you can get 2-3 damage mods as well as life relatively cheap, which help boost your dps rather than going for something like Lightning Walker or Heart of Thunder. You are also missing Arcane Potency to the left, which helps increase our critical chance for spells and Throatseeker, which increases the damage when we crit.

I also put your tree in to poe.planner and noticed you are missing 6 passive points. Did you do all of the quests? To find out, type /passives and you will see quests for +1 or +2 passives from quests. The total should add up to 24.

This is how I would change the tree for when you hit 87:

https://poeplanner.com/AAkAAO8ACSMAAHQEBwSzBUIHHgj0DkgRLRGWE3EWbxbzGGodFCBuIvQkqiY8JpUqCyycL50y0TbpOVI6WDwFPV9BlkSrRUdFnUlPSVFMs1AwUlNTUlVLVa5VxlgHWK5d8l6lYeJknWjyakNsC20ZcFJ8g3_GghCCm4PbhTKJ04w2j0aPpo_6kyeVLpctl5WX9Jo7muCboZ_fogCnCK6zvKq86sBm0PXbXt-w42rr7uv173zwH_DV8h360qKjD8Q7fLjKuZPDCdAf7-uvbAthxq48LYNfHNyPGr6KoS-OZPemtvrr5F8qa3qQ-si_1Afcjd9tAAAAAAA=

Try to get 2-3 damage mods as well as % life on the jewels, they are much more efficient than going for Heart of Thunder, etc.

Check to make sure you've done all side quests, I had someone who was following the build whisper me and I did the math and found out he was missing side quests! I think you are missing 6.

As far as Orb of Storms, sure you can do that for bosses. Herald of Thunder auto-procs on kill, which is nice for clearing. If you need leech up for bosses, sure, drop an Orb of Storms and swap out gems :)
Last edited by Darksagex on Aug 15, 2017, 12:15:35 PM
Hello, I'm really enjoing this build so far with my first run in this game and I try to follow your build as closely as possible.
However, I dont understand how you managed to get the golems to work as they should.

I got both the helmet and the gloves with the same sockets as you do, but this makes my lightning golem run as "cast on hit" and the game summons 2 of them, thus killing the ice golem. Am I missing something? In the videos posted you summon them manually.. really not sure whan I can do here as I just started the game a few days ago. :x Any help is really appreciated!
Really enjoying the build at the moment, got it to level 77 in my first league. Cleared the Acts, and up to Merc lab pretty easily (still trying to find the last few trials I need for Uberlab).

I think the only thing that I am definitely starting to feel is the absence of 5L or 6L on the staff/armour, that definitely slows you down.

I also put in Geofri's Crest Great Crown, as it had similar stats to your original build, but with a few nicer stats, plus it was cheap too
"
Foxmark wrote:
Hello, I'm really enjoing this build so far with my first run in this game and I try to follow your build as closely as possible.
However, I dont understand how you managed to get the golems to work as they should.

I got both the helmet and the gloves with the same sockets as you do, but this makes my lightning golem run as "cast on hit" and the game summons 2 of them, thus killing the ice golem. Am I missing something? In the videos posted you summon them manually.. really not sure whan I can do here as I just started the game a few days ago. :x Any help is really appreciated!

Hi! I am assuming it has something to do with your Cast When Damage Taken gem, although your profile is private. What level is it?

CWDT has to be a low level to proc Immortal Call. If you've been leveling your gem way too high, the golem will also be cast when damage is taken, rather than manually in my vids.

I recommend CWDT level 3 and Immortal Call level 5 for lower level mapping and level 6 and 7 respectively for higher level mapping. Hope that helps!
"
D4rkW1nt3r wrote:
Really enjoying the build at the moment, got it to level 77 in my first league. Cleared the Acts, and up to Merc lab pretty easily (still trying to find the last few trials I need for Uberlab).

I think the only thing that I am definitely starting to feel is the absence of 5L or 6L on the staff/armour, that definitely slows you down.

I also put in Geofri's Crest Great Crown, as it had similar stats to your original build, but with a few nicer stats, plus it was cheap too

A 5L staff (not pledge) and a 5L body armor are very cheap to come by.

I gave my staff away to someone else, although it's listed on the first page.

This cost 2c and is what I'm wearing at the moment. Belly is BiS for HP, but I am mapping around T6 atm and am not having any big issues with 3.5k HP.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info