LavaBurst

"
I have done some calculation and review your crit tree for Oro's, I think the damage is pretty close to my current RT build: http://poeurl.com/bkaw, unless I invest some serious crit gear on it.

I think this is almost the highest damage we can get out of oro's (I got already a max rolled oro), the way we should go crit is like you, getting a decent crit sword!

can you send pob codes that you are talking about cause when i go RT i have like 3 times less damage than crit. Diamond Flask also also further buffs all your crit damage investment in boss fights, so the gap between crit / non crit gets wider.

i just uploaded a pob code screenshot where i have 460k'ish effective projectile damage with oro's sacrifice.

pob code of this build: https://pastebin.com/aefBwnG9

of course, it's no secret, i use exceptionally good rings on this build, but remember i killed shaper with 330k effective dps on first video, i upgraded my dps 25% today(+2 more frenzy charges, +1 jewel, forces of nature 6%pen instead of proj damage nodes at ranger start)

such dps is raelly crazy for oro's, it's thanks to frenzy charges generation ability of oros and molten strike + conc + berserker's crazy dps buffer subclass nodes. 7

please check this video, i think this is a nice showcase of capabilities of oro's.

https://youtu.be/z87jlZDacds?t=77
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 26, 2017, 4:36:57 PM
For a non flicker Oro build it is pretty good. In terms of 'budget' cost effectiveness compared to the already well known BLS version of molten strike, the cost is arguable when comparing DPS of the Molten Strike balls in legacy league. 2 BLS cost the same as a Kaom's Heart (2x30c/60c). And a 6L half decent astral plate with Life and some good res rolls can cost probably a bit more than the 6L Oro's itself depending, but I'd wager with around 4-5ex for either the 6L Oro's or a 6L astral with life/res and even a bit of strength. Xoph's Blood for BLS is still pretty pricey at 100c atm, but at least comparing that to your amulet which is absurdly powerful and worth much more, well it's a skewed argument. Not everyone can get the jewelry you got.

That being said, still very impressive nonetheless considering you're doing a crit variant of it and blood magic to boot just to inflate the HP really high. There's really not many auras a BLS or Oro's Molten Strike build can use anyway even if we include Blasphemy+Flammability or Herald of Ash.

So basically an actual "budget" variant of this I would like to see (maybe 3ex total budget to get just about everything, a 5L oro's, Kaom's heart, helmet with +2 MS proj), etc.

I will have to replace my Fire Penetration to a Slower Projectiles gem, it provides such a decent DPS increase for the magma balls. But if you can toss in a Flammability and an Ancestral Protector (for the attack speed bonus), it would make the overall dps go higher and close the gap to a BLS build.
Last edited by reciprocate on May 26, 2017, 6:32:12 PM
"
Rupenus wrote:
"
I have done some calculation and review your crit tree for Oro's, I think the damage is pretty close to my current RT build: http://poeurl.com/bkaw, unless I invest some serious crit gear on it.

I think this is almost the highest damage we can get out of oro's (I got already a max rolled oro), the way we should go crit is like you, getting a decent crit sword!

can you send pob codes that you are talking about cause when i go RT i have like 3 times less damage than crit. Diamond Flask also also further buffs all your crit damage investment in boss fights, so the gap between crit / non crit gets wider.

i just uploaded a pob code screenshot where i have 460k'ish effective projectile damage with oro's sacrifice.

of course, it's no secret, i use exceptionally good rings on this build, but remember i killed shaper with 330k effective dps on first video, i upgraded my dps 25% today(+2 more frenzy charges, +1 jewel, forces of nature 6%pen instead of proj damage nodes at ranger start)

such dps is raelly crazy for oro's, it's thanks to frenzy charges generation ability of oros and molten strike + conc + berserker's crazy dps buffer subclass nodes. 7

please check this video, i think this is a nice showcase of capabilities of oro's.

http://poeurl.com/bkaw

This is my current gear and build for RT, of course I don't have nice gear for crit, if I do I would have bit higher DPS maybe like 30%, but the difference between crit and RT for Oro isn't too big since it is not a good crit weapon anyway.
"
chestercho wrote:
"
Rupenus wrote:
"

http://poeurl.com/bkaw

This is my current gear and build for RT, of course I don't have nice gear for crit, if I do I would have bit higher DPS maybe like 30%, but the difference between crit and RT for Oro isn't too big since it is not a good crit weapon anyway.

Wrecking Ball node is worthless for an Oro build as Oro has no phys damage, you're better off getting Berserking node in it's place (2% more attack speed and costs only 3 points compared to 4 from getting Wrecking ball). But I do agree with the sentiment that Oro isn't a good crit weapon, a person would have to go pretty far out of their way to make it effective there. It can be done, but it requires some very heavy investment into crit passives and jewels.
Last edited by reciprocate on May 26, 2017, 6:39:01 PM
"

unfortunately things don't go like that.

i have 380(using a non legacy amulet to make things fair) crit multi, if i give up chaos resistance on my gear i can even use maligaros, that would make it 416.

but let's take 380 crit multi,

i have almost 50%(49.4%) crit chance,

if i had 100% crit chance my damage would be be x 3.8% times higher. (thats a very rough estimation but lets keep going)

so with 50% crit chance i have 1.9% times higher approximate damage than i normally have.

with diamond flask i have almost 70% crit chance,

that makes 380 crit multi x 0.7 = %266

so basically i have x2.66 better damage from crit investment. (roughly)

i have 11 nodes invested on crit nodes(Heartseeker(3) + assasination(3) + lethal blade(5)) + lets say i spend additional 5 points to take those passives(you visit templar area you spend points to get there too but lets completely ignore it) total 16.

also there are no good suffixes on amulets that you can benefit as RT build, also there are way more jewel mods for crit based builds.

trust me you can't get 2.66 times higher X-Y damage(that would make you have same dps that i have) especially when you are using oros(which doesnt have much passive nodes to scale damage)

from 16 nodes investment +1 gem slot(instead of critical strikes).

i choose to get crit nodes because everything else besides penetration and criitical investment, doesnt buff oro's sacrifice much. more damage multipliers multiply other more damage modifiers... thats the way to scale good dps. you have non-linear but logarithmic increasee of damage therefore.

50% more and 50% more is not 100% more, its 125% more. penetration is a more modifier, so is crit multi. stack them.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 26, 2017, 6:51:53 PM
"
reciprocate wrote:

Wrecking Ball node is worthless for an Oro build as Oro has no phys damage, you're better off getting Berserking node in it's place (2% more attack speed and costs only 3 points compared to 4 from getting Wrecking ball). But I do agree with the sentiment that Oro isn't a good crit weapon, a person would have to go pretty far out of their way to make it effective there. It can be done, but it requires some very heavy investment into crit passives and jewels.

Oh, it did not show the Fireborn jewel, I should have included a full pob code, I will make it when I back home.
"
Rupenus wrote:

"

unfortunately things don't go like that.

i have 380(using a non legacy amulet to make things fair) crit multi, if i give up chaos resistance on my gear i can even use maligaros, that would make it 416.

but let's take 380 crit multi,

i have almost 50%(49.4%) crit chance,

if i had 100% crit chance my damage would be be x 3.8% times higher. (thats a very rough estimation but lets keep going)

so with 50% crit chance i have 1.9% times higher approximate damage than i normally have.

with diamond flask i have almost 70% crit chance,

that makes 380 crit multi x 0.7 = %266

so basically i have x2.66 better damage from crit investment. (roughly)

i have 11 nodes invested on crit nodes(Heartseeker(3) + assasination(3) + lethal blade(5)) + lets say i spend additional 5 points to take those passives(you visit templar area you spend points to get there too but lets completely ignore it) total 16.

also there are no good suffixes on amulets that you can benefit as RT build, also there are way more jewel mods for crit based builds.

trust me you can't get 2.66 times higher X-Y damage(that would make you have same dps that i have) especially when you are using oros(which doesnt have much passive nodes to scale damage)

from 16 nodes investment +1 gem slot(instead of critical strikes).

i choose to get crit nodes because everything else besides penetration and criitical investment, doesnt buff oro's sacrifice much. more damage multipliers multiply more damage... thats the way to scale good dps. you have non-linear but logarithmic increasee of damage therefore.

I will try to make a shopping list to see if I can gather some proper equipment, since it is a lot to invest to change from RT to crit build.
"
I will try to make a shopping list to see if I can gather some proper equipment, since it is a lot to invest to change from RT to crit build.

life + fire damage + some resists + wed if possible.

people dont put high price tags on T1 / T2 added fire damage modded rings with high life roll(yet)

because the meta was all about ES, life items can be found for cheap.

so they are really cheap to get.

consider getting one prismatic ring with good resists too, if you have resistance problems.

as amulet keep using xoph's blood. it's op anyway. broken. : )
Last edited by Rupenus on May 26, 2017, 6:59:51 PM
"
chestercho wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

Oh, it did not show the Fireborn jewel, I should have included a full pob code, I will make it when I back home.

Ah OK, I stand corrected. Tried putting that gem for my BLS MS zerker's PoB compared to the rare jewel he got there, sadly it's a dps downgrade, but for an Oro's build it's very useful to have Fireborn at that spot.
"
reciprocate wrote:
"
chestercho wrote:
"
reciprocate wrote:

Ah OK, I stand corrected. Tried putting that gem for my BLS MS zerker's PoB compared to the rare jewel he got there, sadly it's a dps downgrade, but for an Oro's build it's very useful to have Fireborn at that spot.

it is!

that's a tree that i made for a guy who wanted to use this build as RT variant at first page:

Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAECAFb62WHdRl4TjbmcxAd1jX3NmBiR9zKiQDfU_W5vJ49gBS3ApmOneu-kwiKv4594-YIHeHohVT38QzE6UtIhft2HavObvTYY2_T4HOcZiozPXz-pJxo-3D3ZfO8OhMUUIN-_vJ_2SE2SAdE4U3TtI_Z253asDjyv68M6vqfawZu1FHFHfnTxWGOplDB8jX6QbPIvYVLl5oTZZ6DrFODDoSKbJuoYz37Tb0a3KjgRgX8r208lvCLqFHXo1kCg6mJoZe9OUEftP4d2UUe3ItQjVw2Nv3fXBbXyQZcGrY3G2HzZxKKE7yFghmBqHkp9ZU0=

let me know what improvements can be made if there is any you see. oh, needless to say, in duelist area there has to be a fireborn jewel.

i think, i'll try to kill shaper with RT variant too. deathless if possible.
Last edited by Rupenus on May 26, 2017, 7:04:06 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info