The change Blood Magic needs for technical and Flavour reasons

Spend ES instead of life for auras is the thing blood magic needs

>You already do this with LL with life instead of ES so it only seems fair to make it the same for life

CI already gets a benefit for going CI and can use mana for auras
How about, adding a keystone behind blood magic called "Potential"/"Prevail"
-depending on how much damage you took from life recently, increase damage reduction %, increase evasion rate, and increase critical strike rate. Duration extended if you killed recently.
"
Randomzx wrote:
-depending on how much damage you took from life recently, increase damage reduction %, increase evasion rate, and increase critical strike rate. Duration extended if you killed recently.

This made me think of a keystone behind Bloodmagic

"Blood in the eyes"

Adds 10% of damaged life as physical damage to your attack

Reserved life doesnt work
ES doesnt work

only Life

By Damaged life i mean, if you have been hit and are at 5000/11000 life

Then your next hit has 500-500 additional physical damage
ZiggyD is the Labyrinth of streamers, some like it, some dont, but GGG will make sure to push it down ur throat to make you like it
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Randomzx wrote:

"Blood in the eyes"

ES doesnt work

only Life

facebreaker totaly aproves that idea XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zmSavFgwY

self found league fan

http://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/324242/page/1

Last edited by caboom on Apr 24, 2017, 11:12:50 PM
"
caboom wrote:
"
Sexcalibure wrote:
"
Randomzx wrote:

"Blood in the eyes"

ES doesnt work

only Life

facebreaker totaly aproves that idea XD
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7zmSavFgwY

Given the level of scaling your FB shield charge poison build just got uber op. I have a 952FB on standard and would certainly approve of this idea :)

Cheers,
Matt.
There are 10 types of people. Those that know binary, and those that dont.
"Converts all mana to life. Spends life instead of mana for skills.
Mana regeneration has no effect".

Nuff said.

But on a more general note, I miss "directional" paths after keystones. Two-three different notables after a keystone, where you can only choose one. This would be, in lack of better words; awesome.

Example: After the keystone "Blood Magic", you can choose between the notables "Blood Skin" (10% damage reduction), "Blood Boil" (10% more damage) or "Mortal Conviction", where all the current nodes are gathered into one.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
Last edited by Phrazz on Apr 25, 2017, 5:16:04 AM
"
Sexcalibure wrote:

So make BM the ultimate AFk flipper build?

On a side note, Sarn can t handle 3 guys with demi without insane lag. Imagine about 15 people big like demigods.... the instance would crash
Forum pvp
Last edited by lolozori on Apr 25, 2017, 11:00:22 AM
"
TheAshmaker wrote:
Blood magic honestly needs something to boost it. Themeatically from other games, movies, and pop culture, blood magic has incredible power because of the sacrifice.

In PoE this wouldnt be a terrible mantra to follow. Since no auras can be used more powerful offensive skills or AoE shouldnt really be that outrageous of an addition. Perhaps inherent AoE size on the keystone itself and a node behind allowing for more damage multiplier(s) but at the expensive of greatly increased skill "mana" costs (i.e. The more you hurt yourself the more damage you do)

So, something like mana cost grants an equivalent increased/more damage. 8 mana cost skill = 8% increased damage. Interesting :)
I respecced my RF Juggernaut to use BM, using Essence Worm to run Purity of Fire with no cost, but the results were disappointing. I only got about 500 more life (7500 > 8000 approx), as the extra life % was offset by a reduction in base life. I couldn't get quite the same life regen % as before, so it didn't feel that great.

I could have used an extra aura with the 50% reservation, but that would have resulted in less effective life than not using BM at all.

My thought was that the active skill (Cyclone - CoH - Flammability - Reduced Mana - Fortify) wouldn't use a lot of mana/life, and it was mainly being used to apply the curse, elemental equilibrium and fortify

The experiment was worth trying, but I'll be respeccing out of it with the next reset unless there are significant changes to the blood magic concept. The slightly increased RF damage isn't worth the loss of 2-3 auras and some life regen.
"
caboom wrote:
"
Namcap wrote:

There are very strong BM low-life builds that run like 12 auras.

what kind of builds are we talking here? pure life builds or some low life ES that took BM?

Highlighted for you.

Who in their right mind would run around with low life without ES?
3.5 build: https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2299519

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info