Energy Shield and Life

They knew it was coming and still rage lmao.
- I am a loot whore
"
TenTonBlue wrote:
"
matt29234 wrote:
how are you actually this clueless about balancing your own game? absolutely pathetic.

How are you this clueless about the state of the game that you claim to know so much about? absolutely pathetic.

hmm look at my character page compared to yours i think that speaks for itself yes?
"
bhavv wrote:

Why do people keep kissing GGG's *** no matter how fucked up their changes to the game are?

ignore that guy, hes a troll, hes been spam posting the same reply too
"
"Guys, if you want build diversity just let 99% of players play the same thing. I mean, are you stupid?"

What's funny is that with these changes you get more diverse builds, because ES will be forced to play differently than life characters (since you're unable to leech ES AFAIK now and you have to depend on its regen).Right now most builds are "Just get damage,ES and facetank with leech brooooo".
"
stardustjenny wrote:
nice fail.

everybody who did not have 25k energy-shield will have an unusable character.

This...
"
matt29234 wrote:

hmm look at my character page compared to yours i think that speaks for itself yes?

nah dont go there dude, he literally denies the fact that he cant get higher lv and is stuck on low level maps.
"
JeanKB wrote:
"
KailJoric wrote:
Moral of the story is.... why don't Devs EVER simply just bump up the other powers to bring them more in line with the stated "OP" problem?

I mean seriously, the ONLY reason to not Buff everything else is because the Devs lack the ability to create content that remains challenging, so with all games, the Devs stick to the time honored tradition, despite the tradition hasn't worked once yet, of simply NERFing a skill/power/ability into the ground making it useless.

I simply wish that one, just one, gaming company would steer completely clear of NERFS. Their lame, nobody really likes them, those that do usually don't even use or bother with the thing that was NERFED and nobody really wins because it just drives paying/supportive players from the game.

Yeah, "very old school gamer" but doesn't even know what powercreep is. You're probably just a salty 12yo.

The reason why no dev won't do what you say is because almost nobody in the industry is dumb enough to think like you.

If GGG did as you say, we would be now playing with 900k HP characters that deal billions of damage per second, and bosses would need to have trillions of health to not be one-shotted.

Wow, you either didn't read anything I said except for "I'm very old school" and then ignored everything else I said. Your response tells me you are part of the problem with the gaming industry. You don't get your way so you swing to the most absurd end of the spectrum to attempt to defend your side without any reasons or facts behind it.

900k Health, really? How would that be balanced then? The entire point of my post was that Developers should try to balance by moving things up in line with the OP skill. I didn't say they couldn't adjust back down if the content gets to easy, but then kiddos today, most likely you included, want everything to be easy, want everything handed to them.

I am an old school gamer, cut my teeth on games most "gamers" today wouldn't even try let alone finish or beat. I enjoy a solid challenge in a game, but I detest the concept of Devs destroying a class or an ability or a skill simply because a group or crowd cries about it on the forums.

Notice nowhere in my post did I say that ES didn't need to be brought back in line, but honestly how many of the people who play PoE actually run the high end-game content? 20-30% maybe??? I know people who have played PoE from the Beta days who still haven't fought some of the end bosses. Guys who are decent players and solid gamers, so that tells me that for the most part getting to the end game content isn't just a walk in the park. It tells me that there is room for bringing up some of the skills and abilities.

You say you think I'm probably just a salty 12 yo, that's funny because if you had actually read my post you'd realize I didn't once say that ES shouldn't have been lowered. I simply stated a fact about the gaming industry. Nerfing things is the lazy/easy way out and doesn't add longevity to a game ever. One last piece of advice, don't get involved in a battle of wits and intelligence when you're clearly unarmed.
"
Erecpyle wrote:

What's funny is that with these changes you get more diverse builds, because ES will be forced to play differently than life characters (since you're unable to leech ES AFAIK now and you have to depend on its regen).Right now most builds are "Just get damage,ES and facetank with leech brooooo".

what, you literally killed all the leech builds, which is more than half of the es builds
regen build is literally ed or bust
im not sure if you actually tried.
Last nerf of ES/VP I left the game one year.
fkxLegacySpectral : lvl 97 Raider ST HowA [Legacy]
fkxBreachSlayer : lvl 95 Slayer Blade Flurry [Breach]
fkxCrockett : lvl 94 Saboteur Ice Trap [Perendus]
fkxRampage : lvl 94 Witch Fireball [Rampage]
fkxShadow : lvl 95 Shadow FP/CI [open beta]
Last edited by fkxShadow on May 18, 2017, 12:43:26 AM
"
who said?
maybe thats your idea

If ES=Life we'd have equipment that instead of Armor or Evasion would have life too.ES was always supposed to be a secondary defense like Armor/Eva UNLESS you invested heavily into it + CI.Also CI characters have the advantage of using 5 utility flasks while life builds need AT LEAST 1 (most of the time 2) flask slots for life flasks.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info