[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

--
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 7, 2017, 2:08:44 PM
Thanks for this great build!
I start in league 2 days ago and with budget 10 chaos orbs i buy almost all your gear. Today i clear 10 act and after that already kill Atziri on 74 lvl.

Only one question, i have 4193 hp 334 es and 1154 mana. With this stats i can change MoM on Blood magic node? Or need more hp for this? Because some mobs with chaos damage one shot me on maps. I have -40% to chaos resist.
Does the decoy totem throw enduring cry if i link em and does that proc the berserker war cry passive?

Also, playing HC, isn't it better to go for stun immunity in berserker node 1st whilst leveling?

Thanks!
Last edited by TheLastWound on Aug 7, 2017, 2:35:07 PM
"
TheLastWound wrote:
Does the decoy totem throw enduring cry if i link em and does that proc the berserker war cry passive?

Also, playing HC, isn't it better to go for stun immunity in berserker node 1st whilst leveling?

Thanks!

Rite of ruin - only attack speed works, we never get a the on kill effects. (well very very rarely when orb of storms kills something :P). Its just the uberlab node for atkspeed which results in more mobility.

Soul of the Brine King basically makes you stun immune after receiving one stun (no stunlock).

"
Only one question, i have 4193 hp 334 es and 1154 mana. With this stats i can change MoM on Blood magic node? Or need more hp for this

you can always switch. MoM can be a bit clunky from time to time, BM is smoother with enduring cry for sure.

86 today

Not many changes today, havent played that much either. Currently unlocking all the t1-t9, having a good t8-9 mapbase now.

So i got Leo level 3, which allowed me to craft damage over time on my sceptre. Its now a baby Doryanis :D

I am playing pretty reckless, dont care much about gear upgrades and push content in my 'little' playtime. So dont expect too much change in my gear in the near future.

What i want to do next, which is easy to forget, is crafting better flasks. many don't even have quality yet. I also dont feel the need of a quicksilver anymore... shield charge is faster with it, but without it its fast enough for me after the uberlab points.

Jewels are another thing. Mainly shitty all resistance + singledmg mod things... need some work there also, but currently i don't feel the need in my maptiers.

I feel less of the spelltotem nerf than people would expect. Sure bosses take longer than in 2.6 due to their life increase, but besides that stuff dies quickly.

Still testing Mind over Matter. It works well with regular hits, even after reaching 0 mana i regen up fast enough to use my warcry again. The only issue are DoTs which counter the regeneration.
Better flasks could help there.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 7, 2017, 5:08:43 PM
"
Mr_Neocronic wrote:
I start in league 2 days ago and with budget 10 chaos orbs i buy almost all your gear. Today i clear 10 act and after that already kill Atziri on 74 lvl.

Only one question, i have 4193 hp 334 es and 1154 mana. With this stats i can change MoM on Blood magic node? Or need more hp for this? Because some mobs with chaos damage one shot me on maps. I have -40% to chaos resist.

Mr_Neocronic

read Milkyslice first post they say NO!!! add fire demage to spells

y use shield with add fire demage to spels this mean y elemental equilibrium dont work
"
101zombi101 wrote:
"
Mr_Neocronic wrote:

Mr_Neocronic

read Milkyslice first post they say NO!!! add fire demage to spells

y use shield with add fire demage to spels this mean y elemental equilibrium dont work

EE will only proc if you throw a mine. Ancestral bond makes it so you dont do damage, therefore you have to use loopholes to even proc EE. Long story short, damage on hit is not going to proc EE and thus the added fire doesn't make a difference.
Love the build so far, easy to get going and clears the game pretty reliably. Ended up clearing all 10 acts without dying until Act 10 Kitava. My only problem right now is map and boss survivability, feel like I've hit a wall. I am getting blown up by everything in Tier 11-13 maps. I have 4.5k health 500 ES and 700/1.1k mana (400 reserved for Purity of Fire).

I did a Precinct corrupted and got destroyed by the exiles. I eventually got them by kiting around but not after 5 deaths and was getting killed if any of the spectral throws made contact, and my totems basically got instantly killed by the blooddrinker exile. I literally couldn't get any damage in without me spamming totems. Anytime I got hit, basically half my mana disappears along with half my health and the flasks couldn't keep up.

Harbringers are in a similar boat, my totems die before they get any damage in and once they all go down, the monsters focus and rip me a new one.

I have the spire of totems and 2 totem life jewels, running soul mantle so I am not sure where to improve my damage at. I have no idea how people are making the tukohama shield work with blood magic, using all of that health just seems suicidal.

Other than that, impressed with the gameplay. My only gripe is that there is no real oomph to monsters taking damage or dying from the degen. They just burn until they fall down, not as exciting as say a crit build with screenshakes and such.
Last edited by Blood_Sail on Aug 7, 2017, 11:40:44 PM
hmm i mean i die from to to time also, but mainly because i play too cocky or underestimate new mob types (that kitava heralds with extra projectiles hit like a truck damn).

atm at 5400hp and 1k mana with clarity and, upgraded my flasks and i feel good against everything except maybe chaos damage (with -40% chaos res no wonder).

my totems basically never die except on some boss skills like malformation pietys red balls ;) But chaos dmg can shit on totems since they only got 20% chaos res, so that might be the case in some harbringer spawns. Usually they die quicker than they can deal dmg.

also your sceptre is shit

it got fire dmg with spells, ruining your Elemental Equilibrium which now buffs enemy resists! Instead of -50% fire restists they now have +25% fire resists which is a huge difference!

also i dont know why your shield has %evasion on it ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 8, 2017, 1:32:40 AM
Hi there!

Could you post a skilltree and explain all the other (item)changes when going for BM please?
If i got it right we could use the unique toten shield with BM?

BM plays smoother / easier so ill give it antry.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info