[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Breken wrote:
New RF gem on beta is 40% of life, down from 50%. Haven't had a chance to run numbers yet, but my gut tells me with the Burning damage gem increases we should still be decent.

Yes and Burning Damage Support only took a slight nerf so should be strong still.
sigh back to FB totem for SSF. shield charge/lolarcane gem basically screams for it.
Last edited by forthelulz123 on Jul 4, 2017, 12:32:14 AM
@forthelulz, regarding possibly going Scion- Guardian/Raider:
"
trading out raw ehp for a die roll that doesn't work for everything is not worth. you are not going to gain charges with only 10%, i rather you go for guardian/pathfinder and stick to the left side of the tree (templar starting area for strength nodes spire of stone). even then you are losing out on raw dmg a cheiftain/berserker brings which is significant clearspeed loss with buffed boss hp speedbump.

I'm not really concerned about keeping up Frenzy on a boss, what with Orb of Storms. It hits so often that the 10% chance should not really be a problem, unless they are highly mobile and just won't stay near the thing even with a decoy totem.

What I am more concerned about is keeping it up as I'm clearing. The whole point of it is to keep Onslaught up, and I'm not sure it's worth running Blood Rage to do it.

I'm giving it a shot in beta now, just to see how it "feels." Also, it's not too terrible to respec to a more traditional Guardian/Marauder class if it doesn't work out.
Trying it now on beta. Before, it feels good on a 2 link (RF + Spell Totem), now it feels very weak until you can attach Burning Damage at level 31. Don't recommend the switch over until level 31.
"
forthelulz123 wrote:
sigh back to FB totem for SSF. shield charge/lolarcane gem basically screams for it.

sure what you like more, but pizzasticks got a heavier nerf with the doubledipping changes. Still seems good for those who like it

@norc

Bloodrage doesnt work with rf totems. enemys needs to die from ignite, poison or bleed
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 4, 2017, 12:03:54 PM
"
IchiMorghulis wrote:
Trying it now on beta. Before, it feels good on a 2 link (RF + Spell Totem), now it feels very weak until you can attach Burning Damage at level 31. Don't recommend the switch over until level 31.

Could always trade for Ele Focus, seems to be fine as a 3l before you have access to burning damage.
I had definitely planned to play this build until yesterday rf nerf news... Is it still viable to the end game without soulmantle&tukohama setting? tyty
"
lukas1203 wrote:
I had definitely planned to play this build until yesterday rf nerf news... Is it still viable to the end game without soulmantle&tukohama setting? tyty

Yeah that was a really bad kick in the nuts.
It looks like the leveling is going to be way worse and 2.6 5L=3.0 6L with the new gem, damage wise.
"
lukas1203 wrote:

why shouldn´t it?

The beta wave 1 was ~60% more damage than its in 2.6.

With the current beta version it will still deal more damage than in 2.6.

I am just waiting for a Path of Building update for excact numbers
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Last edited by Milkyslice on Jul 5, 2017, 12:35:08 AM
Hey Milky,

Very well crafted guide. One of the bests for sure. Thanks for all the effort you put into this.

I am torn between blood magic and mana reservation. I know you aren't fan of mana reservation but I really think in hardcore maybe determination+arctic armour and vitality linked with a 4lvl enlighten could be more durable. What do you think?

And I really want to know what do you think for essence worm ring especially while using blood magic maybe socketed with determination in a heavy armor setup?

Thanks in advance.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info