New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
New Physical, Fire, Chaos, and Poison support gems, but no love for Cold or Lightning?

And some CYA on Poison/DoT after nerfing it? -_-

We already have plenty of Fire damage help, which is why pure DPS builds gravitate towards Fire.

/disappointed

And additionally, why are you concerned about cold and lightning? they dont apply DoT, do you not know what GGG's focus is on right now?

VORTEX.

And, frankly, I was one of the many who were severely disappointed that Scorching Ray was a fire skill rather than cold or lightning (and I've made a full SR build, btw - see my signature). Rather than intensifying the focus of DoT on fire and chaos, I'd rather they give us some hope that we'll see more cold and lightning-based DoT skills in future. As you can see above, I'm hardly the only one who's sick of this fire (and chaos, but that's much more understandable given how long they previously ignored the gaping lack of chaos skills) obsession. Enough with the flames already...
How about some active skills......
"
Exile009 wrote:
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
cipher_nemo wrote:
New Physical, Fire, Chaos, and Poison support gems, but no love for Cold or Lightning?

And some CYA on Poison/DoT after nerfing it? -_-

We already have plenty of Fire damage help, which is why pure DPS builds gravitate towards Fire.

/disappointed

And additionally, why are you concerned about cold and lightning? they dont apply DoT, do you not know what GGG's focus is on right now?

VORTEX.

And, frankly, I was one of the many who were severely disappointed that Scorching Ray was a fire skill rather than cold or lightning (and I've made a full SR build, btw - see my signature). Rather than intensifying the focus of DoT on fire and chaos, I'd rather they give us some hope that we'll see more cold and lightning-based DoT skills in future. As you can see above, I'm hardly the only one who's sick of this fire (and chaos, but that's much more understandable given how long they previously ignored the gaping lack of chaos skills) obsession. Enough with the flames already...

So I agree that I would like to see more cold/lightning skills that can work with DoT. In the case of vortex though, it can be scaled with elemental damage/Spell Damage/Damage over Time. Vortex has more than enough supports right now. You can use Controlled Destruction, Elemental Focus, Rapid Decay, Conc Effect etc.. The DoT Skills they are focusing on right now can no longer be modified in the same ways that Vortex still can be. As I said in my earlier post Im surprised GGG decided to tackle this while also having so much other rebalancing to focus on.

Also on a side note, Ive always wanted to see some of the lightning skills be readjusted, like arc. I never hear of someone actually self casting arc. The only thing I hear of is Arc Miners because they can scale the damage so much better, so ya cold and lightning could use some love, but thats still not GGG's focus atm.
Decay could be renamed to Decompose or something to avoid confusion with Rapid Decay

I don't get the point of Lesser Poison, alone it seems too weak and with Poison it doesn't really add anything

Looking forward to Brutality
HYUPEEEE

looks interesting.
My end, it justifies my means,
All I ever do is delay,
My every attempt to evade,
The end of the road
And my end....
With the Decay Support Gem will Essence of Delirium get removed?
"
TenTonBlue wrote:

You called someone juvenile, yet youre calling out someones spelling?

Learn to spell "you're".

But you get an A+ on reading. Now if you could learn to understand what you're reading.
Last edited by Mavent on Jun 14, 2017, 10:34:51 AM
While reading the debate concerning GGG's fire and chaos "overfocus", I would like to ask if it's not a way to compensate the suppression of double dipping and keep fire and chaos just as good as before DD nerf ? So they look over buffed wherease they are just balanced ?

I agree that lightning and cold don't get the same attention as fire and chaos, but the Deadly ailement support gem would buff damages to shock and freeze too, so cold and lightning skills in the end right ? And in fact, the ignite (fire) buff due to this support gem is already contained in the will of balancing fire post DD nerf ?
"
Mavent wrote:
"
TenTonBlue wrote:

You called someone juvenile, yet youre calling out someones spelling?

Learn to spell "you're".

But you get an A+ on reading. Now if you could learn to understand what you're reading.

Ill say it again because you missed it in my previous post, if you dont have something constructive to add to the topic of the thread then dont post at all. If you would like to continue this conversation via Private Messages Im more than happy to grind you into the dirt there.

Any future posts not related to this thread will be reported.
More, more and more damages (values from lvl 1 to 20 here). There's some counterparts still so that's okay i guess. Even if Vile Toxins seems just full win (if you've the right atk/cast speed).
I wonder if Elemental Proliferation Support will have the less damages affix removed.

I feel like what is not much liked by the community aka stacking more damages will be the next major issue to deal with by GGG. Until it's a wanted direction.
Last edited by Harest on Jun 14, 2017, 10:53:18 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info