Damage Over Time Changes - More Information Part 2

I have a question..

Since the Beta is coming soon for testing of a whole slue of changes to not only the main content playthrough but the endgame as well, would it be possible for GGG to allow importing characters and stashes from the main realm to the beta so that players who wish to jump right to the endgame with their already made characters and all their gear in standard to jump right into testing endgame setups? Have it work just like a league merge where the character have a free respec (Because of obvious changes the the tree) so they can use their old builds to tests changes to things like DOT from the endgame point or even make high lvl characters into builds to test many of the other changes.

I feel like this would be beneficial for testing since it's a given there will be plenty of players who will start from the beginning of fresh builds to see all the new act content However if you were to allow importing of stashes and characters from the main realm for players who wish to do so (Maybe give the option somewhere to allow importing) then players can also choose to jump right to endgame setups they already have and also use gear already owned to test more effectively everything at a much more efficient rate.

In doing so i feel like this would allow for more effective testing for the beta and allow for even more testing to be done by players in an even shorter period of time. I mean sure i know it would be important for testing to be done from the point of the start of a league which would still happen for the most part since most people are more interested in the new content added but theres also ALOT of testing that needs to be done from an endgame perspective in a short period of time and i feel like allowing imports to players who would rather be testing the part of the game where it arguably matters the most or the part alot of players such as myself spend the most time would be a great way to get more testing done in that short period of time.

And if the reason for not doing something like this is because some testing to things like the economy are also felt to be important disable trading for players who wish to opt for imports as well so the economy will also not have any effects from players who wish to do testing right from the endgame.

There is a fine line between Consideration and Hesitation.
The former is Wisdom, the latter is Fear.
Last edited by Demonoz on May 10, 2017, 8:29:29 PM
"the hit will be affected by Cold Damage modifiers, while the resulting Ignite will be affected by modifiers to Cold or Fire Damage"

So, this is the new double dip? Cold AND Fire damage in 1 hit?
I have a question about other element, I mean... Cold and Lightning.

For what I can understand, lightning put a debuff then make the enemies take 50% increase damage... But you can get a GEM that give you like 49% MORE elemental damage and cut this... Why someone will not take this gem over the other... At least with fire you get ignite who was very strong, but lightning seem really weak again fire.

Then cold, I know you said that cold will be rework, be truly, just get some weak monster froze and boss get like, just slow is useless most of the time... Why not give Cold a debuff damage overtime lower damage then fire, but that also slow monster and get ride of frozen all together. Lightning should also get a debuff damage and something else, so that Yes fire do more damage but do nothing else, but the other two give at least some other effect.

Like that, we might think about it before converting all COLD damage to FIRE.
Dot changes sounds huge...
IGN: JerleNecroDD/JerleNecroRuthless
Harvest is the BEST league EVER. Deterministic crafting ftw.
How will POE2 and POE coexist?
"
Lantis02 wrote:
This is legitimately like the 5th post about damage over time. There is something inherently wrong if it takes this much explaining and justification.

I agree with you - something is wrong. The thing that's wrong is the old system for how Ignite, Poison and Bleeding work, which is unlike anything else in the game and requires a bunch of special handling, and leads to a bunch of unintuitive situations.

Replacing that with a fundamentally simpler system that works in basically the same way as a lot of other mechanics must inherently mean making a lot of changes, so we are, and we're doing our best to make sure the users understand those changes.

Also, not to nitpick, but it's the 4th post :)
Two describing and explaining the system, and two Q&A posts because addressing user questions is better than not doing so. So far as I'm aware, we're not planning a 5th, although if there's a lot of user confusion still in this thread, then answering more questions seems like a worthwhile thing to do.

"
Xenombra wrote:
I have a question about other element, I mean... Cold and Lightning.

For what I can understand, lightning put a debuff then make the enemies take 50% increase damage... But you can get a GEM that give you like 49% MORE elemental damage and cut this... Why someone will not take this gem over the other... At least with fire you get ignite who was very strong, but lightning seem really weak again fire.

Then cold, I know you said that cold will be rework, be truly, just get some weak monster froze and boss get like, just slow is useless most of the time... Why not give Cold a debuff damage overtime lower damage then fire, but that also slow monster and get ride of frozen all together. Lightning should also get a debuff damage and something else, so that Yes fire do more damage but do nothing else, but the other two give at least some other effect.

Like that, we might think about it before converting all COLD damage to FIRE.
There are changes planned for Chill, Freeze and, Shock, but we're not ready to announce what those are yet. But Shock is already quite powerful, I think you might be selling it short there.
This game will stop attracting casuals eventually and then GG to GGG.
Nemesis IGN: [Removed by Admin]
Being a veteran player to PoE, and an tabletop RP designer, I am seeing the long term merit of these changes and build diversifying aspects of this change. The PoE moving forward can be more easily balanced to meet a range of T1-T3 builds without having too many builds falling into Memebuild territory, T4+(Ele Hit).

Thanks for the hardwork and I'm glad to see the love of the game put into the changes. I'm looking forward to future changes as of current.
Beta is void is it not?
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
Beta is void is it not? Importing characters would not work
I am really not as bad as they say I am.

I am actually a really nice person.

Haaahahahaaahahahahahahahahahaaaahahahaha
This entire text reads like "We're breaking your favourite toys and giving you something bland and mediocre in return".

What we need is some competition in the arpg market so ggg can't keep making these bad decisions and get away with it. malice discharge is utter poop now to play. Showing how little ggg knows about balance.
Vote +1 to change Path of Exile to Path of Nerfs.
We hate to say, but ProjectPT was right.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info