[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

"
Also I would like to ask why not to use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Thief%27s_Torment ? It gives 50% reduced Effect of Curses on You.

Thief's torment you can only wear 1 ring so 50% reduced vs 80% with dual Kikazaru's
"
Makek93 wrote:

Is there something I could add to that 6th socket which is not linked to support that spell totem? Also I would like to ask why not to use https://pathofexile.gamepedia.com/Thief%27s_Torment ? It gives 50% reduced Effect of Curses on You.

maybe read thiefs torment again ;)

You could add a golem, decoy totem or warcry in that remaining slot. Most of thr useful one off gems are red tho.

I just used the remaining socket to level a gem and as a gemswap slot (concentrated effect in my case)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
i really like you build its fast to clear and fun to play

im trying to go for RF on self cast with SR totems as you wrote , with HP its ok with golem and fire aura but my problem is mana , did you take some other nodes or respec when you did try to go for RF ? or just from regen by casting totems ?
build has nice dmg but sometimes would be nice to have some more dmg + 5 totems
"
Greennight wrote:
i really like you build its fast to clear and fun to play

im trying to go for RF on self cast with SR totems as you wrote , with HP its ok with golem and fire aura but my problem is mana , did you take some other nodes or respec when you did try to go for RF ? or just from regen by casting totems ?
build has nice dmg but sometimes would be nice to have some more dmg + 5 totems

You might have misunderstood something. The build is NOT designed to run selfcast RF. It IS possible to turn on selfcast RF for extra singletarget dps on shaper or guardian with no harmful mapmods to toy around with it.

The reason it can work is the high regen from the totems coupled with the 40% mom to counter the degen, but the build has too low life to deal significant selfcast rf dps nor enough regen to counter the harming mapmods.

Besides that i would say the dps is more than enough, got over 1.1 mio shaper dps without RF already. Thats pretty good for a noncrit build that has good substain i would argue ;)

While were at it, i theorycrafted around selfcast RF with Inpulsas Broken Heart + Vinktars Ascendant. I know there are a handful rf builds based around obliteration wands, inpulsas, occultist explosions etc... would be a bit different take on it with hopefully great clearspeed (and a whole different tree from what i've seen).

The core idea is to have Vinktars up most of the time for the shock 'aura', enemys killed explode, i leech 20% of the lightning dmg as life and that over the maximum with the slayer subclass.

As a 2nd class either pathfinder (saves a lot of points and better vinktar uptime) or Trickster which has the great recovery and frenzy on kill.

Since i wanna run MoM for Divination Distillate i am worried that trickster would result in too much manaregen (the goal is to be at 0 mana with Distillate and ruby flask up...).

Gear wise i am not sure yet. There are some options:

- IIQ route with ventors, sentaris answer, goldwyrm, biscos leash etc

- Hidden potential route with mainly blue items

- rare/unique mix with opal rings, shaper/elder items and stuff like that.

Since the goal is to map quickly with it and NOT bossing i dont care about any t16 bosses and so on. Got a great bosskiller in this guide already and a solid mapper, just wanna try out the inpulsa-vinktar-leech interaction for a hopefully very quick mapper.

For singletarget (red beasts, mapbosses etc) i would go for SR or Dark Pact, not sure yet. Would need a Bloodmagic gem for that if i go the 'all the time 0mana MoM' route tho

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 22, 2018, 3:28:18 AM
Hey again! im lvl 62 now, you reckon i should buy the chest plus the 2 curse resist rings or do you think its too soon? i got money for it

Thanks
"
Amatsu666 wrote:
Hey again! im lvl 62 now, you reckon i should buy the chest plus the 2 curse resist rings or do you think its too soon? i got money for it

Thanks

"
Milkyslice wrote:
A bit Offtopic:

I am going insane with those shaper orbs. was moving elder influence for 2 hours and it got cut 3 times... it will take forever until my first uber elder try :x

In the meantime i wanted to level something else inbetween to push elder around.

Was planning a 5x Might of the Meek Abyss Varunastra Ascendant... but holy shit the budget would be high :x Didn't excpect that the meeks cost 50-70c each, then varunastra for like 100c, 2x abyssslot gloves, helmet and boots, abyss belt and chest ofc, a pure talent and then of course 10x abyss jewels (at least flexible with weapondmg types) which cost at least 20c each. Then a shaper statstick and remaining rares rings/amu on top

Will probably scrap that project, got only 12 ex and 100c left atm and will need a few chaos to buy maps for elder influence spreading.

But i also think about playing some caustic arrow trickster or... idk, there is currently nothing which excites me besides 'my' build since i played most stuff already

Ah that usual - don't know what to play next dilemma!
I've been toying with a slightly odd quill rain + immolate + stacking fire damage deadeye. Use Effigon amulet and a bit of blind on hit chance to get can't be evaded and fire pen everywhere. Life gain on hit either from the bleed node, or a thief's torment (Definitely thief for levelling).
Thanks for the guide man, got all i need, sorry hehe :D
Last edited by Amatsu666 on Mar 22, 2018, 2:13:04 PM
What's up with Atziri's Reflection? Is it even in the game? I've been searching it and the prophecy on poe.trade and poe.ninja for a few days now and have yet to see it.
"
Hiwashi wrote:
What's up with Atziri's Reflection? Is it even in the game? I've been searching it and the prophecy on poe.trade and poe.ninja for a few days now and have yet to see it.

its just rarer than a mirror, just pretend that it doesnt exist

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info