[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
LaserPanther wrote:
"
Milkyslice wrote:

sure a 2l SR works out as well, its more about the debuff.

Many bosses dont care that much about decoy, its mainly uber izaro or daresso.

the thing is, with a berserk, you often taunt as well. But it decoy is really needed its not a big deal to sac some dps.
Guardians and shaper are taunt resistant/immune anyway.

Even on hardcore i would use soulmantle. Its just too good, sacrificing one item slot is not a huge deal.

i wouldnt use kikazaru + self-flagellation and remove curses with 1-2 flasks instead

That's kindof my point. Now that you're berserker you have to taunt for charges and it's lowering the effectiveness of the OP decoy totem. Decoy totem is still doing a LOT of work for guardians. Even if they intermittently run at you, you're still taking less damage and buying yourself time with the taunt.

As for curse removal flasks and soul mantle... can you really compare this to a chieftain with lightning coil, belly, brass dome, or even rare chest plus none of these: taking 10% increased damage, worse decoy totem, and no Arohongui? It is more damage for sure but just risky... some nullifier mob or something, idk.

Bleh...

i have a reddit link on the mainpage with some Path of building links, just toy around there, don´t have the time at this moment.

nullifier are not a problem, first you start without curses and then your totems have to die in the meantime if the flaskeffect is removed. very unlikely ;)

I will answer to some of the stuff later, kid first then poe ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
What are your thoughts on the build for HCSSF, it was going to be my starter but with the likely necessity of a highly linked soul mantle and decent jewels as well as taking the extra damage should i be looking somewhere else. love your effort into the build also.
Just woke up and saw the patch notes :/, props to you Milky on the quick math's about the new numbers and edit in the guide.
This world is an illusion, exile!
Totems for life!
Last edited by Mawwk on Aug 2, 2017, 9:13:26 AM
Thank you for the work on this build. I played the Chieftain version recently on beta and it went quite well so I will use it (the new Berserker version) as my 3.0 starter.

I have a minor request: If you have the time then please replace all references to the Rapid Decay Support gems with its new name Swift Affliction Support. Its current name on beta is Swift Demise Support but the patch notes state the rename to Swift Affliction :-)

Last edited by riverstomp on Aug 2, 2017, 9:26:07 AM
Righteous Fire now deals 20% less damage to enemies at all levels. You now deal 20% more spell damage while Righteous Fire is active with a level 1 Righteous Fire gem (down from 40% more spell damage), up to 39% more spell damage at gem level 20 (down from 58% more spell damage).

Summoned totems have 45% less life and take 45% less damage. This will impact life leeched from attacking enemy totems and the damage dealt by Righteous Fire totems.

gg wp)))00)000)) so now we are back at 400k dmg at max?
Last edited by GOLIYPIDR73 on Aug 2, 2017, 7:57:02 AM
atm i would have over 500k shaper dps on my 2.6 with a change to the berserker and gemswaps
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Aug 2, 2017, 10:17:00 AM
wanted post about the nerf earlier but then school commitments so couldn't login >~<

Tbh, i always wanted to go Berserker to try out MoM so it's kinda giving me an "incentive" (yay to more tankier totems?) but can't believe they went full drastic in nerfing totem life.. :v
So, with DPS/2 and monster HP*10, I guess this is really bad now?
I'm pretty sure the changes were already in the beta when I tested my char so I'll stick to this as my league starter...was wasting time testing Chieftain to try and get a more relaxed play style last night before ended up deciding that it was more worth to stay zerker.

My complaint of too many skills needing to be on hotbar is even higher now with the addition of scorching ray.

We have 8 spots available. Here is my setup:
1. Walk
2. Golem
3. Orb of Storms
4. Searing Bond
5. Shield Charge
6. RF Totem
7. Enduring Cry
8. Ice Trap / Lightning Trap

Adding Scorching Ray to the mix means removing one of the above...as far as I can see the only one viable to remove is the Golem so that's what I'm going to do since it stays alive fairly well except on bosses (which is where I would also actually need scorching ray T_T). I mean it would be possible to remove traps once I get more totems via soul mantle or shield, but I'm planning on rolling in HC and soul maintaining curse immunity all the time with flasks (would have to be a utility flask so that effect doesn't disappear after full life/mana) is one more thing to do...

None of the above complaints actually affect normal play during mapping period all that much, but it does make bossing a pain...especially if it's a hard boss where your utility flask charges run out before the boss is dead :(. I found this especially affected me before the mapping period while running through the main game.

TL DR: I don't like the addition of one more thing that has to be done when I'm already fully utilizing all of my slots to do things, but I'll still do it for now.
I'm reasonably sure that you can put golem on your walk button, it only casts when you have force-stop pressed.

I posted this on the reddit thread, but it seems like leveling with RF totems is going to be painfully worse even if the endgame is fine. You can't access the more berserker mod until cruel lab at earliest, and while it's nice that the totems take 45% less damage... losing a large portion of your damage in early levels is no small thing.

The supports have been buffed but they are still low at that point, you have less multipliers in all cases, and the base damage has now been dropped effectively by 45%. That's insanely bad in early levels.. perhaps to the point where leveling pre-soul mantle is not worth doing at all?
Last edited by Pathological on Aug 2, 2017, 1:33:02 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info