Spelling mistakes and typos

I also found some issues in the german translation (I am native german):

Armourer's Scrap : Plattnerschrott
This makes no sence. The word Plattner doesn't exist at all.
It would be better to translate these as.

- Rüstungsschrott
This means it is scrap but in my opinion no one would call it like that in germany
- Rüstungsstücke
This means it is a part of the armor
- Rüstungsfetzen (which is the best in my opinion)
This says it has been broken out of an armor

Gems : Gemmen
This is completely wrong.
The word Gemmen doesn't exist

A Gem is translated as "Edelstein" (not "Juwel" which would be Jewel).
And the plural is "Edelsteine"
[german translation]

hey,

plz translate "flask(s)" with "Flasche(n)"

the use of "Fläschchen" is just määäh

thxbye

in the german version

- belts, rings, amuletts and flasks that add flat armor have an % behind the value (+300% armor for example)
- the item Hrimburn says "Reflektiert 10 Feuerschaden auf Angreifer" should be "Kälteschaden"
- Belt of the Decievers says "Ihr nehmt 30% verringerten zusätzlichen Feuerschaden von kritischen Treffern" should be "Ihr nehmt 30% verringerten zusätzlichen Schaden von kritischen Treffern"
- Items providing Blockchance (like the anvil, Rearguard or Bringer of Rain) say " Chance auf Blocken" without displaying a value for that

Found this s far, I may look over more things when I have the time for that.
I just wanted to take a quick look at the german version.

have a nice day
Sorry for not reading all previous messages. I might repeat some reported typos.

Typos for Spanish:

On log-in screen:
OLVIDé MI CONTRASEÑA -> OLVIDÉ MI CONTRASEÑA
CRéDITOS > CRÉDITOS
Expansion name, MTX offer and new content link still in english. I'm not sure if this is an error.

On character selection:
Templar -> Templario
Liga Standard - Liga Estándar. Not sure if you want to consider this a typo.

Options menu:
Volumen de Alertas de Filtros de -> Volumen de Alertas de Filtros de Objetos
Diálogos Aparecen en el Chat -> Los Diálogos Aparecen en el Chat. Sounds more natural.
Asignación Estándar de Despojos -> Asignación Estándar del Botín. Botín sounds more like "valuable", Despojos sounds more like "garbage".
Lista de Filtros de Ítems -> Lista de Filtros de Objetos. This is "False friend" issue. Spanish Items are more like rows in a list or chapters. Dictionary http://dle.rae.es/?id=ME3GjHf
RESTABLECER A LOS VALORES ESTANDAR -> RESTABLECER A LOS VALORES ESTÁNDAR
Alternador -> Alt. This is just for convenience, nobody names the key next to space bar "Alternador" but simply "Alt", because it's what is written on it. I needed to change languages to know what it was.
Resaltar los ítems y objetos -> Resaltar los objetos. I know that on english says "Highlight items and objects", and that means loot and chests/doors... but you either find a good word for chests/doors or just leave "objetos". Dictionary http://dle.rae.es/?id=ME3GjHf
Cosméticos -> No idea. Doesn't feel good, there's provably a better word but I doesn't come to my mind. It's not a plain wrong translation.
Pantalla de Atlas -> Pantalla del Atlas.
Tecla para levantar ítems -> Tecla para recoger objetos.
Ítem de logro completado -> Objetivo de logro completado. Again with "Ítem". You have to understand, that even if it is on the dictionary, is not a common word in spanish as it is on English.
Muestra una notificación cuando parte del logo es completado -> Muestra una notificación cuando parte del logro es completado. Also this is the only explanatory pop-up in all the options menu.

Game Interface:
Escudo -> Escudo de energia. It's like translating Energy Shield to Shield. It will lead to problems when talking about the off-hand item. This is correctly translated in other places (like items).
Mapa de transparencia -> Mapa trasparente/superpuesto/semitransparente/or even nothing at all.

Chat:
Filtro de ítems cargado satisfactoriamente > Filtro de objetos cargado satisfactoriamente.

Inventory:
RequiereNivel -> Requiere Nivel. Happens on every item.
Like every rare/blue item has a fucked up name. Every last of them I checked so far. Missing spaces, random "de" everywhere and blue names without prefix/suffix (in the name, not in the mods). Won't even try to list them, too long. Unique/Currency names are fine.
Resistencia a Caos -> Resistencia al Caos. The other resistances already say: Resistencia al Hielo/Fuego/Rayo, also is fine in character screen.
Ítem -> Objetos. On currency descriptions... and basically everywhere. Will stop to list this.
Remueve -> Quita. Another false friend, remueve means "shake" or "mix", not "delete" You can find a ton of "Remueve" on flasks. Dictionary: http://dle.rae.es/?id=VvbOqVK

I didn't check all item mods, but about 10+ items of each kind (white/blue/rare/uniques gear, essences, maps, flasks, gems, etc) and I can say I can't find mistakes on mod descriptions. Congratulations, this was provably the most critical part of the job.

Microtransactions:
Singular and plural uses for sections is not consistent. Mascota, Portal and Huellas or Recompensas de Desafío.

Character screen:
Chance to Ignite -> It's not translated
Some lines are too long and collide with the value column

Passive Tree:
I didn't check every passive node, just some basic/random/keystones and everything is fine.

Achievements/Challenges:
Esconder Desafíos completados -> Cut, too long

Help:
Welcome to the Help Panel > Bienvenido al panel de ayuda

PS: I'm tired already, Achievements/Challenges and Help are not fully checked yet. Maybe I'll continue later/tomorrow. As this thread is so long I'll simply do a new post (in this thread) and link this, so GGG doesn't need to check back for edits.

Conclusion: Overall I'm happy, mods and passives look good, which are what I considered essential. I plan to use the game with english interface and spanish chat.

the french version of Hyaon's Fury flavour text is on a single line.
On language (French) Vanguard Belt has the implicit in english while explicit properties are in french. Also, capital letters on "Récuperation" and "Etourdissement" :

Ceinture de l'avant garde virile de la peau d'acier

+300 to armour and evasion rating

+71 de vie maximale
+20% de la vitesse de Récupération d'Etourdissement accrue
Here is a compilation of the French Translation problems I came across during my stream a few hours ago :

Most of the list I made for this post will be "including, but not limited to", they ARE NOT exhaustive lists.

Some Gems description are still in english : Lightning Golem, Vortex, Blade Flurry, Sunder, Charged Dash, Dark Pact, Scorching Ray, Lacerate, Wild Strike and more

As mentioned above, a LOT of unique items have their flavor text on a single solid line, making the item card stupidely wide : Prismatic Eclipse, Cybil's Paw, Hall of the Grandmasters, Doryani's Invitation, Ngamahu's Sign, Brute Force Solution, Romira's Banquet and a TON more, I gave up after those one.

A high number of gem (skills and support) effects line are not translated. Different type of phrases are affected but they are mainly "one shot" lines you don't find on other gem : Melee Physical, Blade Flurry, Dark Park, Chance to Bleed, Pierce, Shrapnel Shot, SRS, Cast on Melee kill, Abyssal Cry, Charged Dash, Cast when damage taken, Swift Affliction, Freeze Pulse, FlameBlast, Vaal Flameblast, Arc, Shock Nova, Arcane Surge, Cast When Channeling, Blade Vortex, Reckoning, Damage On Full Life, Onslaught and more.

The "+ X Radius" on the gem effect is always in english.

Sunder french transtlation is "Déchirure Tellurique" on the Gem and "Déchirement" in the attack tooltip. Make up your mind Sunder. Jokes aside, there are probably other instances of the same problem, but I cannot test everything on my own.
On the same note, absurdly long gem names like Flame Golem (Invocation de Golem de flammes) do not fit in the tooltip.

Some affixes in the Magic Item Name are not translated. I couldn't test them all, but Chemist's [Flask] is one of them. There are probably others.

Some item flavor texts are still in English : The Writhing Jar, The Sorrow of the Divine, Nghamahu Flame, Extractor Mentis, Widowmaker, Voidheart, Overwhelming Odds, Death's Opus, Allelopathy, Wasp's Nest, Bisco's Leash, Spreading Rot, The Tempestuous Steel, Voll's vision, Council's Grasp and many many more.

Some item effects are still in english, again mainly "one-shot" lines : Offerings to the Goddess, Harbinger items Pieces, Hallowed Ground, Beachhead, Prophecy Keys, Guardian Fragments, Divine Vessels, Overflowing Chalice, Nghamahu flame, Hand of Thought and Motion, Spreading Rot...

A Unique Item as a placeholder as description : Wyrmsign

Found 2 typos in Unique Maps : Oba's Cursed Trove : la zone devient "fatal" (should be "Fatale"). Olmec's Sanctum : le boss "finale" (should be "final")

And now the truly tricky and important part : HUGE INCONSISTENCIES

Sockets are defined by 2 different terms as far as I am Aware
They are usually refered as "Chasses", but I also found "Socles" (which is probably incorrect) in the Twilight Eclipse Unique Item

Life / Mana Leech is defined useing 2 different terms.
It is refered as "vol de vie/mana" on item affixes (gloves suffix for example)
It is also refered as "Drain de vie/mana" in gem description (Warlord's Mark)

BIGGEST INCONSISTENCY BY FAR :
"More" and "Increased" are translated by 2 different terms each.

More can be found as "% Davantage" (which doesn't make sence in French btw) or "En plus" which is correct (but is colloquial language)
Increased can be found as "% [...] Accru(e)" or "% d'augmentation". Both are correct, "accrue" feels better I think.

This is a HUGE deal, seriously the translator(s) must chose one of the 2 version AND STICK WITH IT.

My last peeves, which is probably impossible to circumvent without engeneering something new in the item name is the Items Prefixes that unfortunately become Suffixes using French Syntax. That's how the language is build, you cannot perfectly match a french prefix to an english prefix, that's impossible (without creating new prefixes and translating using an interely different term). Therefore, the visual clue and immediate recognition of prefixes and suffixes is impossible in French. At least, the "prefix" is always the first suffix and the "real suffix" is always the second suffix, so there is that.
If you consider a Magic Item with only 1 affix, you cannot tell if it's a prefix or a suffix with the current translation, unless you know every affix by heart of course. Who doesn't am I right ? A visual cue like a different font, color or form to differenciate prefixes and suffixes should do the trick but I don't know if it's possible.

The way the translation in going is not bad, but there are VERY important stuff to fix as soon as possible. Typos and bad choice of word can be done later, the main focus should be to translate to game systems as accurately as possible, and the inconsistencies I mentionned are a huge deal imho.

[Edit]

Oops, forgot to post the best item I found

Title and effects in French
Description in English
A line inexplicably in Spanish

Kanon
Last edited by Kanonkessen on Oct 12, 2017, 8:30:41 PM
French translation
Vendors
Act 9
bug ref: 204,811,148
Petarus & Vanja
instead of "Acheter des objets & Vendre des objets"
Uses "L'Ouragan en bouteille & Prendre L'Ouragan en bouteille"

French translation
Vendors
Act 9
bug ref: 1,839,676,689
Irasha
Uses "Shakari & Shakari"

French translation
Vendors
Act 10
bug ref: 2,142,011,812
Lani
Uses "Vilenta & Vilenta"

Das Deutsche Forum ist Online
und dort sollte man jetzt auch das Feedback Über die Deutsche Übersetzung Posten.

https://de.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1/page/1#p2

Here are the French version mistakes and typos I found.

It should say "tous" instead of "tout".

"Lucky" is translated in two different ways : "Chanceuse" and "Favorable". I'd suggest keeping "favorable". In French, the blue text can be read as "your luck is lucky"...

Again, nothing wrong, but the loading screen says "Le Guet de Lioneye". You should choose one of the two. I'd say keep the loading screen version, "Oeil de Lion" is over-translating it. (personal note : Thank you for not translating Fairgraves' name)

The "#% increased attack speed" modifier lets me think it should say "Célérité" instead of "Célébrité", which means "fame".

It says "Exilée", the feminine form, even when playing as a male character. The male form (in this case, "Exilé") is typically employed in gender-neutral situations.

It should say "D'hémophilie".

With this one, a French player will most likely understand, but it's not proper grammar, the translation is too literal. In English this says "#% faster start of Energy Shield Recharge". I assume "#%" has to start the sentence, which is the main issue here.
I would recommend "#% du délai de recharge du bouclier d'énergie accéléré" but it's... probably too long. And it's still not perfect French but it's clearer.

This one is weirder. On my end it doesn't show up in the English version. The white text claims there's a 25% chance to gain charges and the orange text says 20%, both under the exact same conditions. (Btw, the orange version of that sentence is better)

Not a typo, but it seems like a bug caused by typography.
Last edited by Blauze on Oct 14, 2017, 4:08:18 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info