[3.0] HC/SC Nowlech's Trickster Essence Drain (LifeMoM/CI/LL) ~Shaper and Uber Atziri! Videos!

"
Thanks for the build. Now leveling in Harbinger HC with few adjustments. Is `Witchfire Brew Stibnite Flask` plays really important role in damage, is damage is still ok without it (for HC)? I'm thinking if I could just run `Blasphemy + Temporal Chains + Enfeeble` and then just get more damage on jewels to compensate damage loss, or even don't if DPS is ok without it.

It's not a huge loss, since you are running 2 curses (temp chains and enfeeble), you might want to wear a Doedres Damning Paua Ring for a 3rd curse for Vuln from the Witchfire brew once you get it. I run through maps without popping my Witchfire Brew and it's no problem, it just helps with harder rares and Bosses!
i m LVL 63 right now, fun to play. Thank you for the build. I have a question, u picked node "whisper of doom" double curse in ur passive tree. u have temporal chain and what is the other one? maybe I missed something?
IGN:Sirdec
"
i m LVL 63 right now, fun to play. Thank you for the build. I have a question, u picked node "whisper of doom" double curse in ur passive tree. u have temporal chain and what is the other one? maybe I missed something?

I use the unique flask witchfire brew, which gives us vulnerability!
Hi there! Thanks for all your dedication to this build! Just wondering what your gear recommendations would be for the Life version in 3.0?
Thanks for a HC orientated ED Build Nowlech!

Since fresh starter in HC Harbringer, doub't ill have any of the $ to go LL/CI properly so looking at probably sticking to your 'My 3.0 Starter' MoM/Life build. Any suggestions or further enchancements if soloely focused on Hardcore and staying Life end-game?

I see from leveling you take Written in Blood and Melding Wheels and respec later - would we respec that at all if remaining Life/HC? Little things like that so I don't get hammered on Regrets haha.

Cheers!
"

Since fresh starter in HC Harbringer, doub't ill have any of the $ to go LL/CI properly so looking at probably sticking to your 'My 3.0 Starter' MoM/Life build. Any suggestions or further enchancements if soloely focused on Hardcore and staying Life end-game?

I see from leveling you take Written in Blood and Melding Wheels and respec later - would we respec that at all if remaining Life/HC? Little things like that so I don't get hammered on Regrets haha.

Cheers!

It depends, I'm planning on staying life until around 93ish or until I have a lot LOT of currency to go either CI or LL. So I've grabbed all the life nodes to keep safe for now. Still upgrading gear of course.

I have over 5k life, and 1.1k mana for MoM and because of our ascendancy we feel tanky! I understand about respec points and regrets but if it keeps you alive, it's worth it!
"
Nowlech wrote:
"

Cheers!

It depends, I'm planning on staying life until around 93ish or until I have a lot LOT of currency to go either CI or LL. So I've grabbed all the life nodes to keep safe for now. Still upgrading gear of course.

I have over 5k life, and 1.1k mana for MoM and because of our ascendancy we feel tanky! I understand about respec points and regrets but if it keeps you alive, it's worth it!

Thanks for the reply, definitely agree! Just some follow-up questions:

1. The other issue I'm seeing is lack of Dex/Str and not being too reliant on gear (because upgrades are coming fast before we 'settle') - I see your leveling your green/red gems quite high, is it safe/wise for us to take +30 Nodes to cover for meantime?

2. It seems on your toon now you didn't take Written in Blood/Melding - did you not feel the need on Softcore or did you respec out of those at a certain point for better nodes?

3. If we were to go for Written in Blood would it be wise to go for Atrophy over another Chaos Wheel since we're up there or the other wheels are just better?

4. At what point did you take MoM? Just don't want to go early and risk surviability haha

Cheers!
"
"
Nowlech wrote:
"

Cheers!

Thanks for the reply, definitely agree! Just some follow-up questions:

1. The other issue I'm seeing is lack of Dex/Str and not being too reliant on gear (because upgrades are coming fast before we 'settle') - I see your leveling your green/red gems quite high, is it safe/wise for us to take +30 Nodes to cover for meantime?

2. It seems on your toon now you didn't take Written in Blood/Melding - did you not feel the need on Softcore or did you respec out of those at a certain point for better nodes?

3. If we were to go for Written in Blood would it be wise to go for Atrophy over another Chaos Wheel since we're up there or the other wheels are just better?

4. At what point did you take MoM? Just don't want to go early and risk surviability haha

Cheers!

No problem! I'll try to answer as best as I can!

1. Dex should not be an issue, you can get dex really easily on a ring and it doesn't up the price really. Strength - I stopped leveling abyssal cry, and spell totem doesn't really take much strength ^^

2. No I did not take them at all, I would rather take 5% max life until I start getting good ES gear, then I will go into those and respec out of the scion wheel!

3. The other wheels are better for the points, it's only an extra 4ish % and 2 less points :D

4. I took MoM around level 70, once I got weave of the arcane because that ascendancy point is huge with Mom!
I've been doing almost the exact same build, without even checking if a guide exists. ED has always been a safe choice as a league starter, and it didn't fail me this time either. I even got to the same conclusion as you, using the blight gloves for added single target, with a small variation:

Spoiler

I felt that the 4L for Contagion is overkill, so I swapped it to a non-link, kept Wither totem and self-casting Blight when needed. Self-casting also makes blowing up that pesky ghost or one leftover monster that much easier, and it feels really smooth so far, with even higher ST damage (wither+blight+ed).

I also have a question to you: since my next upgrade will be an endgame 6L chest, what should be the smartest investment: CoD, Belly, Shavronne or a high ES rare? I prefer either of the last 3, since I like to reuse the chest armor after I'm done playing my league starter build, and CoD is just too niche for too few builds.
502 Bad Gateway in Life Based Leveling Trees
Last edited by Rollyn on Aug 7, 2017, 11:28:56 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info