What is your obsession with the USA?

"
Bars wrote:
Jokes aside, the USA is a standard dominant empire (now on a seeming decline, not sure for how long though). The world has had at least one of these at any point in time. It's big, it's powerful, it's wealthy and influential, and anything it does has a huge impact - both the bad and the good.

The fact of the matter is, there's a lot of good and a lot of bad. Doesn't matter what you're looking for, you'll find it.

So, yep. America IS great. It's also terrible. It has given a lot to the world. It has also inflicted tons of misery on very many countries. Nature of the beast. It stands to reason if you live in Pakistan or somewhere else and you need a drone strike forecast along with the weather forecast, you won't feel exactly warm towards Americans.

What the hell are you talking about? Please elaborate why you feel USA is in decline don't just make ignorant statements without providing examples. You have none... Stop trying to BS a BSer.
"Another... Solwitch thread." AST
Current Games: :::City Skylines:::Elite Dangerous::: Division 2

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
Even if we are falling behind economically, we are overflowing with FREEDOM.
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Bars wrote:
Jokes aside, the USA is a standard dominant empire (now on a seeming decline, not sure for how long though). The world has had at least one of these at any point in time. It's big, it's powerful, it's wealthy and influential, and anything it does has a huge impact - both the bad and the good.

The fact of the matter is, there's a lot of good and a lot of bad. Doesn't matter what you're looking for, you'll find it.

So, yep. America IS great. It's also terrible. It has given a lot to the world. It has also inflicted tons of misery on very many countries. Nature of the beast. It stands to reason if you live in Pakistan or somewhere else and you need a drone strike forecast along with the weather forecast, you won't feel exactly warm towards Americans.

What the hell are you talking about? Please elaborate why you feel USA is in decline don't just make ignorant statements without providing examples. You have none... Stop trying to BS a BSer.

As an Asian who dreamt of working in America one day and finally realizing it one year ago:

-My students cannot even afford school fees and have to drop out to get school fees from Macdonalds?

-My secondary school mathematics are these people's college mathematics??

-Investors are dumping money into China faster than they are dumping into USA apparently.

-The toilets here are not as clean as two Asian nations I have lived in-Japan and Singapore

-Healthcare here is managed by private insurance companies who keep on discounting their coverage and no Asian country is suffering from this nonsense.

Sorry but uncle Sam being no.1 is so yesterday and I have met more than one Americans who r so ignorant that they comment about USA without visiting other countries at all.

World economic forums, TIMES, the economist, all the academic social Science papers are talking about losing wealth to China. Even if you disagree, if you have not read any of these papers, then your opinion is kind of weak isn't it? There are so many issues with the American mentality over reflected here

1)Too ignorant to learn the truth about the outside world. In Chinese mythology, 'Frog in the well', a frog believes that the well he lives in is beautiful (which is true!) until the day he leaps out and sees the real world.

2)Even after learning the truth of the outside world, you
-Refuse to work hard to make USA no1 again
-Still try to argue your way through your fantasy.

3)Finally the biggest weakness of America is not in terms of world competition, but in people's mentality. Having not even the slightest willpower to work hard and still bragging about yesterday glory.
"
solwitch wrote:

I have zero inclination to argue with you, I'm telling it how I see it, you take it as you will.
The Wheel of Nerfs turns, and builds come and pass, leaving memories that become legend. Legend fades to myth, and even myth is long forgotten when the build that gave it birth comes again.
"
Bars wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:

I have zero inclination to argue with you, I'm telling it how I see it, you take it as you will.

I don't argue with ignorance ^.^ point proven. Lots of bs around lately.

"...our most seemingly ironclad beliefs about our own agency and conscious experience can be dead wrong." -Adam Bear
"
Deadpeng wrote:
"
solwitch wrote:
"
Bars wrote:

As an Asian who dreamt of working in America one day and finally realizing it one year ago:

-My students cannot even afford school fees and have to drop out to get school fees from Macdonalds?

-My secondary school mathematics are these people's college mathematics??

-Investors are dumping money into China faster than they are dumping into USA apparently.

-The toilets here are not as clean as two Asian nations I have lived in-Japan and Singapore

-Healthcare here is managed by private insurance companies who keep on discounting their coverage and no Asian country is suffering from this nonsense.

Sorry but uncle Sam being no.1 is so yesterday and I have met more than one Americans who r so ignorant that they comment about USA without visiting other countries at all.

World economic forums, TIMES, the economist, all the academic social Science papers are talking about losing wealth to China. Even if you disagree, if you have not read any of these papers, then your opinion is kind of weak isn't it? There are so many issues with the American mentality over reflected here

1)Too ignorant to learn the truth about the outside world. In Chinese mythology, 'Frog in the well', a frog believes that the well he lives in is beautiful (which is true!) until the day he leaps out and sees the real world.

2)Even after learning the truth of the outside world, you
-Refuse to work hard to make USA no1 again
-Still try to argue your way through your fantasy.

3)Finally the biggest weakness of America is not in terms of world competition, but in people's mentality. Having not even the slightest willpower to work hard and still bragging about yesterday glory.

So you just inadvertently proved my point... Your student problems arise from the history of your country. Don't blame the USA because you decided not to come here. Im the toad that eats the frogs that leave their ponds.

Edit: one more thing you chose the career no one chose it for you

Like I tell the kids I mentor, if you go around life making decisions based on emotional impulses... you're going to fail.

Last edited by solwitch on Jun 16, 2017, 12:52:44 PM
"
Deadpeng wrote:

As an Asian....

I find it so funny when someone bring the race card, as if race was important aren't we all humans?
"
diablofdb wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:

As an Asian....

I find it so funny when someone bring the race card, as if race was important aren't we all humans?

Once again, I use the word Asian to mean residents of Asia not the race reference. I guess it does not matter even if I remind you another 100 times. You want to come to joke with me again? I have not learnt to take you jokingly yet, but neither have you learnt it seems.
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Coming all the way to defend your American arrogance.

Well-earned arrogance, thank you!

"
pneuma wrote:
"
Deadpeng wrote:
Coming all the way to defend your American arrogance.

Well-earned arrogance, thank you!

It is Deadpeng posting here.

My friends from Discord, Facebook, Skype and physicsforums! See this is what I meant about the funny people on POE forums. Come see for yourself!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info