Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Rhys wrote:
"
desophos wrote:
It should be "ones", without the apostrophe.

Gah, I swear I've fixed this before. Fixed again...

"
dust7 wrote:
I think it should be "chrushes" instead of "crush" in the flavour text of Demigod's presence, because "delight" is singular.

No, it's definitely just "crush". And "delight" isn't actually singular here, it's used as a verb.

It's definitely not "chrushes" :P
If you don't have anything nice to say, zip your lip!!!
Sorry for not checking the thread if this is known, but I noticed in Elreon missions one of the spawns is called "Corrupted Matyr" should be "Corrupted Martyr"
There's an item for sale among Zana's decorations called Guided Crib, should that be called Gilded Crib instead?
IGN = Tetti
Last edited by Tetti on Sep 16, 2014, 9:33:58 AM

This gloves give assasing mark, not critical weakness
IGN:Arnatha
Is Path of Exile an American game now? As well as lots of American grammar we now have a skill gem called "Generosity". It doesn't sit well when 'armour' is spelled correctly.
~DemiDemon~

Playing almost every day since Beta version 0.9.1 in 2011.
"
DemiDemon wrote:
lots of American grammar we now have a skill gem called "Generosity". It doesn't sit well when 'armour' is spelled correctly.

"Generosity" is the correct British spelling. What other American grammar have you seen?

(note that the comic books intentionally use American English)
Code warrior
"
Rhys wrote:
"Generosity" is the correct British spelling.

My god! It is too, my bad. It just looked wrong...

"
Rhys wrote:
What other American grammar have you seen?

The use of the word 'bring'* for one. Americans say it when they mean 'take' - and so does Path of Exile in content that has been added since late beta.

*As in "Bring the bracelet to Clarrisa" and similar quest instructions.

"
Rhys wrote:
(note that the comic books intentionally use American English)
Noted. ;)

Keep up the good work.
~DemiDemon~

Last edited by DemiDemon on Sep 27, 2014, 7:30:20 AM
"
Rhys wrote:
What other American grammar have you seen?
"
DemiDemon wrote:
The use of the word 'bring'* for one. Americans say it when they mean 'take' - and so does Path of Exile in content that has been added since late beta.

*As in "Bring the bracelet to Clarrisa" and similar quest instructions.

Yep, I just ran a character through to the medicine chest quest to check and, having been coded earlier before GGG took on a bunch of international staff it says "Take the medicine chest to Nessa". Good old New Zealand British English.

Most of the later quests say "Bring" instead of the 'Take'.

Cheers,
~DemiDemon~

Not sure if this is the right place for this, but instead of saying "Dry Peninsula Map," the map item is just called "Dry Peninsula." This is unlike the others, i.e. "Crematorium Map," "Shrine Map," "Promenade Map," etc.

(I would link one, but I'm all out of them =P)
In Leo Redmane's Duelist intro, "its not the gild" should have an apostrophe.

Also, Grigor and Eramir don't capitalise cardinal directions - should they?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info