[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Pathological wrote:
I'm reasonably sure that you can put golem on your walk button, it only casts when you have force-stop pressed.

I posted this on the reddit thread, but it seems like leveling with RF totems is going to be painfully worse even if the endgame is fine. You can't access the more berserker mod until cruel lab at earliest, and while it's nice that the totems take 45% less damage... losing a large portion of your damage in early levels is no small thing.

The supports have been buffed but they are still low at that point, you have less multipliers in all cases, and the base damage has now been dropped effectively by 45%. That's insanely bad in early levels.. perhaps to the point where leveling pre-soul mantle is not worth doing at all?

I'm having a reasonably easy time leveling...it's kinda slow but it's not terrible. Bosses are pretty easy (but very active since I like to min/max (see my earlier post/rant)).

P.S. Thanks for the tip about golem on walk button, that should help me quite a bit.
Hi Milky, afaik you are playing this build as a starter and are going to test it in the late game, can we expect videos from you on how testing is going on, like major updates on the character?
"
prophets wrote:
Hi Milky, afaik you are playing this build as a starter and are going to test it in the late game, can we expect videos from you on how testing is going on, like major updates on the character?

yes for sure. I upload the act 4 playthrough and transtion into rf totem this night... and you can see some gameplay which should include the dmg nerf at that point. i am pretty sure its already in the beta.

In 3.0 i will do some videos of bossruns and the other stuff like i usually do almost every league ;) My goal will nothing less than shaper again and after that (including collecting currency) i have other buildplans like every league
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Planning to try this build but had a question. If I go with just soul mantle you can't use RF totem, searing bond and scorching Ray at the same time as that would be 3 totems right?
Is the RF totem even worth bothering with at this point? Pure SR totems would do good damage in a 6L and you don't need to bother with totem life anymore allowing for the stacking of cast speed. Plus they have to be recast/repositioned less often and their damage stacks. You can have 4 if you allocate Ancestral Bond again with your uniques.

Also your assumption of 8 stacks of SR in the reddit thread seems dubious at best with zero extra duration, little cast speed and Spell Totem cast speed penalty. Uless you use multiple of them. In which case bosses are very likely to leave the small RF totem area with Conc Effect active.

"
Brian9824 wrote:
Planning to try this build but had a question. If I go with just soul mantle you can't use RF totem, searing bond and scorching Ray at the same time as that would be 3 totems right?

ofc you can, with soul mantle you have 1 more addtional totem and SB dosn't count.
"
Brian9824 wrote:

searing bond counts as a extra totem on top of the regular limit.

Without anything you can place 1 totem + searing bond
with ancestral bond 2 totems + searing bond

and so on

"
Zed_ wrote:
Is the RF totem even worth bothering with at this point? Pure SR totems would do good damage in a 6L and you don't need to bother with totem life anymore allowing for the stacking of cast speed. Plus they have to be recast/repositioned less often and their damage stacks. You can have 4 if you allocate Ancestral Bond again with your uniques.

Also your assumption of 8 stacks of SR in the reddit thread seems dubious at best with zero extra duration, little cast speed and Spell Totem cast speed penalty. Uless you use multiple of them. In which case bosses are very likely to leave the small RF totem area with Conc Effect active.

i played with SR totems a bit and it felt horrible while mapping. others might feel different about it, but for me the "ai" was not satisfying.

I have to test the sr links live. in 2.6 i used it only on shaper, because it wasn´t worth it for most of the other stuff. sr + totem + duration + faster casting is also an option or variations of different things. Duration is probably needed to keep the debuff up once the totem goes down.

Currently i am waiting for the path of building update. It seems that totem life on jewels drops out of favour (its almost half as effective) and there is a new burning dmg roll with 16-20% dmg. It also helps to see the dps better since i don´t have to manually calculate the 5% less dmg we have to use for a proper baselife of the totems.

besides that, if you like SR totems play it ;)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
"
Brian9824 wrote:

searing bond counts as a extra totem on top of the regular limit.

Without anything you can place 1 totem + searing bond
with ancestral bond 2 totems + searing bond

and so on

Thx to both, didn't know that. Haven't made a totem build before so it's a bit new to me.

Tried to use PoB to see if doedre's scorn 3 curse would be better but if u say it's not up to date i'm not gonna bother :p

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info