[3.0 Ready] Fire & Ice - Katana Frost Blades + Molten Strike! High clear speed + single target.

"
muusbolla wrote:
"
MoldyDwarf wrote:
Nice build. Looks like you have very high DPS and fun to play with the extra clearspeed you get from frost blades.

I'm guessing about 1m on magma balls in PoB with anti-Shaper gear but the point blank bonus turned off (since PoB doesn't calculate it correctly)? Mind sharing a PoB code with your Shaper gear?

POB Pastebin Link: https://pastebin.com/yf5MNyUQ
I have Point Blank turned on - under Configuration -> For Effective DPS -> Projectile travel distance: set the value to 10. Any ball that actually hits the primary target should be getting the full 50% damage bonus.

Using the Molten Strike calculator linked on the wiki:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B7_jqIx4zJa5Z2t6MkVnMkV5VnM/view

This is an old version of the calculator based on increased/reduced radius, not area. So we have to back calculate those from the new system. Radius is scaled as the square root of the area scaling. Dying Sun is our only source of increased, giving 45% area which is 20% radius. Concentrated Effect gives 30% less area which is -16% radius. Putting those values into the calc with 9 balls fired gives 3.87 average ball hits per skill use.

From POB my Molten Strike melee DPS is 425k, ball DPS is 669k.
425k + 3.87 * 669k = 3.01 million DPS

Thanks. With the PoB code I agree you're definitely getting more than 2m DPS vs Shaper. That and the frost blades looks like a lot of fun for clearing.

FYI, there are a number of mistakes in that spreadsheet. I'll try to make an updated one in the next few days.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
"
muusbolla wrote:
"
neonJason wrote:
Would you recommend doing this build over Mathil's lead sprinker? It's good single target but slow clear speed. It seems like the single target for this build would be better in both aspects, and I could probably get decent gear with the ~20 ex spent on this lead sprinker.

edit: forgot to mention I already have skyforths I can use.
edit edit: also forgot to mention I have all the flasks, I'd just need to get a good weapon really. Also since I play on standard I have a high level ranger that can be re-rolled. At this point I basically convinced my self to do this.

Yeah I'd definitely recommend it over any pure Molten Strike build, it sounds very painful to play in maps with that. Also while Lead Sprinkler seems like an easy budget option ("just stack strength") once you invest a lot into it, you will get more out of a build like this. If you have the Skyforths already then go for it!!

The biggest problem I'm hearing from people whispering me right now is that it's just hard to find decent Exquisite Blades this late in the league (or on Standard). If you run into this issue just get a Terminus Est to start, it's also great at covering other holes in your gear with its high base crit, attack speed, and +accuracy.

Hopefully at the start of a new league more Exquisite Blades will become available for trade and more people can enjoy this build to its full potential :)

If you do stick with Mathil's build, you'll likely have a much better experience dropping EO and getting higher base damage and attack speed instead. That build sacrifices a lot to take EO, adding expense, hurting actual boss kill times, and definitely hurting map clearing. This build looks like a really great build if you can get the gear for it.
2.6 BLS Berserker budget shaper farmer build guide: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1882710
Very cool build. I blindly threw together one of my spare berserkers on standard to test the build with Hege. Here is the pastebin from path of building. https://pastebin.com/zZbRHXSL

My gear isnt top tier or anything, getting one more T1 accuracy roll would go a long way to making it better. The tree is annoying because everything I wanted is on opposite sides of the tree.
I'm liking the build, but I'm wondering if this can be done with 1h? 6L Molten Strike in chest for big boss fights and "5L" Frost Blades in Essence of Horror helm?

Frost Blades - Multistrike, WED, Chain, "30% more ele damage"

EDIT: Have you also tried Malachai's Artifice with a lightning gem? -37% cold and fire res on bosses.
Last edited by mimivirus on Jun 3, 2017, 2:20:04 PM
Love the look of this. I really like builds that can do everything instead of specialized for either mapping or bosses. Thinking I will use this in 3.0 assuming it works with life or they revert some of the planned es

This looks to hit both sides. I was looking for something I thought would pair with meatballs when I ran across this build. I know it isn't budget but do you think this is something you can build into with more currency or does it totally fail without all the gear?

Thanks!
So I have built up a tree I think will work with zerker and Hegemony era. Could be total shit, curious what you came up with when you have a chance to share. Still trying to figure out ele conversion and get some more life.
Sorry friends, I had to take a big break from gaming as real life is kicking my ass :( But I still believe that a life-based version of this build is viable for 3.0. I will try to find time to test in the beta. Maybe share some potential trees in the comments?
"
KeenSenses wrote:

This looks to hit both sides. I was looking for something I thought would pair with meatballs when I ran across this build. I know it isn't budget but do you think this is something you can build into with more currency or does it totally fail without all the gear?

Actually felt very viable on budget build. Based on my testing in 2.6 life-based version, using Terminus Est is still a better budget choice than Hegemony's Era. That sword is just so damn strong now, and the sword passives are so efficient. You can make this build work with any of the following classes: Berserker, Champion, Slayer, Raider, Pathfinder, Assassin.

"
mimivirus wrote:
I'm liking the build, but I'm wondering if this can be done with 1h? 6L Molten Strike in chest for big boss fights and "5L" Frost Blades in Essence of Horror helm?

Frost Blades - Multistrike, WED, Chain, "30% more ele damage"

EDIT: Have you also tried Malachai's Artifice with a lightning gem? -37% cold and fire res on bosses.

You can, but the advantage of using a shield isn't so high with a life build. You can get more armor or evasion but they aren't so great in 2.6. This approach with a shield is more viable for an ES build. Also, a well-rolled Essence of Horror helm with Molten Strike enchant is going to be very expensive. Elemental Equilibrium doesn't work when you factor in Herald of Ash and Hatred, which cause you to deal both Fire and Cold on every attack.
Last edited by muusbolla on Jul 14, 2017, 12:30:39 AM
Hi OP and Exiles,

I managed to create HP Based Pathfinde verison. 194% hp. 3 Jewels slots(kinda efficient placed). I don't think it will as immortal as es ghost reaver and VP but.. I will try it. Ahh and Terminus Est seems like good weapon before you will manage to craft something decent.

Passive tree:
Spoiler
https://www.pathofexile.com/passive-skill-tree/AAAABAIDAFb6fXXdRl4TjbkHdWHrhMWNfe96m7UXluOf02-kwnrvEYFvJ49g8NVirIRv_W5sjJXMSn3pmMCmdKB4erIZJpWjitRSf4B-3Z63BqK9NhjbXfL-ugYgRA0wfKkn3D3I8E2SVUvuDg5ItUiHaonTjDaBrHTtI_Zh4nTxSVHHncM6vqfawWJahNlHfvFtmmoV8AguBx43TJ2qQKCHdu0_Z6CpeS5TIuoRlv8Qm43kau2D62MqOH8rNj0yASSLcFIrCgX5qZSbJs96lS4X3Plj1EIZjtN-Fr8Pq3fXJJ1jpyoLelN4-SFVBS2E7yFgAF4UdREvZU0=

If you can give me better pathing I will apreciate it <3
Welp there goes all my luck for 3.0...

Last edited by muusbolla on Jul 31, 2017, 3:24:02 PM
Looking forward to the Scion life version :)

Will this build have issues with reflect?

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info