(3.2) Leary's Auramancer (Low and High-end Summoner, under reconstruction ) w. Beginner guide

"
Asmosis wrote:
I've been having a blast this league running a somewhat unconventional setup

Looks really cool. Im kinda sad I didn't get to play during 3.1 too much, as it brought a lot of good stuff for us. However, ima be back in 3.2 for most part and trying to update/remake the guide. Zombies gonna be supergood now.
Ign: Leary_AscendedNecro
Twitchtv: leary93
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCfzgUpVcv6wzrs5TwKZaGJQ
Make sure your in time, need my low life auramancer fix :p
"
leary93 wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:

Looks really cool. Im kinda sad I didn't get to play during 3.1 too much, as it brought a lot of good stuff for us. However, ima be back in 3.2 for most part and trying to update/remake the guide. Zombies gonna be supergood now.

The changes to ascendancy are pretty huge. I think necromancer still wins out for summoners, but the other two got some pretty big buffs to golems & curses.

I'm not sold on the league though and might skip this one. The mechanics sound fiddly, it'll depend entirely on the crafting recipes and there's a high probability it gets rolled into core game to play it in the next league.
"
Asmosis wrote:
"
leary93 wrote:
"
Asmosis wrote:

The changes to ascendancy are pretty huge. I think necromancer still wins out for summoners, but the other two got some pretty big buffs to golems & curses.

I'm not sold on the league though and might skip this one. The mechanics sound fiddly, it'll depend entirely on the crafting recipes and there's a high probability it gets rolled into core game to play it in the next league.

Yeah what I really like with the changes is that Occultist is now a viable option for more curse-oriented supports/summoners and elementalists more for Golems, so that if as a summoner you want to do something different, you can just swap up Ascendancies really quickly

I'm not sure on the new mechanics either, but I think it has potential, and haven't played much with the elder/shaper and abyss stuff yet, since I've skipped the last league :p. So I'm excited.
Great to see u back. Me skipped last league too. Digging info about my fav necro right now. So far looks like hybrid way is most comfortable atm. Max block defense still works with some crit punishment thru jewels. ES replenish based on cwdt->corpses->offering can be used too. Prolly its possible to mix es regain with block, with cost of es overboost and some slots. This league i will NOT sacrifice any possible def layers to dmg. No fckin way. It took several years on HC to learn this lesson.
As for our puppies. None knows how exactly new <dmg, attack> will affect overall minion dps. TV, SG officially not nerfed, but overall minion dps mechanics can be hidden nerf. Depend what GGG mean by attack speed increase, is it just autohit or casts too?

P.S. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094074 this build reminds me very old detonate dead build based on fact that there was no limit for dmg from DD, as i barely remember we were doin 100+ res on fire to avoid reflection self killing(using full bar of fire res pots) and next we press 2 buttons and few screens around burn, explode, die. Every boss ingame was insta dead with single explode. He use almost same mechanic corpse hp->lots of hi level corpses->everything dead. Except we additionally used burning, ++aoe, just to explode screens instead of single pack.
Last edited by ash2h on Mar 1, 2018, 8:10:50 PM
By far my strongest character last season was this build. With the auras and op gems Solars were crazy damage and like you said stacking ES recharge makes you tanky as hell.
"
ash2h wrote:
Great to see u back. Me skipped last league too. Digging info about my fav necro right now. So far looks like hybrid way is most comfortable atm. Max block defense still works with some crit punishment thru jewels. ES replenish based on cwdt->corpses->offering can be used too. Prolly its possible to mix es regain with block, with cost of es overboost and some slots. This league i will NOT sacrifice any possible def layers to dmg. No fckin way. It took several years on HC to learn this lesson.
As for our puppies. None knows how exactly new <dmg, attack> will affect overall minion dps. TV, SG officially not nerfed, but overall minion dps mechanics can be hidden nerf. Depend what GGG mean by attack speed increase, is it just autohit or casts too?

P.S. https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2094074 this build reminds me very old detonate dead build based on fact that there was no limit for dmg from DD, as i barely remember we were doin 100+ res on fire to avoid reflection self killing(using full bar of fire res pots) and next we press 2 buttons and few screens around burn, explode, die. Every boss ingame was insta dead with single explode. He use almost same mechanic corpse hp->lots of hi level corpses->everything dead. Except we additionally used burning, ++aoe, just to explode screens instead of single pack.

I mean, I still think low life is the most comfortable (had really good succes with ES recharge focus in 3.0 tbh). They did explain btw what their change was , and basically they changed a hidden modifier which reduced the effectiveness minions gained from flat added dmg. Now they just reduced their dmg slihgtly but gave back attack speed (except SRS), which means they still have the same dps, but have more effectiveness from added dmg. This didn't effect any spellcaster minions though, so any spectres using spells is unaffected, and otherwise it's always a buff (except rare cases like armor).

"

By far my strongest character last season was this build. With the auras and op gems Solars were crazy damage and like you said stacking ES recharge makes you tanky as hell.

yaaa, that's why I'm rewriting it again (even though it was still relevant, lots of people like seeing the guide be updated I believe). Also adding some other stuff and removing the cookie cutters because I don't think they really worked.
Great guide so far, keep up the good work!

Any ideas on league specific items that you plan to test out?

Also, I think the link to the low life gear/links is broken. I can't seem to click them.
"
Kazooii wrote:
Great guide so far, keep up the good work!

Any ideas on league specific items that you plan to test out?

Also, I think the link to the low life gear/links is broken. I can't seem to click them.

I'm planning to test out Aspect of the Avian and Aspect of the Spider. Both seem to have very solid use-cases for summoners.

On the low life stuff, I didn't (re-)complete that section yet and those aren't links but headers :P. Look forward to it soon, I've just been very busy with study.
No updates? Was expecting interesting reading )

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info