[3.0 Ready] Fire & Ice - Katana Frost Blades + Molten Strike! High clear speed + single target.

I'd suggest you reposting this guide in Scion section and leaving old Ranger version here (with links between them).
"
Amongalen wrote:
I'd suggest you reposting this guide in Scion section and leaving old Ranger version here (with links between them).

I don't think Scion is a good starter.
I think he did a proof of concept at least.
Raider and Pathfinder (when you get OP flask) I think it fits the best.
"
excaian wrote:
Looking forward to the Scion life version :)

Will this build have issues with reflect?

I was very happy with the performance of Scion even as a starter build - the early pathing along with Alira bandit solves resistance and mana problems and made everything super smooth. I am using the passive tree in the OP. I went for Assassin + Raider first and didn't get the alternate start until Uber lab.

Reflect can be a bit of a problem early on. You won't one-shot yourself since it is a high attack speed build, but you can still die to a solo tanky reflect rare at first. If there are other mobs nearby for you to leech off of, you will be OK. Once you have Atziri's Promise + Taste of Hate/Dying Sun for the additional resist then reflect will be no problem.

I will put a fresh post into the Scion section once I have a proper build guide which will be 1-2 weeks into the league. For now I just updated a bit here for the people who were asking me about it.

BTW Lioneye's Vision is awesome for Frost Blades. Not having to use Chain is a big DPS boost.
Last edited by muusbolla on Aug 3, 2017, 9:33:07 PM
Newb question or maybe I missed something. Looking at your skill tree how come it's not connected? Starting from scion how do I suppose to jump to the ranger side of the skills?

Thanks in advance.
Scion ascendancy allows you to start at another class
Hey, been trying to follow you on this guide really liking it so far, should I be going ranger/raider first and 2 passives?

How are you doing the ascendancy?

Anything i should rush on the passive tree?

Thanks.
Last edited by Keelez on Aug 6, 2017, 7:04:18 PM
To start I pathed down from Scion into the left side of Duelist, then through to the rest of the passive tree. I took Assassin in Cruel lab, Raider in Merciless lab, and Path of the Ranger in Uber lab allowing me to refund some passives.
Last edited by muusbolla on Aug 10, 2017, 12:15:16 AM
Hey, I based my build around this but went raider instead of scion. Running into an issue of both survivability and damage to do uber izaro/shaper/etc. Would like to know of any recommendations you got for shaping this whether it be gear/skill tree. How important is the 3 projectiles on helmet? And what skill points should i look to get rid of to aim for scion health loaf if that's my best survivability option.

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Anus_Smasher/characters

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info