(3.2) Leary's Auramancer (Low and High-end Summoner, under reconstruction ) w. Beginner guide

"
We could use zombies as utlity and give them the new gem that maims.

Plus wither (hinder effect) and tempo chains, monsters will be motionless :p

Yeah, that's exactly what I had put in under the zombie header where I talk about using them as support.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
I always grumble when i see the minion speed gem . its the most important gem .. you dont want to use.

seriously taking a bath in dirtiest part of the river Ganges feels cleaner than having to use that support gem. damn thing doesn't even have a clean switch gem for single target.. since violent dead doesn't actually equate to 100% slam usage

its like yay your zombie no longer need splash .. boo your fucking zombies need a gem to run fast now.. and probably an accuracy gem because their hit rate in 80 maps is only 65%

ugh why zombies so slow .. makes me sad.

as for decay... you kinda have to put it on your main damage source minion so i would use it on specters almost exclusively since they dont have as many restrictions as zombies do.

one thing to consider now is well... gem spaces .. we keep getting more and more cool things to scale damage.. but we already had a ton of cool things to scale damage.
Looking forward to the finished guide. Looks great so far! Very well organized with plenty of options and explanations.
"
rahven32 wrote:
Looking forward to the finished guide. Looks great so far! Very well organized with plenty of options and explanations.

Thnx so much. I hope I can test enough in beta to include even more things than I am planning currently :)
As someone looking to switch to HC for 3.0 and beyond, are there any particulars that you would avoid or kind of lean more towards from the options presented? I'll probably read through this 100 times trying to decide, but any specific guidance would be appreciated.
"
fiyawerx wrote:
As someone looking to switch to HC for 3.0 and beyond, are there any particulars that you would avoid or kind of lean more towards from the options presented? I'll probably read through this 100 times trying to decide, but any specific guidance would be appreciated.

It really depends on the gear you gather, but for HC I recommend to play slower rather than faster, and try to get a nycta's lantern for leveling with srs, which can carry you up to at least lvl 80 and merc lab, while trying to focus on defenses. MoM can be a really good defense during leveling with SRS too, and really the only 2 auras you want to use before say maps, are clarity and purity of elements.

For post-80 builds, I recommend trying to fit in dual-curse as fast as possible (Temporal chains + enfeeble on blasphemy with as much quality as possible and the curse nodes). Besides that I just think it's best to focus on getting as much EHP as possible, albeit CI, Low life or Hybrid, or even pure life. Don't try to run prism guardian or midnight bargain before you can reach at least 8k ehp while using either of them. U can easily get away with running a high life + res and es shield before red maps.

Really important tip on map mods: Dont you ever roll chain or multiproj. As a summoner it is hard to dodge stuff already, u really dont want to be on your toes for off-screen stuff as well. Also there is this LA exile which u dont want to have multi-proj on as a summoner.

Lastly: Don't try to be all cheeky and use different spectres/setups unless u are either experienced or post-lvl 90. Flame sentinels and zombies are crucial until you get all setup and can focus more towards a single purpose. Even herald of kitava's arent worth it once you get to eternal lab, as they just dont offer the raw clearspeed sentinels do.
What about swapping in Proj-weakness instead of temp chain and then get tempchain-gloves and a +1curse amulet ? If running sentinels i mean, why not ? massive damage-multiplier, knockback and piercing for sentinels. Should be pretty badass!!
Possibly tempest shield aswell to trigger EE, even though we are kinda short on sockets allready..hmm..
temp chains is important for slowing mobile targets down enough for your minions to hit .. its particularly important if you have tormented spirits waddling around..

temp chains was always about the dual offensive defensive efficiency that it gave builds.

you could do it ... it all depends on what you are going to use for ammy and gloves.. those two slots tend to be very important too summoners for making up stats and resist deficiencies

tempest sheild to croc ee is a pretty.... terrible method to proc ee .. summoners dont want to be taking damage.. that is what their meat shield are for.. thus using tempest shield directly conflicts with the core summoner play style
"
Saltychipmunk wrote:
temp chains is important for slowing mobile targets down enough for your minions to hit .. its particularly important if you have tormented spirits waddling around..

temp chains was always about the dual offensive defensive efficiency that it gave builds.

you could do it ... it all depends on what you are going to use for ammy and gloves.. those two slots tend to be very important too summoners for making up stats and resist deficiencies

tempest sheild to croc ee is a pretty.... terrible method to proc ee .. summoners dont want to be taking damage.. that is what their meat shield are for.. thus using tempest shield directly conflicts with the core summoner play style

About tempest shield i ment it as an additional way to proc EE, we will be using another lightningskill to proc it either way, and we will be taking hits/damage no matter what.

Question is what gives most utility/socket, tempestshield, cwdt+x or what ?
"
chockdoo wrote:
What about swapping in Proj-weakness instead of temp chain and then get tempchain-gloves and a +1curse amulet ? If running sentinels i mean, why not ? massive damage-multiplier, knockback and piercing for sentinels. Should be pretty badass!!
Possibly tempest shield aswell to trigger EE, even though we are kinda short on sockets allready..hmm..

Ugh U dont want temp chain gloves. U also dont want proj weakness, I mean, its too unreliable and u dont need the damage, plus pierce is bad for fireball.

Also ugh tempest shield to proc ee. U dont want to take any dmg. U want ur minions to take damage. And it takes a socket. Sockets are way more valuable than an unreliable way to trigger EE. There's golems, Vaal skills, animate guardian, movement skills, fortify on movement skills. Faster attacks on movement skills. Skeleton totem, cwdt taken immortal call. 4link CWC setup for something like Wither/SR - cwc - Desc - offering (prob spirit, cuz flesh offering doesnt need to constantly pop), like, tempest shield isnt even remotely near useful.

" it all depends on what you are going to use for ammy and gloves.. those two slots tend to be very important too summoners for making up stats and resist deficiencies "

This. Gloves and amulet are one of the few defensive slots we are left with, we kinda want stats from our ammy. Finding good gloves/ammy is already hard, let's not make it harder, and just try to get those +1 corrupted gloves for our enhanced curses instead. Probably more valuable

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info