[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

damn, my lvl 78 HCL just died to 50 corpse explosion doing a zana mission :( I am gonna have to finish the build in standard.

really nice build milk. thanks.
"
boozee wrote:
damn, my lvl 78 HCL just died to 50 corpse explosion doing a zana mission :( I am gonna have to finish the build in standard.

really nice build milk. thanks.

Nothing can save you from that except better positioning :p
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I've been playing it HC as well, really loving it. Well rounded build and very informative guide; thanks for the all the hard work!
First, thank you for kind build guide.

I'm trying this build at 3.0beta now.
Which bandit reward is best in 3.0beta?
I picked 2 skill points in the beta, but basically all choices offer something good.

alira seems good for the earlier parts with MoM, but the flat 5mana regen dont seem that great later on (especially with BM :p). resists arent a big deal since we can use puritys until the gear is fine.

oak is reasonable. I like 2 points for an endurance charge more on a chieftain, but can be good on a berserker

kraityn grants speed for movementskills and the dodge is never bad.

personally i like the flexibility of 2 points the most

Do you think this build would work at all with Juggernaut? I've really enjoy Life based Jugg RF this league, and I'm planning to build toward that in 3.0, but want to start with something like your build to get myself there. Thoughts?
"
Jaggy123 wrote:
Do you think this build would work at all with Juggernaut? I've really enjoy Life based Jugg RF this league, and I'm planning to build toward that in 3.0, but want to start with something like your build to get myself there. Thoughts?

Sure you can do it, just needs like 8-12 respecc points for the totem nodes, depending how you path you life based rf dude. Basically scales with the same stuff like EO, EE, curses and damage/aoe nodes.

Playing this again in the 2 week HC and it's been a breeze to merciless. Dual wielding Daresso's Passions is insane.
https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/988f3369-4b68-4eb9-bc0e-edfce4c3c950
I see that ZiggD is running your build in the 2-week HC SSF race. Not sure if he has acknowledged that fact on his stream, but it's fun to see the build in action.

Thanks for all the work you put into documenting your build, and testing it in the FoO Beta.
So i was bored and out of ideas, i thought i might as well try the Mayhem 2 weeks even if i wasn't too excited about it. After searching a bit for random builds i found your guide and i had yet to try RF totems, i didn't expect much out of it at first glance but...

It went surprisingly well ! The guide is really well done, i really like how it's presented. It pretty much answered all i needed to know, while being really handy with the skill tree picture and the colored lines. I just kept that opened on my second monitor for the whole leveling and had nothing else to look for.

So, thank you very much for this. One of the best guides i've seen when it comes to how clear and effective it is, your presentation is awesome, straight to the point, practical yet detailled enough.

As for the build itself, it works better than expected and Soul Mantle is quite awesome for leveling. I spent a total of 4 chaos (Soul Mantle, Hrimnor, 2 Kikazaru) and with self-found trash tier on all other slots, leveling is about as easy as a fully twinked character. I can definitely see the potential in there considering i'm not even cursing/procing overload or having any link on searing bond, but everything melts already at 70.

That said, do you have any tips on how to improve overall clear speed ? The dps itself is great, aoe coverage is ok with 3 totems and survivability is fine, so that leaves the usual issue: totems themselves, and the lack of attack speed. I'm not sure how to solve that, best thing i could think about would be to give up the weapon elemental damage and just get a brightbeak, but even that wouldn't feel too exciting.

Usually playing pathfinders so, i just feel like a snail right now :D

Last edited by Axylxys on Jun 27, 2017, 8:59:50 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info