[3.8] Demi's FlyingPurplePeople Cyclone/Bladestorm/Earthquake/Ice Crash Slayer Guide

"
Wakibara wrote:

Belly of the Beast is a solid, cheap unique alternative (in terms of raw hp) than a rare chest - 30-40% is huge. A good chest that matches BoTB's can be expensive but it'd bring more armour and more resistances, which would free up resistance requirements from your other gear to opt for more damage.

For me, a 40% BoTB only gives my build +9 health compared to my current chest, although that may change as I continue upgrading my jewels/other outdated gear

Thanks! for the info

So I switched to the new build, but we are super weak to elemental reflect now or did I get something wrong?

Last edited by Dynastiew on Jan 20, 2019, 5:43:19 PM
curious about trying this build out.

Is there any reason why you might recommend against this build in HC? It seems pretty tanky.
Hello, why is CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN SUPPORT dont work with golem immoral call and Vulnerability?
My characer
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/junglemanPL/characters
"
junglemanPL wrote:
Hello, why is CAST WHEN DAMAGE TAKEN SUPPORT dont work with golem immoral call and Vulnerability?
My characer
https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/junglemanPL/characters

You have to make sure that you don't overlevel the skills that are supported by CWDT, but this seems to be totally fine in your build, so that is not the issue.

I never had problems with Immortal Call and Vulnerability, but the Golem seemed to be a bit flaky. Didn't trigger when I thought it should. I think there might be something buggy with the Golem, but now, it seems to be fine.

But, since I had the problems, I changed my boots and the gems are now socketed differently. CWDT => Golem => Vulnerability => IC.
Maybe the Golem has problems to trigger if it isn't the first in the chain?
I don't understand i'm getting absolute rekt by monsters on t11+ map, getting one shot from everywhere :\.
anyone have a updated video gameplay
Edited

Hey Demi,
Felt like I should make a post here afterall... I start by saying a big thank you for the hard work you've put into maintaining this post. Please keep it up :) I guess this build is certainly not the very strongest. But there is something to it that makes it so damn fun to play.

I pretty much spent all my currency into following this build (with some changes), and still can't stop investing. I'm sticking to 100% phys, so this is before your 3.5 changes.

I need some improvements for the boots (possibly one with an abyss jewel), and have a perfect roll Devoto's helm that I'm working to hit 40% lacerate on. But these are minor improvements.

I'm open to suggestions on how to improve further !! So please drop some words of wisdom ;)

So, some details of my build;
Lv99
Life - 9062
Resistances - All Max
Ascendancy - Switched to "Overwhelm" to enjoy stun immunity while I level up. I get onslaught from my Starforge.

I use this ilo a perfect roll, as it gives fortify/onslaught on hit. Invested quite a bit into gems as well. So, I miss 10% phy dam, and 2% attack speed, but I think the corrupted implicits give better damage overall.

Again, finding it very difficult to replace this. The +44% life is quite decent. Better Astral Elder pieces are very expensive to get...

I always wondered why you prefer enchantment on gloves. Wouldn't the 20% melee bonus workout better overall ? Wonder what you think.

I also find mixing up bloodrage with empower&enhance gives a better attack speed buff overall. Would you recommend another setup ?

Ultimately when the boots are replaced, I'll aim to land a 80% chance to ignore stun enchant, and repec the ascendancy back to bane of legends. Getting stunned at high tiers is such a nuisance and can cause death out of nowhere; I'm not quite sure how you mitigate it, other than the fact that your gear is superior. Am I missing something ?

Now,
This is another combination where I wonder what you'd think. I have the option of using a legacy voidheart+rare steel ring.

However, I've decided to go with the below setup. The +80% attack damage felt too good to pass. Is this a good pick against the posion/bleed ? I've never seen you go with this choice.

Finally, I spent all my money buying the belt, and slamming the neck. Don't think I'm replacing these anytime soon.

Flasks

Jewels

Overall, I was able to do all the content except the uber elder. That was before having the elder belt though, so maybe I'll give it another go.

I just think the fight is way too chaotic for this build, and the defences aren't sufficient to cover up simple positioning errors. So you really need to put a lot of effort into the fight, and work your a** off. I just hop to my immune Jugg, and down uber elder piece of cake.

Hope you like what I've put together :) And if you have any suggestions, I'll go and see what I can do.

Cheers
C.
Last edited by Crixxzz on Feb 24, 2019, 5:09:23 PM
love the guides and the build and the concept behind it...but im having trouble with survivability. i could slam a T10 sometimes, than turn around and get slammed in an 8 (im talking insta-gib, one shot type). I'm wondering if you can take a look at my profile (not sure how to link gear on the post and give me your thoughts

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/Soulstrike628

lvl 88 duelist, the character is smilfypoo - - - any guidance would be amazing! thanks, demi!
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Jan 24, 2019, 12:41:25 AM
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:
love the guides and the build and the concept behind it...but im having trouble with survivability. i could slam a T10 sometimes, than turn around and get slammed in an 8 (im talking insta-gib, one shot type). I'm wondering if you can take a look at my profile (not sure how to link gear on the post and give me your thoughts

lvl 88 duelist, the character is smilfypoo - - - any guidance would be amazing! thanks, demi!

well you're missing an entire ring, most of your jewels are pretty garbage, and your flasks are pretty far off the mark. amulet should be replaced asap as well.

get more life on gear/jewels and make sure you're using proper flasks/procing fortify. switch vuln on your cwdt to enfeeble, might help as well.
🥚 IGN: demigodking | Creator of Demigod's Wager
🍋 twitch.tv/demi | youtube.com/demigodkinglol
🥔 Mirror Thread (400+ Services): pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1753977
🍋 #1 Items, IIQ MF Item Duplication Services, Carries and More!
🥚 TheSpiderQueenByDemi - Hall of Grandmasters
"
"
Soulstrike628 wrote:

well you're missing an entire ring, most of your jewels are pretty garbage, and your flasks are pretty far off the mark. amulet should be replaced asap as well.

get more life on gear/jewels and make sure you're using proper flasks/procing fortify. switch vuln on your cwdt to enfeeble, might help as well.

yeah im moving stuff around so profile didnt update with the ring, but that ring i have is nothing special

i did just upgrade one of my jeweles to a 2H attack speed/attack speed with axes/increase melee dmg/increase area dmg

thanks for the quick response!

EDIT: Updated all my gems - hope it is a legit update
Last edited by Soulstrike628 on Jan 24, 2019, 2:38:33 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info