Should I switch to Tukohama's Fortress?

I'm level 89 doing Righteous Fire totem, check my character OathMeister, and I can finally afford a Tukohama with maybe 95+ life, I'm currently using this

With that and the other gears I have 4.8K life, 61% (52% without Determination aura) armor, all maxxed resis except fire (65%), 781 life regen per second (700 without vitality)

I'm worried about losing determination aura (because there's no way I'm going to reserve life) and the way less armor on Tukohama and also the fire resis loss - I know I'll get goood life on Tukohama but I'm too noob to know if it's worth it or nah and I'me very afraid of spending my 5EX for a bad idea

About survivability , I can handle myself, clear speed is not insane but acceptable, life regen and armor helps when mobs get near me or I try to be hero (happens sometimes), I have issues with Atziri - can kill her but will probably lose a few portals fighting her - and I went through A LOT to kill Uber Izaro

So what do you think?
Last edited by UltimateForm on May 15, 2017, 4:28:50 PM
Last bumped on May 17, 2017, 6:26:34 PM
Go for Tukohama shield but keep your fire resist close to 75. Change your rings for smth better.
LF rings with 50+ life + resists

Armour won´t help you much (it only mitigates physical damage and won´t help vs big hits anyway).

Btw you can boost your damage by a lot by using Elemental overload (EO) and Elemental equilibrium (EE) passives and/or Whispers of doom (+1 extra curse such as flammability/ele weakness).

For activation EO you can use orb of storm with increased critical strike chance support.
EE is harder to get (bcos of ancestral bond) but you can use it just vs bosses (trash mobs will die fast with or without anyway) For activation use Vaal lightning trap + increased duration which is another 50% more multiplier (unless shock immune boss)

So you might get 140% more damage for free!!! (or even better vs high resist monster)
Btw dont count + extra curse such as flammability from Whispers of doom which is another multiplier ...

Last edited by Rakiii on May 16, 2017, 4:50:27 AM
Tukohama's Fortress is an extremely powerful shield for a number of builds. Having one isn't a waste, even if you find you don't like it for RF totems. It's a big damage boost for Warchiefs, actually - yeah, it forces 1H weapon Warchiefs which people don't like, but having the extra totem is 50% more DPS than a 2-totem setup gets.

If you really fancy it, grab it and see how it goes. It's hard enough to get that it should hold its value for you if you need to resell it for cash.
Well, I think people forget about RF being a degen skill not a hit skill, from a certain source you can only apply one instance of dot on one enemy, which means multiple RF damage don't overlap, so 1 extra totem doesn't give you more damage but better coverage against multiple enemies instead (in a way it's more damage), which is still really good, if you feel like pack clearing speed is not satisfying then do the switch, if it's the single target damage you feel not up to your standard then switching won't help.

I personally won't do that, but I also would not go full RF totem ever so can't say I know exactly how your build feels, it's really up to you. This is an OP shield anyway, so even if you don't feel great after switch, you can still keep it for other builds or resell
Last edited by TravisL on May 15, 2017, 6:52:26 PM
"
1453R wrote:
but having the extra totem is 50% more DPS than a 2-totem setup gets.

Unfortunately, RF Totems are somewhat different compared to the rest of the lot...

You won't get more damage from a second or third totem, if they overlap only one totem deals damage. However, Tukohama's Fortress will increase your clear speed as you have an extra totem at your disposal to cover a greater area. Also handy if you want to deploy a "free" Decoy Totem at bosses to keep them away from you.

Bottom line: Tukohama's Fortress isn't a bad choice but by no means as effective as it is for other totem builds.

Edit: TravisL beat me to it. ;)
Last edited by tomay on May 15, 2017, 6:57:00 PM
"
tomay wrote:
"
1453R wrote:
but having the extra totem is 50% more DPS than a 2-totem setup gets.

Unfortunately, RF Totems are somewhat different compared to the rest of the lot...

You won't get more damage from a second or third totem, if they overlap only one totem deals damage. However, Tukohama's Fortress will increase your clear speed as you have an extra totem at your disposal to cover a greater area. Also handy if you want to deploy a "free" Decoy Totem at bosses to keep them away from you.

Bottom line: Tukohama's Fortress isn't a bad choice but by no means as effective as it is for other totem builds.

Edit: TravisL beat me to it. ;)

I was talking specifically to the Ancestral Warchief build getting extra DPS if he doesn't like the shield for RF, but yeah. Heh, RF totems don't stack.

What you can do with Tukohama's Fortress there, instead, is omit Ancestral Bond and rig up a Scorching Ray yourself to debuff enemy fire resistance and deal a bunch of extra fire damage yourself when you need to focus heavily on single-target pounding. You still get two RF totems for pack coverage, not losing anything there.

Alternately, go bugnuts with Heirophant at some point in the future, generate something like nine totems, get a buttpile of armor and also nine totems for the gigglez. Why not? Stuff isn't soulbound in this game!
Hmm....

Thank you all for the replies, I'm going to keep my setup for now, I've concluded it's not worth the cost at this moment. I'll reconsider in the future tho, thanks everyone
I'm running the same build, albeit SSF. Others have stated the facts. I would say if you don't have a better upgrade to do, the shield is worth it. Allows you to drop ancestral bond and do direct damage, meaning you can trigger Elemental Equilibrium yourself, without the need of a trap. I'm speaking in hypotheticals though, because I haven't had one drop/chanced ;)

4.8k life seems very low, though. May want to address that. ...annnd just noticed you don't have EE or EO, so these points are moot. Cheers!
IGN: JooksOne
Timezone: PST(USA)
IIRC, when I played RF totems I was using a Shockwave Totem with Faster Casting and Culling Strike to trigger Elemental Equilibrium (had "Adds Lightning Damage to Spells" on my scepter). Worked quite nice with Tukohama's Fortress and the Tukohama ascendancy (taunt)
Besides Elemental Equilibrium (EO is a must) you would drop ancestral bond as stated before and cast spells by yourself. The best choice would be scorching ray (DoT damage can´t overwrite EE boost) or without EE whatever fire based.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info