[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

I just finished Act4, lvl 38 with shitty gear found on the ground, dual SR totems on 3L and one SB totem. I dont remember any build with such smooth leveling experience. It just melts everything in seconds, while still being safe and fast, just pop totems and go. Second build this league but could definitely be first, since no investment was needed at all so far.
"
lakyljuk wrote:
I just finished Act4, lvl 38 with shitty gear found on the ground, dual SR totems on 3L and one SB totem. I dont remember any build with such smooth leveling experience. It just melts everything in seconds, while still being safe and fast, just pop totems and go. Second build this league but could definitely be first, since no investment was needed at all so far.

then be surprised when you use a 4l soulmantle at lvl 49 with RF socketed. Its the equivalent of using a lvl 20 spell at that level ;)
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
I just wanted to say how much I enjoy this build and appreciate the time you took to post it up. I have played 6 characters since 3.0 , never seen Shaper or even made it past t10 maps. There was always some issue with a build that wouldn't scale or allow me to progress. I just want to make it to the damn end-game right? Anyways, so far Im feeling the most synergy ever with this build. It was well thought out and the playstyle I really dig. While the dps numbers in-game seem low for lvl 65, Im literally melting everything as fast as I can go with about 40% move speed right now. im using Xbox primarily cause POE is my way of chilling on the couch on the big screen as well.

Congrats on an awesome build guide! im having a blast and hope to make it to Shaper and Elder finally. Already got soulmantle and the rings on and dont even notice curses. Just gotta work on my Rare pieces with resists for the final act and beyond.

--Blaze

I hope it works out for ya on the xbox, totem positioning is a big 'skillcheck' how efficient you can be with the build and idk how easy or hard it is on the xbox.

meaning searing bond placement behind a boss, rf totems in the middle of the packs or between you and enemys if they are charging etc.
At least Scorching Ray totems dont give a fuck and it might feel better in the long run with a controller... idk ;)

Progress wise for me, i just 6linked a Soul Mantle in around 100 fusings, including another 5link i sold before. So thats pretty good for the endgame dps.

Tomorrow i will most likely run a few more maps for extra atlas competions and check if i find a belt upgrade OR run more uberlabs... i really want that 2% regen enchant on my boots, its pretty huge :(
Maybe some minor stuff like a random glove enchant, pantheon upgrades etc on top.
Also wanna level some supportgems to at least lvl 18 which i 20% earlier

After that i will buy all guardian maps and run em + shaper to have fresh videos for the guide.

Uber Elder is my goal on the build ofc, but that still seems to be further away and quite a grind to even encounter it.

Uber Atziri is something i will run again this league as well, but i am not in a hurry for that.

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 15, 2018, 4:14:13 PM
Nice guide and build I like it a lot, thanks for making it.
Last edited by Makek93 on Mar 15, 2018, 5:02:37 PM
Hello Milky, its me again.. Why do you use shield charge as movement skill? even i have cast 4 totem for full atk speed, Shield charge still so slow... I would rather run on foot and use quicksilver flask...
Any better movement gem can you suggest for me?
"
nqtuan92 wrote:
Hello Milky, its me again.. Why do you use shield charge as movement skill? even i have cast 4 totem for full atk speed, Shield charge still so slow... I would rather run on foot and use quicksilver flask...
Any better movement gem can you suggest for me?

well i use a silver + quicksilver flask and its acceptable. Lightning warp is definetly faster

Hey Milky, have to say I am loving the build, just got vaults shaped and going to attempt a guardian soon. Just wondering about shield choices. In the original character section you have a spell power shield with %fire dmg, but then you suggest an armour shield later on, and appear to be using an armour one this league as well. Do you switch based on the situation or is armour the way to go?

Thanks! And thanks for all the effort you put into this.
A bit offtopic:

I am pretty hooked to this build atm which is pretty unusual for me. Normally i have 3 builds ready to play after this one, but not this time. I am theorycrafting a lot, but there is nothing fancy to play atm (which i haven't played yet).

Probably has something to do with the mostly underwhelming new uniques. Asenaths Chant and Malachais Awakening look at least a bit promising. On the flipside, i can forget about anything with a good helm enchant for that.

Just thinking about Asenaths chant, might be pretty cool on some caustic arrow build for auto ED casts or some BV-Decay setup.

For those who don't know about what i'm talking its a fated helmet with "25% chance to Trigger a Socketed Spell when you Attack with a Bow" and an internal cooldown of like 250ms. Too unreliable for coc-like shenanigans, but perfectly fine for dots or utility you dont need all the time.

well first i need to slay uber-elder before other projects ;)

"
trace07 wrote:
Hey Milky, have to say I am loving the build, just got vaults shaped and going to attempt a guardian soon. Just wondering about shield choices. In the original character section you have a spell power shield with %fire dmg, but then you suggest an armour shield later on, and appear to be using an armour one this league as well. Do you switch based on the situation or is armour the way to go?

Thanks! And thanks for all the effort you put into this.

If you play SC and don't care about defence that much a firedmg shield is nice to have. I mean most don't give a shit for xp after ~lvl 90.

For HC or if you wanna push higher a fat life/armour/block shield is way safer. But for pushing lvl 100 there are honestly faster builds available that can fully benefit from Headhunter etc like some. Autobomber.

The middleway would be a armour/es shield which can roll elemental damage and decent armour, the ele roll is just lower than the firedmg roll on a es shield.

For the endgame bosses physical dmg isn't a big thing except for minotaur or chimera. But even in those cases (or some shaper bitchslap) you don't wanna tank those bigger hits in the first place. There is no reason to stay in minos falling rocks, his burrow attack or facetank his melee attacks on a totem build that can kite a around with heatseeking Scorching Rays :p

The armour works best against low/medium dmg hits that are rapid which means trashmobs.

A dps shield won't be noticable against trash, doesnt matter if mobs die in 0.2sec or 0.19sec.

If you wanna minmax for specific content, a defensive shield for mapping and offensive for t16+ bosses would be the way to go in my opinion. In the end it depends on your goals and playstyle. If you feel squishy or feel you have not enough dps... you know what to do ;)

Last edited by Milkyslice on Mar 16, 2018, 7:16:28 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info