Lightning Golem Crescendo ♫ All Content / HC Focused / Not Casual-Friendly

Thx for the build :D tryed it out at harbringer got my first shaper kill now :D was abit to easy
and a did vaal my shav so i got +1 sockets <3 and is my first test as a golem player . and now trying to get a 21 golem but no luck so far:/
"
Bobrage wrote:
Thx for the build :D tryed it out at harbringer got my first shaper kill now :D was abit to easy
and a did vaal my shav so i got +1 sockets <3 and is my first test as a golem player . and now trying to get a 21 golem but no luck so far:/

You hit the +1 on your Shav's... with a single Vaal Orb? Pretty sure the odds are like <10% :O Daaaang (yo)

You might just wanna buy the gem and save time if you've already got all your other gear set.

Anyway, grats on beating Shaper! And the +1! :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
HHC Update:
Ripped at 95 against Uber Atziri ><

Did a few deathless runs in Standard for practice beforehand, so I thought it would be fine. Ran into a bit of misfortune though against a poorly spaced Storm Call (or well spaced from Atziri's view I suppose).

Oh well, pretty satisfied overall with how the league went. Was my first time trying endgame in HC and got most of my goals done. My only regret is not getting 36 challenges out of the way before attempting Uber Atziri (overconfidence kills :P)

Anyway, gonna take a break from POE until the next one. Thanks to everyone who took an interest in the build and who offered kind words of encouragement. See you next league! :)

P.S.
Added a few new videos:

Shaper HC Run
Memories of HC Harbinger (some highlights)
Semi-budget Shaper Test Run (LVL 20 5-Link)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Appreciate ya work. Gonna have a crack at this in harbinger.

Is there a secret reason you were wearing rise of the phoenix when you died? or just movement speed for clear?

I wanted to import your toon to PoB but im just not sure about the shield haha

edit: i figured it out, it was for atziri lul. RIP :(
Last edited by Jethryn on Oct 1, 2017, 8:49:18 PM
"
Jethryn wrote:
Appreciate ya work. Gonna have a crack at this in harbinger.

Is there a secret reason you were wearing rise of the phoenix when you died? or just movement speed for clear?

I wanted to import your toon to PoB but im just not sure about the shield haha

edit: i figured it out, it was for atziri lul. RIP :(

Yep :P

Here's the POB Pastebin for my normal setup prior to ripping:
https://pastebin.com/nGeF2KsM
(also in the Passive Tree section of the guide)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Last edited by tomatopotato on Oct 2, 2017, 12:16:04 PM
Hello. I have budget to buy new body armour (atm using just tabula rasa). I am level 70 soon 75.
What is worth to buy?

Shav is expensive at the moment, so maybe The Covenant Spidersilk Robe? How does it work?
Or maybe just Rare Armor with Hight es/res?
So uhhhh

I think I'm going about this all the wrong way.

Since I had "enough" currency from previous characters when starting this, I wound up buying two Primordial Might Jewels (one for Anima) one level before I could even equip a golem.

Was that a bad thing to do? ^^;

also: How in the world did you / do you expect us to be able to dualwield Clayshapers at lv 41 without having all of the tree over to where we pick up the strength nodes?!

I'm only able to equip it as I am now by using one of the +30 nodes top-right in the tree; I figure trying to find and equip rare gloves that would be stat+ enough before reaching the optimal levels to do so (lv 65+? 72?) is a pointless endeavor.

So far leveling is wild but fun, and I haven't even bothered to get any "proper" flasks outside of 2 health & 3 quicksilver. I even forgot I was on the golemancer and started a Catarina lv8 daily mission, which then the golems were able to complete - at char level 52, over 20 levels under. So... I guess that means I can go do cruel lab now hahaha!
"
ILYILY wrote:
Hello. I have budget to buy new body armour (atm using just tabula rasa). I am level 70 soon 75.
What is worth to buy?

Shav is expensive at the moment, so maybe The Covenant Spidersilk Robe? How does it work?
Or maybe just Rare Armor with Hight es/res?

Hey there. It looks like you're playing softcore (your profile is set to private so I'm not 100% sure). For SC, you don't need/want Shav's. You can play with whatever armor base/style you like. Shav's is only for HC to protect against occasional chaos spikes (i.e. inside rippy maps or Uber Atziri/Alluring Abyss trash mobs).

"
Your armor upgrade path should look like this:

LVL 50ish and under
+ Tabula (if you can afford it)
+ basic 4L/5L (if you're poor)

LVL 50-60
+ Tabula (or...)
+ basic 5L (farm for one if you need; should be <5c)

LVL 60-75
+ Tabula (or...)
+ cheap corrupted 6L
++ doesn't need to be 5B1R
++ 4B and 2G or 1R1G is fine
++ fill off-color slots with GMP and/or Pierce if needed

LVL 75+
+ grind for a 6L of your choice
++ Shav's if HC
++ Covenant/rare regalia/etc if SC

Hope that helps :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
"
ChronoSquare wrote:
So uhhhh

I think I'm going about this all the wrong way.

Since I had "enough" currency from previous characters when starting this, I wound up buying two Primordial Might Jewels (one for Anima) one level before I could even equip a golem.

Was that a bad thing to do? ^^;

also: How in the world did you / do you expect us to be able to dualwield Clayshapers at lv 41 without having all of the tree over to where we pick up the strength nodes?!

I'm only able to equip it as I am now by using one of the +30 nodes top-right in the tree; I figure trying to find and equip rare gloves that would be stat+ enough before reaching the optimal levels to do so (lv 65+? 72?) is a pointless endeavor.

So far leveling is wild but fun, and I haven't even bothered to get any "proper" flasks outside of 2 health & 3 quicksilver. I even forgot I was on the golemancer and started a Catarina lv8 daily mission, which then the golems were able to complete - at char level 52, over 20 levels under. So... I guess that means I can go do cruel lab now hahaha!

Nah, you're fine. I like preparing gear ahead of time before I'm able to equip as well. :P

For STR, I tend to pick up the +30 node(s) and/or use Heavy Belts until I'm ready to transition into a good Crystal Belt.

Glad you're having fun with golems :)
⚡ Lightning Golems:
/1902593
⛄ Ice Golems:
/1914382
Speaking of preparing...

so in looking around the tree, I PoB'd something pretty stupid and was wondering about your weigh-in.

As it turns out, boots can be corrupted with a Haste aura implicit. Your trees go right by two aura nodes, and there's the vaal pact one (also near another ES/evasion node). IF all of those are taken; IF a level 4 enlighten gem is used; it is possible to run Wrath, Discipline, Arctic Armor, AND the lv 14 Haste with 5% leftover unreserved mana.

However, to do this, is an xtremely late-level thing to do - with the nodes that are otherwise skipped, I come up to lv 98 for that "finished" theory to work, and only if the jewel slot at the far left behind armor passives is given up.

So, then, the actual question here is:
What *IS* a Primordial Harmony jewel worth to us? How much does one more jewel improve the golems/the build? Would giving up one be worth it for stacking both Wrath and Haste, together? (Of course they can be easily accommodated more normally, however at the survivability of Arctic Armor).

Juuuust a thought I had, thought I'd ask. (I thought of it bc I looked at a tree from a different golem build post I had open, and also bc I still need more harmonies but would have to start converting more chaos :P)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info