[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

"
viper0n wrote:
"
After trying out the build on SC, I can't seem to figure out how to scale the damage higher. I have similar gear and skill tree but the damage I get is way under what is shown. Am I scaling it wrong or something?

1. You still haven't filed out your ascendancy yet. That should give you quite a bit of damage and insane leech.
2. Swap out elemental damage with attacks for melee physical damage.
3. Your scourge has way low DPS. You don't have to use the scourge. You can use any good pDPS claw as your second one. a 290 - 300 pDPS claw is about 10-20c. Find a good balance between attack speed and DPS blade flurry performs better at high attack speeds.
4. Your jewels are not optimal but will do for early game till you farm up currency. Jewels are very important for this build. I'd suggest you get some 3 stat jewels at least.
5. For the rings and amulets you need added physical damage to min-max. What you have should be fine for early game.

This is just my personal adjustment. Drop blade barrier side of the tree and pick up duality. You'll lose some block but get more damage. I don't know if 7% block chance make a different late in the game.

Where can I find a claw that has 290 ~ 300 pDPS for 10~20c? I've looked around in poe.trade, and most were an exalt and above.
"
lve2raft wrote:
thats a good idea -

I see some claws for 20exalt plus, about 400dps and 2.0 attack per second, big dps increase or not really?

400pdps should be a pretty good dps increase and at 2.0 aps you should be hitting max bf stacks pretty fast.

If you have enough currency to min-max why not do it then.
Last edited by viper0n on Aug 31, 2017, 5:00:39 PM
"
Where can I find a claw that has 290 ~ 300 pDPS for 10~20c? I've looked around in poe.trade, and most were an exalt and above.

http://poe.trade/search/igenoowiwahaha
"
viper0n wrote:
"
lve2raft wrote:
thats a good idea -

I see some claws for 20exalt plus, about 400dps and 2.0 attack per second, big dps increase or not really?

400pdps should be a pretty good dps increase and at 2.0 aps you should be hitting max bf stacks pretty fast.

If you have enough currency to min-max why not do it then.

So its only about a 4.1% increase in DPS to spend 20+EX on a claw, maybe just not worth it. I thought it would scale better.
"
viper0n wrote:
"

http://poe.trade/search/igenoowiwahaha

Ah yeah I found one. Got it for 25c. I was looking at the lvl 72 claw xD super pricey. Ended up getting this one over the Scourge Claw.

Last edited by AyoJawn on Aug 31, 2017, 5:36:22 PM
So here's my update from yesterday:

Did some T6/T7 maps to get to 70, and then did uber lab (once again this build is ridic)

I've been trying out Blasphemy + Vulnerability with Hatred in an Essence Worm (giving 84% reserved mana), and noticed a pretty good damage boost. Curse could be swapped for Enfeeble, or Temp Chains to be safer or for HC.

I did have to spend around 8c, and get the 18% Fire Res in the tree, on jewelry to get max resistances.

I did notice HoA wasnt really doing much (note however the burn damage is helped by Vulnerability). So maybe as you mentioned earlier it is possibly not worth it.

My next test is a Void Heart (instead of Essence worm and drop HoA) to get up to 100% bleed chance and try the Crimson Dance keystone to get 8 stacks of bleed. My thinking is packs are mostly one-shot so bleeding wouldn't do much, however 8 stacks of bleeding would help a lot with bosses or tankier rares.

I have also found that the wolves don't do much as we haven't taken any minion nodes. So support gems in The Scourge wouldn't change much. This claw could be swapped for a high pDPS claw when I start pushing end gear.

This is a lot of information but I would love to hear your thoughts!
FACEtank mino and vanish him in something like 30sec.....

no belly - no Bis Jewel

impressive....... O_o

wanna try blas + vuln with hatred instead of ash, anyone has already try it?

Is a real boost? we have witchfire that grant lvl 21 vuln....
Heya!

First off thanks for this fantastic build, alot of fun! budget and viable. I'm playing on hardcore and it's going very well so far (Level 83). I was wondering if you ever thought of trying more melee phys on full life, possibly in place of chance to bleed? I find i'm almost always full life, do you have any thoughts on this?

I'm also running the previously posted set-up of blashpemy + temp chains and hatred + CWDT Vortex which seems to be amazing in HC so far, that combined with lions roar you become untouchable.

Thanks again for such a fantastic build! I would like to re-iterate this build is fantastic you have made something special !
"
Reavles wrote:
So here's my update from yesterday:

Did some T6/T7 maps to get to 70, and then did uber lab (once again this build is ridic)

I've been trying out Blasphemy + Vulnerability with Hatred in an Essence Worm (giving 84% reserved mana), and noticed a pretty good damage boost. Curse could be swapped for Enfeeble, or Temp Chains to be safer or for HC.

I did have to spend around 8c, and get the 18% Fire Res in the tree, on jewelry to get max resistances.

I did notice HoA wasnt really doing much (note however the burn damage is helped by Vulnerability). So maybe as you mentioned earlier it is possibly not worth it.

My next test is a Void Heart (instead of Essence worm and drop HoA) to get up to 100% bleed chance and try the Crimson Dance keystone to get 8 stacks of bleed. My thinking is packs are mostly one-shot so bleeding wouldn't do much, however 8 stacks of bleeding would help a lot with bosses or tankier rares.

I have also found that the wolves don't do much as we haven't taken any minion nodes. So support gems in The Scourge wouldn't change much. This claw could be swapped for a high pDPS claw when I start pushing end gear.

This is a lot of information but I would love to hear your thoughts!

Good stuff! Thanks for sharing.

Essence worm is cool, and there's definitely a slot to play around with to fit in whichever utility you would like to prioritize. It sounds to me like you are all about getting more DPS, and that's a worthy cause. However, I have already chosen my utility, which is Bisco's, so fitting in worm, or something else would be very difficult.

As far as the curse, yes, most definitely a curse is the way to go besides Herald of Ash. I don't even notice not having it, while the slow down from the blasphemy + temporal + enhance is very noticeable and incredibly useful. It makes the game feel like easy mode, and so I feel I am going to stick with this for good. However this does mean that Witchfire brew is pretty much useless now, as the only way to get a double curse would be to get Doedre's ring or swap belly for Cospri's, and that's not happening. Ring cuz as I mentioned I prefer Bisco's and Cospri's would mean losing like 600-700life. So this means that for me at least, Lion's Roar is back in the mix and taking the place of Witchfire.

Voidheart is what I used to use in 2.6, you may want to take a closer look at the 2.6 post if you haven't. You're welcome to try to go back to poison scaling, but you may be wasting your time. There's a reason why I'm not using it anymore, but don't take my word for it, try it and test away.

Another thing to report is the results of the low lvl CWDT taken setup testing. And there too, I feel I am going to stick with the lowbie setup. Why? 1) with CDWT at lvl 4, a hit of just 725DMG will trigger a skill. Right now I'm doing CDWT:4 + Vortex:7 + Immortal Call:6 + Phase Run:6. So If I take a hit of just above 2100DMG, all 3 skill will get triggered. This feels pretty good in game, with the Vortex chill ground effect slowing down mobs even more on top of Temporal. Out of this setup however, the only real thing you would want to really keep is CWDT + IC, the rest you can do whatever you prefer.

Also, let me tell you all about my day, cuz I feel you might be interested.. I've been helping my buddy who I usually play with during leagues, but this time he doesn't have time to play as much as I do, so I pretty much put together the set for him and been helping him lvl in the few spare hours he has. We started a few hours ago, he just logged off, he was 69 and still using shield charge when we started. He switched into BF at 70, we figured out the links, ran a bunch of red maps and a bunch of beachheads deathless and he just logged off at 79. He had a great time with the build and hearing first hand over discord how someone new perceives the build was a good way to get a sense of how some of you out there might be feeling trying it out and also reminded me of the good old days when I first discovered this game.

First, let me get this out of the way. Here's my homie's toon for reference, if u wanna check out what I did for him:

https://www.pathofexile.com/account/view-profile/rickoz/characters

Anyway, the point I was trying to get to is that like many of you following the build, I too started knowing next to nothing. I pretty much spent my entire first league lost in the maze of information I didn't know about the game and actually quit my first time around cuz I just couldn't figure it out. I tried many builds, had many of the same questions I see people asking, and when I finally found a build that worked and I could have fun doing content, instead of just muddling through as best I could, it felt amazing! And so, I am glad that I have been able to bring that same feeling to some of you out there, and although I sometimes may not be as forth coming with information or willing to sit down to look at toons as much as some of you would like, know that I have been in yours shoes. So, be patient, do your research, question everything and test everything yourself; don't just accept what I or others say sheepishly. Gradually, over time, you will start feeling like you're getting a grasp on things, and when you do is when you really start appreciating the beauty and complexity of this game.

And speaking of beauty, one last thing, slightly on a tangent... But that I've always wanted to acknowledge about this game to fellow players. Not only is this game amazing to play, but it has probably the loveliest, most eloquent writing I've ever seen in a video game. Whoever wrote the things that Izaro, for example, says... no joke! my respect! There is some very very deep though and incredibly rich, beautiful language, knowledge and philosophy in the lore of this game. True wordsmiths in every sense of the word!
Last edited by corosou on Sep 1, 2017, 12:44:50 AM
"
Spooo wrote:
Heya!

First off thanks for this fantastic build, alot of fun! budget and viable. I'm playing on hardcore and it's going very well so far (Level 83). I was wondering if you ever thought of trying more melee phys on full life, possibly in place of chance to bleed? I find i'm almost always full life, do you have any thoughts on this?

I'm also running the previously posted set-up of blashpemy + temp chains and hatred + CWDT Vortex which seems to be amazing in HC so far, that combined with lions roar you become untouchable.

Thanks again for such a fantastic build! I would like to re-iterate this build is fantastic you have made something special !

Very kind words! Much appreciated :)

And for sure, Melee Phys on Full Life was the first option I considered. This was actually one of the points of contention when Mathil looked at the build, he thought it wouldn't work. I argued heavily that I thought I could maintain the full life (if you look at the posts around 3.0 release), but in the end I felt it's just not reliable enough, but maybe I just suck. You are playing in hardcore, so you are most likely a much better player than I am, so if you feel you can pull it off, by all means go for it, because it's by far the best option to boost DPS I know of.

Let us know how it goes if you try it.

Also, if you didn't read the previous long reply I just posted, for sure I am sticking with the blasphemy + temp chains + enhance, lowbie cdwt + IC + vortex + phase run, hatred and lion's. Feels very nice as you said, and I imagine specially for someone in hardcore.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info