Changes to the Labyrinth

"
Fruz wrote:

I agree that quest rewards are pointless now, but ascendancy points are something that need to be earned, not just granted for free, no to free power creep.

What does it mean, "they have to be earned"? Ascendancy points are needed for anyone to complete their build, otherwise it is just gimping yourself. It is like gating ALL skill points that we get from quests right now behind lab, and saying the same crap "these skill points have to be EARNED, too much power creep!" Of course you CAN play and map without ascending, just like you can play without extra skill points from quests, but you would be at a clear disadvantage, since the game is DESIGNED with the player having all their skill points and ascendancies available.

You know what is optional? Doing shaper, atziri and uber atziri, guardians and high level maps since ALL of their drops can be purchased from other players.
Are there alternatives to lab in terms of ascendancies? Can you buy the points from other players? No.

I have several characters, did uber with most, and have at least one with whom I can pretty much faceroll uber itzaro and the lab with whatever layout and get all keys. I still hate it, and don't farm it even though I could get a decent return from it. It is longer than any map, has mechanics that are there to slow you down on purpouse (traps), and yet provides only one try. Gets even more fun when you take connection issues into consideration. This is absurd.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
Fruz wrote:

I agree that quest rewards are pointless now, but ascendancy points are something that need to be earned, not just granted for free, no to free power creep.

What does it mean, "they have to be earned"? Ascendancy points are needed for anyone to complete their build, otherwise it is just gimping yourself. It is like gating ALL skill points that we get from quests right now behind lab, and saying the same crap "these skill points have to be EARNED, too much power creep!" Of course you CAN play and map without ascending, just like you can play without extra skill points from quests, but you would be at a clear disadvantage, since the game is DESIGNED with the player having all their skill points and ascendancies available.

You know what is optional? Doing shaper, atziri and uber atziri, guardians and high level maps since ALL of their drops can be purchased from other players.
Are there alternatives to lab in terms of ascendancies? Can you buy the points from other players? No.

I have several characters, did uber with most, and have at least one with whom I can pretty much faceroll uber itzaro and the lab with whatever layout and get all keys. I still hate it, and don't farm it even though I could get a decent return from it. It is longer than any map, has mechanics that are there to slow you down on purpouse (traps), and yet provides only one try. Gets even more fun when you take connection issues into consideration. This is absurd.

MECHanokl, thank you for voicing your opinion on the hated labyrinth. I've added you to the list of people that have voiced a similar opinion, 879 account names, 103 names added from this thread alone. As the list grows longer our voice regarding the hated labyrinth grows louder.
Over 320 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 870 posters in support

Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
Turtledove wrote:

MECHanokl, thank you for voicing your opinion on the hated labyrinth. I've added you to the list of people that have voiced a similar opinion, 879 account names, 103 names added from this thread alone. As the list grows longer our voice regarding the hated labyrinth grows louder.

Man you must hate lab even more that I do if you go through the trouble of actually noting this stuff down. What can I say, I salute you for your proactive approach.
Lab is still complete and utter shit - a crossy-road blade car mechanic that has no place in an ARPG HC game or hiding character progression.

The only people I see defend it primarily are SC players. In SC who gives a shit if your frogger dies to a network hiccup blade-car.

Most people don't enjoy it, they just deal with and get it over with.
I'm the Ps guy: Psomm, Pso, Psong, pso-on and pso-phorth.
"
MECHanokl wrote:
"
Turtledove wrote:

Man you must hate lab even more that I do if you go through the trouble of actually noting this stuff down. What can I say, I salute you for your proactive approach.

We are a much larger insignificant, unimportant, unwanted minority than GGG wants to admit.
WELL I LOVE THE LABYRINTH, it gives a psuedo hard-core challenge to the softcore league and actually represents a CHALLENGE and gives a guaranteed non-randomised reward (ascendancy points) for beating that challenge. The best part of POE are those moments that make your heart pound and your hands shake! The first time I beat uber Izaro solo was extremely rewarding and satisfying, and still is with each new character.
"
Psomm wrote:
Lab is still complete and utter shit - a crossy-road blade car mechanic that has no place in an ARPG HC game or hiding character progression.

The only people I see defend it primarily are SC players. In SC who gives a shit if your frogger dies to a network hiccup blade-car.

Most people don't enjoy it, they just deal with and get it over with.

Psomm, thank you for voicing your opinion on the complete and utter shit labyrinth. I've added you to the list of people that have voiced a similar opinion, 882 account names, 104 names added from this thread alone. As the list grows longer our voice regarding the complete and utter shit labyrinth grows louder. Over 320 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 880 posters in support

Yes, I agree that it seems that HC league players are better represented in the list than SC league players. As for the lab defenders, I can't really say since I have very rarely looked at any of their profile information?
Over 430 threads discussing labyrinth problems with over 1040 posters in support (thread # 1702621) Thank you all! GGG will implement a different method for ascension in PoE2. Retired!
"
MartynZero wrote:
WELL I LOVE THE LABYRINTH, it gives a psuedo hard-core challenge to the softcore league and actually represents a CHALLENGE and gives a guaranteed non-randomised reward (ascendancy points) for beating that challenge. The best part of POE are those moments that make your heart pound and your hands shake! The first time I beat uber Izaro solo was extremely rewarding and satisfying, and still is with each new character.

U used Izaro as exemple and we all agreed that Izaro is a GREAT boss, one of the best mechanincs cause is hard, clean and rewards are good (keys, risk vs reward). Only thing Id change is the last arena although been small helps with the dificulty so its fine.

Problem is the traps, majority of the ppl that dislike lab is cause traps slow u down, are boring and punish u for the small of the LAG more than anything else in the game (not mistakes BUT LAG). Its hard the first time and then become a boring must do thing that most of us do not enjoy and u must do it cause of ascendency on ALL the chars.
Keep away from repetitive work,
it should be only once pass the lab for all chars in one league.
People who don't like the Labyrinth are not a minority: Be heard - say you don't like it in your signature. Don't leave complaining about lab to others - GGG needs to see how many people dislike it. Ascendancy must be gated on true ARPG content, not a poorly-crafted internet Legend of Zelda wannabe.
"
guntama wrote:
Keep away from repetitive work,
it should be only once pass the lab for all chars in one league.

Yeah pretty fair. I could live with that. The worst thing is doing lab with char not designed to izaro fight.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info