Changes to the Labyrinth

Just coming back to this game after a longgg time (I quit because how much I hate Lab and the thought of doing it 4 times on every character makes me want to kill myself) and super disappointing to see this is still a core part of the game.

Why do you FORCE us to do it? You didn't lock off cosmetic effects or minor enchantments, you blocked off 8 overpowered skill points... So no, it's not optional and I fucking hate it.

I want to come back and make a new build, but the thought of doing Lab even a single time makes me vomit a little.

Why can't you guys just make it fucking truly optional so those of us that despise it never have to think of it again and those that enjoy it can play it all day if they want? Seems so fucking simple to most of us...

I was planning on making a character in the new league, but then I'd have to do Lab so I guess I'll just stick to standard and the characters I already have.
Last edited by Vaalamity on Dec 16, 2017, 8:35:56 PM
Lab feel better now, but making shorter would fix more issue. Just make it shorter or less rooms.
Necropolis master craft service Necropolis My IGN TreeOfDead
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2037371 Vouch
Necropolis veiled crafting all service all crafts mods
Necropolis SC master craft service Necropolis SC craft mod!
Veiled crafting Service Necropolis craft PM: TreeOfDead
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

You may also gain access to later Labyrinths at different levels to what is currently the case, so we'll be trying to ensure that the Labyrinth areas line up with the expected levels of the players running them.

...and possibility to "overlevel" and run this stupid shit much more easily ... is gone

and I wonder why amI IK-ed running mercilles at 85lvl ;)
"
Ctun wrote:
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

You may also gain access to later Labyrinths at different levels to what is currently the case, so we'll be trying to ensure that the Labyrinth areas line up with the expected levels of the players running them.

...and possibility to "overlevel" and run this stupid shit much more easily ... is gone

What are you talking about? You still can overlevel it.
"
Vaalamity wrote:
(...) I was planning on making a character in the new league, but then I'd have to do Lab so I guess I'll just stick to standard and the characters I already have.

Standard league doesn't have Labyrinth?

---

feedback

I have moderately enjoyed the Normal and Cruel labs so far. I do think they are a bit long. I wanted to do the side areas and became frustrated because I wanted to go to bed, and didn't expect it to be so long.

Consider perhaps adding waypoints at 33% and 66% for example. Dying would send you back to the previous waypoint, or the start. But you would be able to complete the labyrinth in different game sessions.

For me this would be more enjoyable and I'd want to do the side areas. I liked the idea of finding a key to the chest. But in Cruel I had an hour before bed, and this thing just dragged on... Didn't want to restart, and so I experienced the very thing I dislike in many MMOs: when the game makes you feel like you have to stay logged in. I think the beauty of this genre (ARPGs) is that you can play 5 min, 50 min, or 5 hours or more. Designing content that needs to be completed in one run that takes more than half an hour imho goes against the grain.
Laby is totally boring and unhealthy, no light no see on screen

You really get to reform ascendancy way. Much more as Hack 'n Slash than as Platform game played in the Dark...

#ForeverNoob
"
AsbelFar wrote:
"
Ctun wrote:
"
NickK_GGG wrote:

What are you talking about? You still can overlevel it.

Obviously, what he means is that when completing act 5 and act 10 minus 30 is permanently applied to character resistances. Previously it was associated with the area that the character was playing in. So true that you can still over level the "stupid shit" but over leveling in much less effective.

-----------------
DeF46 and katzo, thank you for voicing your opinions on the hated labyrinth. I've added your names to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 960 names long. That includes 120 or 121 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 360 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 950 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
Last edited by Turtledove on Jan 9, 2018, 2:37:07 PM
"Damn, I hate lab. It's the most annoying part of the game by a huge margin. The part that bugs me isn't Izaro or the bit about having to start over if you die even though the lab is long. The part that isn't fun and frustrates me are those traps that screw you over. Moving around traps like that is cool for Crash Bandicoot but just isn't meant for a top-down game where you click to move. That's just my take although I've heard many others say that the traps are the factor that makes it not fun."

Bye Bye GGG

I´d like to paste from another thread I´ve written in today:

"
Second played season here.
I quitted my first frustrated because with my caster build (running at least T13 not smoothly but satisfactory enough for my noobish needs) Izaro was undoable.
Altough besides trading I generally don´t party at all I humiliated myself to pay for a carry - just to be left behind because my former PC was too slow to follow the group.

To make it clear:
I didn´t touch the game since Breach although besides I really loved it and spent every free minute with. I finally did it today with my present toon, but the view to further replays tastes really bitter.

I don´t mind if my build fails in the maps - best spur to change it further and optimize it. But to fail in something mandatory but so mismatching the rest of the gameplay is really frustrating.

Last edited by Querne on Jan 9, 2018, 5:45:40 PM
Thoon4u and Querne, thank you for voicing your opinions on the hated labyrinth. I've added your names to players voicing similar opinions to the list now at 962 names long. That includes 122 or 123 names from just this thread alone! As the list grows longer our voice grows stronger. Over 360 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 960 posters in support
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info