[3.10] Molten Strike Jugg (Thread restored for historical purposes)

Is this build budget league starter viable? Looking at your items it looks like it is not, but I might be very wrong. Ty.
"
Is this build budget league starter viable? Looking at your items it looks like it is not, but I might be very wrong. Ty.

The 3.2 Bringer of Rain Berserker (budget, league-starter) is still pretty much the same.

But really, you shouldn't ever think a build cannot be budget. You can make any build budget using PoB, Sorting items by DPS and finding cheap/neglected uniques. The power creep is pretty crazy and builds are overpowered as it is, and if a build isn't doing millions of DPS then it's shit, but the reality is that you don't need millions of DPS.

I don't know how knowledgeable you are, but if you understand the mechanics behind what makes a build work, then you can always find cheap gear options. So, my advice is to learn the numbers. Ask yourself: Does X build scale of crit, phys/elem dmg, etc? Where does its tankiness come from? Do some research and try to answer these questions, because if you don't understand these things, you're always gonna be at the mercy of someone else's idea of how you should play this game.

GL!

Hello, thanks for the guide! I'm kinda new to the game and looking forward to build this. Would you recommend the build on the first page or the one you just posted on this one?

Thanks a lot.
It's been a while since I posted... I pretty much skipped all of 3.4

Maintaining this guide is a lot of work with so many variants and keeping up with the mechanics/gear changes each league brings is a nightmare.

In order to simplify the information contained here, I've removed all references to the patch versions when a variant was created, as most of them are relevant still with little modification.

Once 3.5 comes out I may reorganize things again.

Good luck and stay tuned for further updates as we get closer to Betrayal!
Last edited by corosou on Nov 15, 2018, 7:17:28 PM
And we are back with a brand new build for you girls and boys out there!

This time a skill so neglected, I wasn't able to find a single Marauder build using it.

Submitted for your consideration: Vaal Glacial Hammer!!

-::- Showcase Video -::-

Youtube: Vaal Glacial Hammer: T16 3.4 Vaal Temple (Corrupted, Deathless)

-::- PoB Export -::-

https://pastebin.com/YS0Wx3hZ

-::- Imported Stats -::-

-::- The Gear / Skills -::-

As usual I'm using a lot of uniques, some (not all) pretty neglected and cheap to get.

As you can see, the life is a bit low, at just 5k, but since we are chilling, freezing, blinding, at 80% res cap and endurance charges, it's pretty damned tanky! Either way, I'll be tweaking it quite a bit in the next few weeks before 3.5 release.

Keep in mind this is still a WORK IN PROGRESS!

But it's already pretty self evident that it is completely end-game viable and quite fun to play!

Stay tuned for future updates and keep an eye on my "Cereseo" toon for the latest changes.

Quick Glacial Hammer video update:

Some quick T16 kills:

Corrupted Vaal Temple

HQ GIF

Corrupted Mino

HQ GIF

Corrupted Phoenix

HQ GIF

Latest PoB: https://pastebin.com/UJGW85Mn

One interesting thing I noticed and I dunno if it's common knowledge, but you CAN have both Ancestral Protector AND Vaal Ancestral Warchief active at the same time!
Hey corosou, if the patch notes don't have anything crazy, what do you think will be the best Jugg Week 1 starter build this upcoming league?
livejamie
I dunno that there is such a thing as "best jugg" tbh. This game is so expansive that it's really up to individual taste and playstyle.

For me the easiest way to get started is to pick a skill I am currently enjoying, make use of whatever gear the game throws at me, import my lvling toon into PoB often and use the 'Sort by DPS' option to find cheap but powerful uniques. Don't spend too much time on that, just every few lvls when you take a break from game. Most important is to try to keep moving forward in-game at a steady pace for as long as you can during the first days of release.

If your goal is to make quick cash, then Uber Lab is always a safe bet and any Jugg with bleed immunity always has a pretty easy time farming it.

If you want to map, then buy maps and clear atlas ASAP. Reds full chisels, roll to at least 81%, Corrupt and if you have Vaal Frags, use on 15+ maps. I don't sextant much myself, but rather use them to buy up gear.

As far as what I will be doing, I have to say I am really enjoying how Glacial Hammer feels. The sound the explosions make is pretty badass! It's great for both clearing and single target. But the best part is that there's hardly anyone playing it. Also it feels like Frostbreath is tailor made for it, it being a "hammer" and it's essentially a 400+ DPS weapon (210 x 2 on chilled mobs), which you can get for a few chaos early league. The interaction with Pandemonius is sick with it providing guaranteed chill for the double dmg AND blinding anything that gets chilled. I've been running everything with Abyssus and sure, I get one shot here and there, but it doesn't feel like I've felt using it with some other builds where it just made you so squishy that it wasn't worth using it. I've run dozens of corrupted T16 Guardians, Zanas and Elder Spider Forest and they all feel pretty easy mode. If you want to make it tankier you can always swap the stat stick for a shield and make the tree changes necessary.

Anyway, hope that helps! and GL whatever you choose to go with
Last edited by corosou on Nov 29, 2018, 10:00:59 PM
Hey everyone! I have a kinda dumb question. The title says "Army knife" so does that mean that apart from the gear-socket-skillgem setups(which is different for each build listed), the rest of the stuff(passives, bandits, etc) is the same for all? So, I can hotswap between the different skill-setups listed here according to my preference on the same character? Thanks in advance!
"
Sierra_117 wrote:
Hey everyone! I have a kinda dumb question. The title says "Army knife" so does that mean that apart from the gear-socket-skillgem setups(which is different for each build listed), the rest of the stuff(passives, bandits, etc) is the same for all? So, I can hotswap between the different skill-setups listed here according to my preference on the same character? Thanks in advance!

Hi, so, it’s not a dumb question, but the question itself does tell me a bit about how experienced you are with the game, and looking at all your characters, I see your highest is 75, so I’m going to assume you are a fairly new or casual player; so, let me see if I can answer your question and not confuse you ;)

In short, the answer is “yes, and no”. All the variants have things in common, but not EVERYTHING in common.

If you look at the list of variants, you can see, for example, Blade Flurry/Cyclone/Reave are grouped together. This means these skills are all interchangeable with little modification.

Unfortunately, this cannot possibly be the case for all skills. Molten Strike, for example, requires specific “projectile” related nodes that no other skill needs. Elemental hit and Barrage are bow skills, so they have some things in common, but are, of course, not interchangeable with melee skills.

Regarding 3.5, I am currently working on a Glacial Hammer/Tectonic Slam variant. These two skills are very similar, except for some of the support gems they use. So, although pretty much the entire build is exactly the same for both skills, the gem slot colors on your chest piece are not the same, so you won’t be able to swap between them, without recoloring. The best you could do is carry around two body armors each colored to match, should you wish to swap between the two on the fly. I wouldn’t do this personally, I would just pick whichever I liked the most, as both have fairly similar damage output.

In the end, the best suggestion I can give you is to learn to use Path of Building, so that you will be able to answer these questions yourself. This does have a steep learning curve, but the reward is that you’ll be able to try out any skill you want, as many builds made for a particular skill can easily be modified to work with another.

Hope this helps! GL!

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info