New Support Gems Coming to The Fall of Oriath Beta

Can we get an ETA for MTX on beta?

I still haven't seen my verdana wings and outlaw stuff. :(
Perception is reality.
I think brutality is a good idea in THEORY, as its meant to be an incentive to go "Full Physical" compared to how previously if you went Physical you also went for hatred and HOA, since they scaled off of physical damage, especially since you're spreading around bleed as an option that's easier to get by putting it in the Marauder axe and sword specialization)
But Brutality is just too weak compared to the other options to be worth it. You'd literally have to delete melee Physical damage support to make this chosen, and PLEASE do not try that.

"
KaseyM21 wrote:

Also, (I could be wrong as I haven't tested) but I don't thing melee physical effects bleed? Bleed isn't melee damage. Only straight %physical has an effect as far as I know.

Bleed is affected SOLELY by the weapon's physical damage now-- what the skill's physical damage is is what the bleed's damage will be based on. There's no double dipping like before.
So it doesn't matter if the Physical support only affects Melee, since melee is the only thing that will dictate the bleed damage of the skill.

Last edited by aleksandor on Jun 14, 2017, 2:08:58 AM
So, remember that design manifesto where you guys talked about how line breaks on items and gems affect clarity?

When I first read Vile Toxins, I read it as "... up to 6 supported skills..." when I'm pretty sure you mean "up to 6 poisons on the enemy."

Parentheses are your friend.

"... for each poison (up to 6) on the enemy"

Requires precisely one more character, accounting for dropping the comma, and avoids confusion.

That comma really makes it seem like a continuous thought. At least to me.
Jul 27, 2011 - Sept 30, 2018.
Last edited by Serleth on Jun 14, 2017, 2:13:49 AM
So when can we expect to get our crafting benches back?

>> https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1907824 <<

I know it's due to the fact that you disabled the hideout decoartion tab because you have to fix that. But as long as this is disabled I can't get back my crafting benches nor my zana map device. That kinda ruins a big part of the fun of the beta for me, especially for testing the endgame.
Wow, some of those gems give a huge buff to phys2chaos builds. I guess CI isn't yet death since this is a big boost to Darkscorn.
I don't understand why people keep yelling that Brutality is useless. Hey, it's not melee only. Stop thinking that melee physical damage doesn't better. It applies to ALL physical damage including melee, attack, spell and DoT(bleed). You can use this gem to buff both the damage of the hit and bleed. It's actually a great support gems for hit-and-bleed builds.
(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Last edited by WillisTheWillis on Jun 14, 2017, 2:14:18 AM
For those of you that cannot see the purpose of Brutality, as one who loves making builds more than actually playing I'd like to share with you some possibilities.

it's not more MELEE physical, it's just physical damage so it can possibly make certain items shine and certain builds flourish, especially those that struggled to find needed damage or sources of synergy. It also opens up new potential builds for people adventurous enough to try them out. Know that just because a gem might not be top-tier, it doesn't mean there won't be many people who'll enjoy it.

Static Strike, Lightning Strike and other attacks that work in two parts could benefit from a gem like this. Static Strike with Multistrike and Brutality could apply poisons and bleeds more effectively for example, since the shockwaves/projectiles do both lightning AND physical. Maybe Deadeye Rangers that can chain lightning arrow with their ascendancy could rapidly apply poisons using Lightning Arrow and Brutality. Physical Bow builds in general benefit from Brutality, and who knows? Maybe someone could find a way to make a Glacial Cascade poison/bleed assassin with Brutality while using glacial cascade's gore mtx?(that's stretching it abit but still.) Or have the gore mtx on lightning arrow and make a lightning arrow bleed build maybe? These new gems grant many more possibilities.

People have fun at least trying to make a cool, unique build and Brutality just opens more windows for them. Personally it's my favorite gem right next to Unbound Ailments, I like that one too. I'll be trying out that lightning arrow build too when the new gems are out in the beta.
Last edited by WizBlizz1994 on Jun 14, 2017, 2:19:00 AM
Now it gets me thinking, does Efficiency Support get Increased Aliments Duration from Quality or from levels? How about spell damage? Maybe both are from quality? Hmmmm :thinking:
"
Avenroth wrote:
Now it gets me thinking, does Efficiency Support get Increased Aliments Duration from Quality or from levels? How about spell damage? Maybe both are from quality? Hmmmm :thinking:

The increased skill effect duration and damage over time is probably the quality portion of the gem.
Chance to Bleed "flat phys dmg with WEAPON" - RIP my facebreakers dreams w/o using bloody abyssus

Chris really scared about Facebreakers kek
Last edited by availablex on Jun 14, 2017, 2:23:58 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info