[3.5] *The Perfect Storm* Shock Nova / Storm Call Elementalist

Going to try the base build of this with Storm Burst and a few minor changes.
"
Begoul wrote:
Hey guys what is for you the best 4L and 5L for Shock nova and storm call , I'm not really sure ahah .

For me i settled with
Shock Nova, PcoC, Inc Crit Chance, Innervate
Storm Call, Echo, Conc Effect, Faster Casting, next would be Less duration for me.
I'm doing 1 to 5T maps right now, and was wondering if i'm doing something wrong? Bosses literally take nada in terms of damage, and take a looooong time to kill, either by Storm call or by Nova. Got both 5 linked with Nova being in a Pledge of Hands. My char's Naethes if you feel like checking it out.

EDIT: Also why is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crackling_Speed node not taken? Is there a specific reason to it? Since it seems like a higher damage up vs a crit multiplier node.
Last edited by azuz22 on Aug 7, 2017, 5:30:00 AM
"
Darksagex wrote:
I can't check the differences at the moment, worst case we use a few of the respec points to change the tree. There shouldn't be any major differences though.

Yeah no worries. :)

Just curious. The difference was just a single node.
You are taking the "Mana and Reduced Mana cost" node. (The one next to "Dynamo")
in the lvl 90 tree you don't have that.

But as you said it is a very minor difference. Just wondered if it was because you were playing around with some new stuff or just because you needed that bonus at that moment :)

Thanks for the build though! I'm a completely new player in PoE and at act 4 atm. Really liking the playstyle of the build :)
Last edited by crowdedlight on Aug 7, 2017, 12:31:28 PM
Can someone elaborate on how this build is supposed to work against bosses? I'm currently level 55 with this build, I can mow down packs of mobs in seconds easily. Bosses on the other hand have been a big problem and I'm not sure if I'm missing something that would make it work better. The problem I'm having with bosses is I can only dish out mediocre damage, but mostly I think it comes down to survivability. In every boss fight I just seem to drain all my health potions until I have nothing left and then die, a few of the act bosses I've had to cheese by just dieing over and over until i wear them down. What am I missing to make bosses work properly?
Last edited by Mr_Threepwood666 on Aug 7, 2017, 1:15:55 PM
"
azuz22 wrote:
I'm doing 1 to 5T maps right now, and was wondering if i'm doing something wrong? Bosses literally take nada in terms of damage, and take a looooong time to kill, either by Storm call or by Nova. Got both 5 linked with Nova being in a Pledge of Hands. My char's Naethes if you feel like checking it out.

EDIT: Also why is https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Crackling_Speed node not taken? Is there a specific reason to it? Since it seems like a higher damage up vs a crit multiplier node.

Most of the damage comes from crits and power charges, do you have them up when you're fighting? Also your profile is private, so I can't tell which tree you are using.
Character limit of 300 characters exceeded
Content can not exceed 5 lines in length
"
crowdedlight wrote:
"
Darksagex wrote:
I can't check the differences at the moment, worst case we use a few of the respec points to change the tree. There shouldn't be any major differences though.

Yeah no worries. :)

Just curious. The difference was just a single node.
You are taking the "Mana and Reduced Mana cost" node. (The one next to "Dynamo")
in the lvl 90 tree you don't have that.

But as you said it is a very minor difference. Just wondered if it was because you were playing around with some new stuff or just because you needed that bonus at that moment :)

Thanks for the build though! I'm a completely new player in PoE and at act 4 atm. Really liking the playstyle of the build :)

Ah I think I made the tree while I was level 90 and managed to level to 91, so I just took something random :)

Glad you're enjoying the build! Keep me posted how it goes! I'll be home on the weekend so its easier to answer questions.
"
Can someone elaborate on how this build is supposed to work against bosses? I'm currently level 55 with this build, I can mow down packs of mobs in seconds easily. Bosses on the other hand have been a big problem and I'm not sure if I'm missing something that would make it work better. The problem I'm having with bosses is I can only dish out mediocre damage, but mostly I think it comes down to survivability. In every boss fight I just seem to drain all my health potions until I have nothing left and then die, a few of the act bosses I've had to cheese by just dieing over and over until i wear them down. What am I missing to make bosses work properly?

I had very few problems with most bosses, except the one minor beast god in the cave due to poor gearing. My basic strategy is to use shock nova to keep up power charges and try to storm call when its safe. The build does require a bit of dodging and isn't meant to facetank everything.

Maybe two tips that I can give are use flame dash early on instead of lightning warp, as LW is a bit slow for dodging. A second tip is to use the minor life flask god for prolonged fights to regenerate flask charges. It really does make a difference in long fights! Also do you have instant flasks? Ones with "Seething" or "Bubbling" increase survivabity a lot. Other than that, I've tried to post various videos even at lower levels to give you an idea about the playstyle, such as Tukohama.
"
Darksagex wrote:
"
azuz22 wrote:

Most of the damage comes from crits and power charges, do you have them up when you're fighting? Also your profile is private, so I can't tell which tree you are using.

Thanks for the reply. I got a lot further by just buying Call of the Brotherhood and switching Arctic armor over to Herald of Ice. And yeah, my Power charges are 100% up as long as there are packs within 10 seconds of eachother. I also switched Cast speed with Conc effect to get somewhere with the map boss damage.

EDIT: And if you wanna look at my char, i made it public, thanks for pointing that out. I still feel that i struggle, but i have a more straight view on the problems now.
Last edited by azuz22 on Aug 7, 2017, 2:15:19 PM
I am running low Tier maps atm, mainly 2/3 to gear up a bit.

It has been a while since i played a caster, but is it me or is stun from physical hits alot more of an issue than it has been in the past?
Some bosses (Vaal pyramid and arid lake-max enraged) i expected to be more trouble than others, but those two are quite hard with this build.
Well, hopefully gear will get some upgrades soon. If anybody has advice, charname is VorsichtHochspannung.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info