[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

Just remembering: the elder portals are also scaryier because they can spawn Arc mages which dont give a shit about the chain pantheon upgrade (projectile only). Can be sketchy for any totem/minion build tho.
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
By the way I solve survivability problems when dropped shield (and Shield Charge) and went full offence with offhand dagger (and Whirling Blades). I lost ~500hp, but no one can catch me anymore. This extra hp are not really life-saving, ability to run away is. And extra DPS is better on bosses anyway. Was really good advice.
Rip, just died to yellow elder :D Something oneshotted me... Overall pretty smooth mapper / boss killer
"
fwd wrote:
By the way I solve survivability problems when dropped shield (and Shield Charge) and went full offence with offhand dagger (and Whirling Blades). I lost ~500hp, but no one can catch me anymore. This extra hp are not really life-saving, ability to run away is. And extra DPS is better on bosses anyway. Was really good advice.

also frees up movementspeed on boots which makes lvl 22 spelltotem shaper boots way more affordable (with good life and res) and a quicksilver flask.

210 hp and +15% block with a good chunk of armour on a lioneyes remorse is also pretty solid tho ;)

"
Milkyslice wrote:
210 hp and +15% block with a good chunk of armour on a lioneyes remorse is also pretty solid tho ;)

Actually I switched exactly from Lioneye's to dagger. I don't know, may be it's about me being slowpoke, but I was not fast enough with jumping away from danger with Shield Charge, and died a lot because of it. And there are a lot of things in the game which can jump on your head from nowhere. So despite having 500 hp less due to dropping Lioneye's (from 5300 HP to 4800, 450 ES) I'm dying much less now.

Another option is to have both good shield AND dagger... but Doryani's is SO good for high tier maps, and Brightbeak is not dagger either. So i'm pretty happy with my choice now, having 3/4 guardians down atm, will try Shaper soon. At least on T16 guardians I feel my ehp pool is good enough to not be one shotted.
Sadly daggers cannot roll fire/elemental dmg and only benefit SR with spelldmg. If it works for you, great!

For those interested i am currently 'leveling' (low 80s) a homebrewed RF Scion Slayer-Trickster focused on mf fast mapclearing and NOT bossing.

in here

https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAABAABeAl8DBAQHBg4J9gthDF8OXBQgFSAYVhkuGbQaOBp6HKcc3B8CJJ0nLyftKPotgzWSNsU62DrhPC09Xz38QYdEDUQlRX5FnUd-TLNN41BHUlNTUlOlVcZWSFhjXzlfP2DeYlplTWebaHRo8mr6fXWCm4LHg1-DzIPbhNmFMoV7ivCPGpBVlKCXlZitmjua4Jstn9-iAKQMpjKmV6cIqLutja4-r2ywq7Fbtz64k702vqfEWMSCxPbGrsbYyPDPftN-1HzYJNhN2L3ZYdpi4XPkUevu7DjvDu9673zwH_JF9kj2o_d9-ej-Cv6P_ro=?accountName=Milkyslice&characterName=MilkyBestiary

The Concept:

Using Inpulsas for better coverage in packs and extra dps against rare monsters.
Vessel of Vinktar shocks enemys and enables the explosions.
Those explosions leech 20% of the damage and doesnt end at full life (slayer subclass). I can literally run No-Regeneration maps with this.

Mind over matter is used to enable Divination Distillate for 22% IIQ and 5% max all res (flask effect). Probably running the flask effect jewel as well for a bit more IIQ.

Since the goal is to have no manaregen left with 99% of my mana reserved with puritys i need bloodmagic gems which lowers the singletarget dps (not a great bosskiller, but works out for normal maps).
RF drains my mana completely and the flask doesnt stop before the duration ends. On top it lowers the dmg on my lifepool a bit.

Trickster works great with the 50% recovery on my leech and life/manaregen, frenzy generation for faster shieldcharges and more rf/inpulsa dmg, powercharges help to trigger EO with shieldcharge and the manaregen with movementskills lowers the degen as well.

Slayer saves me 5 skillpoints with the alternative start, which grants me attackspeed for the mapclear and some accuracy for shieldcharge hits/crits.

The non ending leech is the main selling point, but 20% aoe and culling strike are nice on top of that.

I need not a single attribute on my gear to use any gem and most gear at my will thanks to the scion.

Skilltree: Basic outline is done. Grabbing the remaining lifenodes including the ranger start and jewelsockets.
Maybe i add the templar start as well since i wanna use Pure Talent which helps for inpulsas explosion dmg (and the regen isnt bad either).

Other Stuff: I plan to use pure talent for aoe movementspeed, attributes and probably penetration. Should help with the clearspeed overall.

My gear is pretty bad in some slots.

The Ventors Gambles are very good with positive resists/IIR, max IIQ and good liferolls.

Inpulsas also has decent life and max explosion dmg. dunno if the shock effect affects Vinktars

The amulet was crafted by myself in like 150 alterations (life/resist), but i wanna replace it with a 10% IIQ amulet.

After that i wanna add Goldwyrm (once i got more lifenodes) and then fix the missing resists on the shieldslot, preferable a +2 max fire res elder shield with life ;)

Belt is fine with the dual flask property (which i aimed for) and i like the gloves as well. Could use a sadimas, but that would fuck with EE on shieldcharge.

My jewels are really bad, didnt care about them yet... just some blue ones i found in my stash or for 2 alch on poetrade.

The weapon should be replaced over time with a rare shaper sceptre that has high attackspeed and elemental/area dmg mainly.
Alternatively a brightbeak. wanna maximize the clearspeed, IIQ and dps over time.

Oh and i got a abyss jewel with cold dmg to attacks for EE with shieldcharge, which lowers the resists for faster rf degen and explosions with extra dmg ;)

Flasks

Got all the good flasknodes for high flask substain.

Vessel of Vinktar for the leech and explosion enable as well as extra dmg for RF and the explosions.

Witchfire Brew for the curse, evasion% (mainly evasion gear) and some dmg. dont need a blasphemy curse with that.

Divination Distillate for the max res, iiq and iir

Ruby flask for the fire res ofc

Quicksilver for the shieldcharge speed

My flasks obviously need some quality here and there and a better witchfire is something i want

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 26, 2018, 12:44:59 PM
added a link to my buildlist thread at the bottom of the guide where i will post (worthy at least) some homebrew builds.

Currently only the RF MF Scion which just got a new 10% IIQ amulet and a new shield ;)

Wanted to add two leveling weapons to the guide later this day:

The Dark Seer with good life/mana (mom), up to 72% dmg and global blind for oos

Supreme Truth for 50% dmg, up to 20% atkspeed (shield charge) and the xp bonus.

Both are pretty good choices up to the point where dmg isn't really needed on the weapon (brightbeak) or when you can swap to a doryanis or equally good rare weapon.

both are 1 alch to 1 chaos weapons, depending on the rolls and could be even used until shaper ;)

Especially Dark Seer is underrated, specifically for HC. 90 life and mana with lvl 90 on a weapon slot is pretty solid and the global blind stacks great with shaper blind gloves.

The only downside is that it has no attackspeed attached and thus the mobility isn't the greatest

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 27, 2018, 3:00:16 AM
Hey man. Thanks for the build. Killed shaper today and doing some reworks now. Was gonna ask should i buy a gloves with blind support. I dont know how much they should cost with proper hp and resists. Wanted to ask that and can u check my gear too . Ty a lot.

going to get some ench for helm and boots
"
Reasd21 wrote:
Hey man. Thanks for the build. Killed shaper today and doing some reworks now. Was gonna ask should i buy a gloves with blind support. I dont know how much they should cost with proper hp and resists. Wanted to ask that and can u check my gear too . Ty a lot.

going to get some ench for helm and boots

I would definetly check for a near perfect hrimnor's resolve since they are pretty cheap.

Some blessed orbs on the kikazarus (or buying other ones) for 29 or 30% lightning res first and then you can check for blind gloves (lower resist requirements).

So if anything is in a state where you wouldn't change the slots, check for gloves that fit to your requirements.

If you just need 10% fire and 20% cold res, just search for blind + those res. Either you craft life on it or find some with good life values.

On the other side you can check for some that barely don't fit your requirements and upgrade the belt or shield ;)

Helm, chest, rings, weapon are set in stone.

Boots are something you could use with suboptimal stats just for the spelltotem support (but yours are good). Set in stone as well.

The rest of the gear can be pretty flexible and you just need to squeeze out as much life (and maybe mana) as possible while barely hitting the resist overcap.

Its also not wrong to fix a few % resist via jewels. Didn't count up your resists, but using some Stygian belt with dual resist and life with a jewel for life + all res would basically be the same as your belt, but it can be a bit more flexible if you dont need three high resist rolls.

I've had to retire my RF totemer as I needed funds for my second character (Which is kind of fun but not that good for the investment - non crit flat fire/immolate stacking quill rain tornado shot deadeye).

I did hit regen on my boots on my second lab run shortly beforehand though, you will be annoyed to hear!

And totally unrelated to RF, had a rather lucky run of corruptions on my new guy...

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info