[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Thnx for the guide and thank you for all the people helping to make this build great work. I was wondering though, in the list of items the tukohama is listed as a possible shield. I was working around in POB to get this shield working, but I'm questioning myself more and more what the real benefits of this shield are?

- You get an extra totem to place (so can unskill AB for that purpose)
- your RF gets a damage boost

downside however:
- lower life than a rare of remorse
- we still have to skill BM for the maximum life nodes behind it (or am i wrong?)
- have to deal with resistances on other items
- the cost is HUGE

Is this shield worth to invest for a RF build?
"
Deadlyshine wrote:
Thnx for the guide and thank you for all the people helping to make this build great work. I was wondering though, in the list of items the tukohama is listed as a possible shield. I was working around in POB to get this shield working, but I'm questioning myself more and more what the real benefits of this shield are?

downside however:
- we still have to skill BM for the maximum life nodes behind it (or am i wrong?)
- the cost is HUGE

Is this shield worth to invest for a RF build?+

TOTALY worth
with soul mantle and shield y can place and one moment decoy totem + rf totem + scour ray totem + searing bound
and +40% demag

losing life from remorse to tukohom near 200hp+ but y have for this more totems and more demage

about cost
play game
make curense
take shield )))

Another question for your build 101zombi101:

in the guide its recommended to run totem life on jewels, while you run yourself no totem life, only maximum life for yourself. Is that worth to run? And once I will get tukohama, guess best way to solve the resistances is through the jewels?
"
Deadlyshine wrote:

in the guide its recommended to run totem life on jewels, while you run yourself no totem life, only maximum life for yourself. Is that worth to run? And once I will get tukohama, guess best way to solve the resistances is through the jewels?

i got 1 jewel fire damag + my life
two others jewel have only my llife and no fire demag or totem life
but this 2 jewel have a big resistant (need this res to take on gloves and belt chaos res)

jewel with life fire demage and many res cost toooo much
this way i take chip jewel witn no totem life or fire demag

Is that worth to run?

yes for me i lost fire damag but have chaos res
Last edited by 101zombi101 on Aug 16, 2017, 5:37:46 AM
"
Krygenic wrote:
Turns out i miss read the amulet when i bought it, this has been changed.
I've also got BM and just under 5K life now but i'm still dying often.
I've seen some people here are getting chaos res, is this why i'm dying often as i'm at -40%
Also i'm levelling leo to get the dot craft.

Thanks

With BM you only have almost 5k life at lvl 80? I'm lvl 88 with 6494 hp and 400 shield. Your gloves have only 27 life, belt 19, boots 22 and amulet 0 hp. Maybe update your gear for more flat HP? I farmed/crafted my gloves, belt (Vanguard belt for tons of armor) and boots. Amulet was 2 chaos:

For survivability, beside more flat hp on gear, I recommend getting Rumi's with as high block chance as you can get. Also, improve your other flasks. You need better "of Staunching" aka "Immunity/remove bleeding" flasks since it is very important to survivability. Check 1st page flasks guide. i.e flasks I am using at the moment:

If all that is not enough than I would recommend using Decoy totem. Just replace Burning Damage Support in SR gem setup for Decoy totem. While at it you can replace Efficacy Support gem as well for Faster Casting since we use now SR as debuff only and Faster Casting helps getting faster to maximum 8th stage of SR while at same time is helping with faster casting Decoy Totem. So its win-win.

And last, don't ever stand on one spot. Keep moving. You are not tank. Let your totems take agro, tank damage and be your projectile shield.
Last edited by Sidad on Aug 16, 2017, 7:27:56 AM
"
Deadlyshine wrote:

downside however:
- the cost is HUGE

It is a luxury item with QoL benefits and a decent mix of offence and defence.
However its far away from mandatory due to the price. I wouldn't buy another one for the 8ex+ pricetag on a build that i just use to start a league.

The extra totem is sweet, makes cycling in bossfights easier between different totems and increases the coverage while mapping greatly. Besides that a lioneyes remorse is better for defence (reliable 100% uptime armour, higher life and block) or for offence a 2nd sceptre is stronger.

So it's an item for people who like to play the build a long time and as their single character (or twinks later on).
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
"
Deadlyshine wrote:

Remorse doesn't have any resistance either. So regardless if you have Tukohama or Remorse shield you still get same issues regarding resistances.
Jewels are one way to solve that problem but good rolled gear is even better. Get your bottom line 91/90/90 than slowly upgrade your gear/jewels/passive tree.
I was wrong
Last edited by sindzy on Aug 16, 2017, 9:25:38 AM
After taking a few days break of the build i attempted all guardians and shaper with my really shitty gear :p

Killed all guardians and failed shaper due to misplacement of the balls. I shouldn't pop em in the spawning area of the adds :p phase 1 + 2 was easy, but that error broke my neck. Cant kill adds when the totems are degening on the vortex ground ;)

Happens after over 2 month not doing the encounter, but its still doable for sure :)

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAAN1BLMOPBDMEmkUIBRxFm8XHBo4HNwdFB8YIZAkqiW8Jy8o-iu2LKc1kjbpOtg64TwFPC09_EWdSsRN41BHUftTUlZIWGNY5VnzWiteXV8EXz9f0GZUZp5nm2hYaGVo8nF5cg9yqXaseGl8g337ggeCm4Nfg8yFe4nYjEaMz48aj0aQVZitmjua4J1jna6f36IAplenCKdtp5Ssqq2Nrj63PriTwxPDaMT2xq7G2M0Wz37R_deW2CTYvdl820_fv-DD4Njhc-Nq5FHqEOoY6-7sOO8O73zwH_JB8kXz3fZI9q73Mvhf-JP46_rS_gr-jw==?accountName=Milkyslice&characterName=MilkyHeringer

The gear is really bad, especially my jewels.

41c was the total cost of the gear, add a 5l prophecy for 24c on top if you want.

I don´t care about improving the char further, because he fulfilled his purpose (starting the league to unlock everything i want while saving currency).

Thing i would improve are the jewels, especially a 20% self-flagellation and 3 (useful) property jewels.
Then i would switch the granite flask with a rumi´s and add at least 30% chaos resist somewhere on the gear.

a 6link would help for the endgame encounters no doubt about that ;)

The scorching ray setup felt the best for me without triple totems. Stacks get up quickly and stay relatively long on the boss. The debuff is more important than damage from that skill ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 16, 2017, 9:03:25 AM
Does Elemental Equilibrium work with Orb of Storms as well?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info