Is GGG still making the game THEY want to play?

Is GGG still making the game they want to play? No, and they shouldn't. That's why most businesses fail, the executives assume their target audience wants the same as them, or have some weird assumptions about their target audience which is not true. GGG has time in time again publicly displayed some of the metrics they track, so it is safe to assume that analytics and quantitative data plays a role in making decisions at GGG. And it should.
GGG and some players may want slower more engaging gameplay but if majority of players prefer fast lawn mowing style mapping with OP/do-it-all builds, thats where the game design gonna head to.
Last edited by GoatimusX on Apr 27, 2017, 10:15:40 PM
As time goes by peoples preferences sometimes change, mine certainly have. Its good that they embrace change rather then being rooted in the past. This will keep the game fresh and populated which will also make them successful.

Fight censorship
https://www.reddit.com/r/The_Donald/
"
鬼殺し wrote:
"
Reizoko wrote:
Is GGG still making the game they want to play? No, and they shouldn't. That's why most businesses fail, the executives assume their target audience wants the same as them, or have some weird assumptions about their target audience which is not true. GGG has time in time again publicly displayed some of the metrics they track, so it is safe to assume that analytics and quantitative data plays a role in making decisions at GGG. And it should.

VERY good answer.

I think we got our answer. They want to draw in a larger playerbase which I can fully understand. The game becomes more accessible to more people, so that is not too bad, I guess.

Like your signature.

"
鬼殺し wrote:

GGG and some players may want slower more engaging gameplay but if majority of players prefer fast lawn mowing style mapping with OP/do-it-all builds, thats where the game design gonna head to.

Majority rules.
Adapt with the times or die. PoE would not be where it is without at least some concessions to appease the majority.

Does anyone remember loot tension?
IGN: Arlianth
Check out my LA build: 1782214
Last edited by Nephalim on Apr 27, 2017, 11:37:34 PM
"
鬼殺し wrote:
else you obsess like crazy over every detail. And these days, no one can really afford to do that.

Apple. Apple can and does. Every little detail. Down to the pixel. Down to the letter. Down to the ligature. Down to the kerning. They do and they have made a fortune that eclipses the wealth of most countries doing it. GTFO here with your pathetic excuses to live in a world where mediocrity is something to be proud of and you can sleep soundly knowing that's how it "ought" to be. You either take great pride in your work and push yourself to make it better and more perfect at every turn or you sit down at the kiddie table and let the big boys handle it.

Kk, I'm done with you, bye.
Deliver pain exquisite
"
鬼殺し wrote:
Not only are Apple products not free, they're priced at a premium and don't play well with others. They are exclusive, and have in the past created rifts between 'those who use Apple products' and 'those who use other brands'.

Here at the business school we call those "network effects" and/or "switching costs."
Need game info? Check out the Wiki at: https://www.poewiki.net/

Contact support@grindinggear.com for account issues. Check out How to Report Bugs + Post Images at: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/18347
Last edited by adghar on Apr 28, 2017, 12:14:49 AM
"
"
鬼殺し wrote:
else you obsess like crazy over every detail. And these days, no one can really afford to do that.

Apple. Apple can and does. Every little detail. Down to the pixel. Down to the letter. Down to the ligature. Down to the kerning. They do and they have made a fortune that eclipses the wealth of most countries doing it. GTFO here with your pathetic excuses to live in a world where mediocrity is something to be proud of and you can sleep soundly knowing that's how it "ought" to be. You either take great pride in your work and push yourself to make it better and more perfect at every turn or you sit down at the kiddie table and let the big boys handle it.

Kk, I'm done with you, bye.

Apple? Lol, no. Did you forget rushed release of the first iPhone? You couldn't even send MMS with it. Lot of common functionallity was unfinished.
don't worry once vaal pact is gone the game will be terrifying again

can't wait
"
_Saranghaeyo_ wrote:
Do they really play though

I mean end game not like level 50 and in Cruel etc

Once upon a time I was the owner of a popular mod for a very popular RPG.
I loved the game and before being a modder I played it several hours a day, but as I become a modder everything changed quickly, I just couldn't play the game in the same way anymore... for two reasons.
The first is that while playing new ideas always came to my mind... new things to add or stuff to tweak... so I was often back to "work" soon after starting a new playthru.
The second is that as soon as you know every single bit that's behind the game you see it in a different way.. playing it loses some of its magic, "working" on it is the new playing.
I know this happens to most developers with their games... so I bet it's the same thing for many GGG devs.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info