Spelling mistakes and typos

"
Rhys wrote:
"
You've broken my heart.

I share your pain.
Yeah, I was disappointed to hear about this as well. But I can understand why it was done.
It really sucks. But it was basically a matter of cost.

Cost to change a few pieces of text: negligible (a few mins of time)
Cost to change the voice acting: $1000? (lots)

Or should we have simply kept it spelled "Fidelitas" with the "Fidelitis" pronunciation? I almost prefer that, honestly. But it isn't my call... though I can argue for it to be one way or the other. What do you think?

If it were up to me, I would rerecord the VA, and take the opportunity to get some other bits and pieces done (for example, Helena's "Baleful Gem" speech has no VA at all, and she could use more helloes and goodbyes).
Code warrior
Wow, I had no idea you guys cared so much about this.

I seem to have misspoken (mistyped?) earlier, or at least given the wrong impression as to the costs of rerecording the VA. It's not that we need more money, it's just not really worth it, because we can get so much more bang for our buck by spending that money elsewhere.

Sometimes, we simply have to think about how much improvement to the game we are getting per dollar. The system isn't perfect - neither is the game - but we need some way of deciding when to stop polishing and move on.

Anyway, I've emailed the relevant persons in charge. We'll see what happens. I hope it does change back, though.

[Edit] We're changing it back. Huzzah!

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"So, you killed A granddaddy crab?"

This text has already been fixed to match the VA, hasn't it?

"
Raycheetah wrote:
"...All THESE people consumed by Merveil and her brood..."

Fixing, thanks.
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Mar 25, 2014, 4:22:26 PM
"
Xendran wrote:
With the way the high supporters are responding, this doesn't fully make sense.
Now i understand you can't just 100% believe for a fact that the supporters would do as they say and support again if it changes, and not support if they don't, but on the chance they do you aren't losing bang for your buck, because you are spending money that only exists if you make the change.

I was talking about before, when there was no feedback/offers. Now, yes, the situation is different.
Code warrior
"
I know your standard is NZ spelling, so:

JEWELLED.

Not JEWELED.

JEWELLER'S.

not JEWELER'S.

This goes for strongboxes AND foils.

Oops, almost missed these. Thanks!

"
RulerofAsgard wrote:
the line the Scion says when entering The Climb sounds wrong to me

You're right. Hopefully we can fix this one when we get the VA back for Act 4.

"
I've never had to coerce GGG before. Maybe I didn't have to this time. But it sure as fuck felt like it.

It was the surprising and sizable flood of player feedback here in this thread that did it. Sometimes, we make mistakes and don't even realize it until you guys let us know. So thank you.
Code warrior
"
chimpanzee wrote:
why this flavour text on cloak of flame?
"He who sows embers shall reap hellfire."

Good point.

"
There are monsters named UNSTABLE LARVAE, located in the Cavern of Anger.

The word LARVAE is plural.

Another good point.
Code warrior
Thank you the reports, everyone! I'm fixing them now. Keep 'em coming!
Code warrior
"
DemiDemon wrote:
lots of American grammar we now have a skill gem called "Generosity". It doesn't sit well when 'armour' is spelled correctly.

"Generosity" is the correct British spelling. What other American grammar have you seen?

(note that the comic books intentionally use American English)
Code warrior
Thanks for the reports, guys!

"
Tempada wrote:
There's a conjugation error in the Ethereal Knives description:

"Fires an arc of knives in front of the caster which deal physical damage."

An arc deals physical damage. The subject is arc, not knives, so deal should be changed to deals.

No, it is the knives dealing the damage, not the arc. The grammar of the main sentence leaves the subject of the subordinate clause ambiguous - it could be either - but the conjugation of "deal" tells you it is the knives.
Code warrior
"
vmrob wrote:

I posted in that StackExchange thread.

"
Both ways are grammatically correct, but there is a different emphasis placed on the source of the damage. If the arc is dealing damage, then there is one source dealing one amount of damage, but if the knives are dealing the damage, then since there are multiple knives, then there are multiple sources of damage applying separately.

This is an important distinction for this particular skill.

A similar example:

"Fires an arc of knives which explode on contact."

There is a significant difference here if the knives explode individually, instead of the entire arc of knives exploding in unison.

There are also other answers in the StackExchange thread that agree that the grammar leaves it ambiguous, i.e. that both ways are grammatically correct.

[Edit] Though since that skill doesn't shotgun, it would be better to say the "arc deals damage" rather than the knives individually. But I maintain that both ways are correct, grammatically.
Code warrior
Last edited by Rhys on Oct 9, 2014, 6:59:58 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info