[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Enterich wrote:
Hi there!

Could you post a skilltree and explain all the other (item)changes when going for BM please?
If i got it right we could use the unique toten shield with BM?

BM plays smoother / easier so ill give it antry.

you can go BM anytime you reach the ironwood totem cluster. Just respecc mind over matter and pick BM instead.

Well that unique shield has the Bloodmagic property so it makes sense to pick up Bloodmagic as well for the 35% life for 4 points ;)

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
- Added a big fat note in the gear section (weapon) regarding added fire damage to spells

Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 8, 2017, 1:37:50 AM
"
Milkyslice wrote:
hmm i mean i die from to to time also, but mainly because i play too cocky or underestimate new mob types (that kitava heralds with extra projectiles hit like a truck damn).

atm at 5400hp and 1k mana with clarity and, upgraded my flasks and i feel good against everything except maybe chaos damage (with -40% chaos res no wonder).

my totems basically never die except on some boss skills like malformation pietys red balls ;) But chaos dmg can shit on totems since they only got 20% chaos res, so that might be the case in some harbringer spawns. Usually they die quicker than they can deal dmg.

also your sceptre is shit

it got fire dmg with spells, ruining your Elemental Equilibrium which now buffs enemy resists! Instead of -50% fire restists they now have +25% fire resists which is a huge difference!

also i dont know why your shield has %evasion on it ;)

I am not using ee. I literally have no gem slot room for activators. I am barely getting by as it is having to remove fort for golem. Lacking gem slots real bad.

As far as totem survival goes Yeah chaos really fucks the totems. Can't do canyon boss without trouble but even higher tier bosses, exiles; breaches especially they just die as soon as they go up. I mean I guess I just have to spam them, is that the normal strat in high tier maps?

As far as the shield,i bought it that way. Lol. it had the right resists and life. I will remove the craft when I get to the master level.
Then unspecc Ancestral Bond, skill EE and you get a dmg boost while using only orb of storms ;) -50% fire res is a ton.

Only had noticable trouble with choas dmg to totems in hall of the grandmaster.

So far i have no trouble with totem survivability, but i do more damage than you with EE and a 5link. Mobs die quicker and they cannot attack the totems that frequently.

just noticed the shield, ppl missclick sometimes :l

Hi Milky thanks for the awesome build. I have a question on my sceptre.

Regarding this:
"Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!! It will increase enemy resistances with Elemental Equilibrium! "

I found a sceptre with

40% Increase Elemental damage
38% Increased Spell Damage
Add 10-17 Fire Damage <------
12% Increased A.S
18% Increased Cast Speed

"Add 10-17 Fire Damage" is what you meant by "added fire damage for spells" right?
Last edited by Tambeh on Aug 8, 2017, 3:26:02 AM
"
Tambeh wrote:

Regarding this:
"Do NOT get any added fire damage for spells on you weapon or other gear!!! It will increase enemy resistances with Elemental Equilibrium! "

I found a sceptre with

12% Increased A.S
18% Increased Cast Speed

"Add 10-17 Fire Damage" is what you meant by "added fire damage for spells" right?

this mod only adds fire dmg to your attacks. It may happen that your shield charge/leap slam hits the mob increasing its fire res in result.
"
anone wrote:
"
Tambeh wrote:

Regarding this:

I found a sceptre with

12% Increased A.S
18% Increased Cast Speed

this mod only adds fire dmg to your attacks. It may happen that your shield charge/leap slam hits the mob increasing its fire res in result.

Thanks alot!
Can you say something about your atlas progression?
What maps to shape etc .

Maybe you have some hints for good layouts for our build.
Does Soulmantle really so good in this build?
I look on this build like budget and with more levels up - I more and more dont see reasons to play with Soulmantle
We spent a jewels slots, 2 rings slots for specific items that dont give much defense and what we have?
3rd totem? 7th gem link?
Its just give damage, but damage already ok, 2totems for fast clearspeed is enough. Only 50% totem life looks good.
And we have much lesser variants with another gear, so find another gear(gloves, helmet...) with good resists much harder.
We have a lot of curses on self -80%, but this 20% anyway cut our stats
We have shit body armor without life and resists, that give ES that we dont need.

Last edited by mylogin7 on Aug 8, 2017, 6:09:36 AM
Hello! Total noob here, first time playing after a looong time (and the first time i reached like lvl 40)

I would need some general advice on how to progress, what to invest for. would it be worth to buy a cheap mantle? also, will ancestral bond and EE work together if I use the orb of storm with the curse on hit? I think I should respec ancestral bond and skill EE, but I would lose 1 totem over 2 in that way.
Any other suggestions regarding the upgrades or the gem I'm using?
I have a budget of 7 chaos atm.
Thank you!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info