Energy Shield and Life

From U Idiots of "Nerfing Gear Games" I dont expect less than U but just
nerfing the players!!!!!!!

A good alternative was to buff the life-gained pro Level.
An easy Idea would have been to buff the life/Level. (12 now/ to 13)
Just one_life/level means 100 life flat for a Level 100 Char.

U, damn Chris Wilson, who never experienced your own game in
engame just have a look at the statistics => and pick just a redicilous
ES_Chars! (with 25k ES). THAT IS NOT the most players have !!!!!!

=> JUST BUFF the Life_based_Chars for more life on Level, to match the
CI_Chars!!
Even witch 25k (whoever reached this high amount), will die on other
things; life_based_Chars can handle.....

If U (dont wanna be here so rude) guys from NGG ("Nerfing Gear Games")
wont stop that shitty "NERFING"; I will quit this game!

THIS IS RIDICILOUS!
P.S.: for Example: 'Dismantle' reached a LIFE_Pool of 14k with legacy
'Kaom's Heart'. AND HE DID die a lot of time (at least in the hall of
grandmasters due to the poison damage). Understood?
My InGameName: Aui
Last edited by Aui on May 19, 2017, 4:35:52 PM
"
Ashriel wrote:
"
bhavv wrote:

15k max ES cap, and 10k max life cap would be a good idea.

Implementing caps is a terrible idea as it directly constrains the way we play. Even diminishing returns (like the recent AoE changes) are detrimental to the purpose of this game and what it has always stood for: playing however you want, in whatever crazy ways you want, by maximizing whatever you please to suit whatever you think is the most fun or effective. GGG is losing sight of these things and becoming more like Blizzard with their "play the game the way we want you to" mindset.
absolutely agree.
Life need some more love and monster/boss damage should be nerfed.

One shot removed from game
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
So yet once again your idea of balance is to screw the poor bastard who has spent months of non-rmt playing and has finally gotten his build to work halfway decent.

I bet this going to have a great effect on that guy who 'magically' has enough currency to make a 25k es build with good dps.

I'm sure this approach will work this time.

I mean it never has before in the literally hundreds of times you've tried it - but this is going to be the one I can just tell.

Try to be the person your dog thinks you are.
This is gonna get lost in the thread but I 100% agree with this nerf. CI-VP-GR was absolutely dumb. I think average Tier 1 builds usually had around 12k ES and without having the CI-VP-GR, I think that's alright. Figure they don't have the armor or leech that a life build would have, and most life builds can take over end-game content given the mechanics of the fights are understood and you arent just standing there trying to facetank everything.
Let's be constructive: Some questions to GGG, I hope someone reads this,
despite all the -expected I guess - rage comments.

- I am a casual player, who still wants to reach T15 and one day get to face the shaper or whatever new content is added, but over the years I noticed that no matter the adjustments made either I implement a "niche" build posted by a fellow player who found a crack in the system or I'm stuck. We end up with very little viable builds for end game content

Question 1, on the principle of this change: Is not balance about making it possible to appreciate end game content with a more various pool of builds rather than destroying those standing out?

- ES builds could indeed take bigger hits but at the cost of suffering from status ailments, stun, and by losing any possibiliy to benefit from a life potion. Except maybe for people who could not only get their hands on a 900 ES body armor AND 6 - link it, most of us could only stretch it out to 7-9K-ich, with all the downsides that come from playing ES. Equivalent gear would bring these figures to a standard life build but with many cons.

Question 2: As the appeal of ES pool is brought down by the 1% of our community (trust hard gamers to find the crack and make broken builds whatever the nerfs you do :D ) would the penalties from going ES be as proportionaly reduced as the benefits?

Building a viable melee shadow has always been a chalenge:
- Limitted access to block or physical damage mitigation mechanics available
- Limitted capability to achieve a decent life pool, and going hybrid gets to inherit from poor life pool cons (status ailments and stun) without a sustainability mechanism that could apply to both HP and ES hence going CI: Few to none HP regen, combining life on hit + leech doesn't scale to end game...

Question 3: Given that double dips are removed not mentioning previous nerf to crits which significantly limits the capability to perform higher damages than other classes which justified the glass canon concept, and given that defenses are now even lower compared to duelists or marauders, can we expect a significant buff of any kind to make our beloved previously glass-made now paper made canon worth playing?
Last edited by Crapito on May 19, 2017, 5:11:32 PM
"
AlteraxPoe wrote:
So yet once again your idea of balance is to screw the poor bastard who has spent months of non-rmt playing and has finally gotten his build to work halfway decent.

I bet this going to have a great effect on that guy who 'magically' has enough currency to make a 25k es build with good dps.

I'm sure this approach will work this time.

I mean it never has before in the literally hundreds of times you've tried it - but this is going to be the one I can just tell.

They aren't killing off ES. You will just have to play more cautiously like us budget life players have to.
It should be fairly obvious by now, that GGG just wants people to spend time thinking up new builds and playing them. One-shot game mechanics are in diametric opposition to grinding and RNG gear based progression. There is virtually no reason to care about defense if you have to manually avoid things, and player skill doesn't matter if one-shots are avoidable by most players.

GGG, your game mechanics and progression are absolutely aweful. Most people play this game to be rich, have the best gear and the highest 'scores'. Because of this, your game community is toxic and people can't be bothered to even play together. If you completely did away with grouping, most people wouldn't even notice.

If you didn't design the stash to be so small and useless by default, I doubt you'd even have the money to continue developing this game. Honestly, I hope more people come to their senses about F2P games. They're never good for the community.
I just hate that life and ES seem to be becoming completely the same. I can't understand why they cant just be two completely different beasts. A large energy shield pool is not a problem, you could even increase it a bit and not have any problems with it being overpowered, if the main mechanism of replenishing ES was kept distinct as recharge. Get rid of ZO and GR and make the recharge mechanic more attractive (with more skills on the tree altering it's functionality in unique ways) and you have two different but equally good mechanisms of playing.

Instead, ES and life become more and more like each other in every way. That is what brought us to this point in the first place. And instead of fixing that, ggg decided to double down on that and make them even more similar. Just terrible...
Last edited by ParadoxiEvia on May 19, 2017, 5:08:14 PM
"
Crapito wrote:
Let's be constructive: Some questions to GGG, I hope someone reads this,
despite all the -expected I guess - rage comments.

- I am a casual player, who still wants to reach T15 and one day get to face the shaper or whatever new content is added, but over the years I noticed that no matter the adjustments made either I implement a "niche" build posted by a fellow player who found a crack in the system or I'm stuck. We end up with very little viable builds for end game content

Question 1, on the principle of this change: Is not balance about making it possible to appreciate end game content with a more various pool of builds rather than destroying those standing out?

- ES builds could indeed take bigger hits but at the cost of suffering from status ailments, stun, and by losing any possibiliy to benefit from a life potion. Except maybe for people who could not only get their hands on a 900 ES body armor AND 6 - link it, most of us could only stretch it out to 7-9K-ich, with all the downsides that come from playing ES. Equivalent gear would bring these figures to a standard life build but with many cons.

Question 2: As the appeal of ES pool is brought down by the 1% of our community (trust hard gamers to find the crack and make broken builds whatever the nerfs you do :D ) would the penalties from going ES be as proportionaly reduced as the benefits?

Building a viable melee shadow has always been a chalenge:
- Limitted access to block or physical damage mitigation mechanics available
- Limitted capability to achieve a decent life pool, and going hybrid gets to inherit from poor life pool cons (status ailments and stun) without a sustainability mechanism that could apply to both HP and ES hence going CI: Few to none HP regen, combining life on hit + leech doesn't scale to end game...

Question 3: Given that double dips are removed not mentioning previous nerf to crits which significantly limits the capability to perform higher damages than other classes which justified the glass canon concept, and given that defenses are now even lower compared to duelists or marauders, can we expect a significant buff of any kind to make our beloved previously glass-made now paper made canon worth playing?

With CI build you can get rid of life flask and get other ultility flasks (basalt, for example, 20% physical reduction, huge comparing to armor which reduces less and less physical damg when takes bigger hits) and there are many flask nodes in ES areas like alchemist which increase effect of flask, you can even run a vaal disc instead of taking life flask, don't you? flasks also can remove ailment, when ascendancy node avatar of the veil appear, raider ES builds don't even need to care about ele ailment, stun can be negated by kiara's deter or just take kaom's boots (eye of chayula), unwavering stance and lose some shield
with 6k hp, i still can bring down t16s (guardians and vaal) with proper gears (quite cheap and only 5 link) and not facetanking all shit(phoenix discharge), and no retarded mods
Last edited by vutuan372 on May 19, 2017, 5:50:13 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info