[3.6] Milky's Scorching Ray Totems (updating process)

What are your suggestions for uniques for leveling ? (The gear u wanted to mention earlier but didn't because it was early league)
Last edited by sasori962009 on Sep 1, 2017, 12:46:55 AM
"
Gaarashatan1 wrote:
i uh, am kind of confused on this build with overload and EE.

so like, orb of lightning for overlord procs, and use icetrap and vaal lightning before laying down a rf totem for ee?

is it impossible to proc ee if u have ancestral bond? how do you use RF without losing a ton of health?

sry for being so nooby, can someone explain

1. this is how it works. Its not necassary to constantly throw traps besides on bosses or it would feel pretty bad. EE is mainly used to boost the singletarget dmg.

2. with ancestral bond you can only debeff ee via traps, mines and totems, since we cannot deal dmg ourself. ee con only procc when a HIT deals dmg, this excludes our fire dealing damage over time effects.

3. we equip righteous fire to a spelltotem, the whole reason for this build. we do NOT use rf with our characte
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi-NL9JevOxF-6W3n-a7o-w

My Youtube channel with builds, unique and mechanic discussions etc
Greetings,

I really appreciate the guide and have been having a ton of fun with it on Xbox so far (although targeting on Xbox sucks atm but I'm working with it).

Edit: nevermind found that section of the guide, missed the fact it went more than one post.
Last edited by AcePhoenyx on Sep 1, 2017, 11:23:56 AM
"
AcePhoenyx wrote:
Greetings,

I really appreciate the guide and have been having a ton of fun with it on Xbox so far (although targeting on Xbox sucks atm but I'm working with it).

Edit: nevermind found that section of the guide, missed the fact it went more than one post.

targeting seems to suck with almost any build on xbone :x

Hi Milky I have been looking into running this build for awhile and I have the currency to get it going. My question is about Scion. U mentioned in your scion variant section that Scion is mainly for group and party play with the added benefit of being curse immune. However my question is would it be viable to run a guardian and chieftain scion? A guy named Megumin3 made a guide with the same concept and from what i understand it would do similar damage to chieftain(and less than zerker) but have curse immunity(so no need to overcap res) and similar QoL to Chieftain. Am I wrong? I'd love to hear you advice on the matter and thank you for the reply in advance :)
Hmm probably a dumb question... wouldn't herald of ash work well on this build???
"
SpectroRush wrote:
Hmm probably a dumb question... wouldn't herald of ash work well on this build???

The build runs blood magic... impossible to reserve mana ... also if u spec out of blood magic that is a huge life loss
"
maxtothemax6 wrote:
"
SpectroRush wrote:

The build runs blood magic... impossible to reserve mana ... also if u spec out of blood magic that is a huge life loss

not only that, Herald of ash does absolutely nothing. The burning dmg part is ONLY related to the overkilldmg of the herald

Last edited by Milkyslice on Sep 2, 2017, 1:26:50 PM
So woudld you recomend the Scion mix>? or The Pure beserker or chieftain? I have since looked into a few other posts and stuff and the biggest advantage seems to be the curse immunity otherwise it seems that scion dps is actually lower by as much as 40% and the life pool is similar which makes me think its may not be worth it.
"
maxtothemax6 wrote:
So woudld you recomend the Scion mix>? or The Pure beserker or chieftain? I have since looked into a few other posts and stuff and the biggest advantage seems to be the curse immunity otherwise it seems that scion dps is actually lower by as much as 40% and the life pool is similar which makes me think its may not be worth it.

i haven´t forget you, just had not much time to respond ;)

scion guardian/chieftain is fine. the Chieftain subclass is boring and doesnt bring much to the table, but the alternate start is good on this one. For scion only speaks the curse "immunity" which also reduces incoming dmg from the remaining 20% curseeffect of the other classes. Besides that there is nothing special about her except the guardian/necro combo for the unique party support.

Chieftain has nothing exciting anymore since the degen of rf is heavily reduced in 3.0. The fire immune totems were the selling point. The debuff of his totems and regen/totem placement speed are nice, but other classes have similar benefits as well.

Berserker on the other side deals the most damage and has his powerful warcrys which outperforms chieftains/scions regen and long term survivability. He is only more prone to oneshots compared to the other classes (10% more incoming dmg vs less dmg of enemys aura vs less curse effect and some minor buffs). Endurance charges are up all the time like on the chieftain if we heal with enduring cry.
He also has less issues with no regeneration maps since the warcry can still heal a good chunk.

I recommend the berserker for the substain and damage, one shots which are his weakness got heavily nerfed and are not a big deal on a passive build in my opinion.

For scion i would go for guardian/necro, skill/gear a bit different for dual/triple curse... like 2 curse on hit, one blasphemy + determination for excample and have a higher impact in partys while still being able to do anything solo

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info