Act Six: The Brine King Fight

whoever came up with the waterfall idea hooolly christ you guys are damn serious!! cannot wait to play it
Amazing =D , when is the ETA for beta?

-Zims-
That fight looked and sounded great! The wall of water! Love everything about it.
You died? FeelsBadMan

This fight looks amazing, and really has an epic feel to it. It's an excellent showcase of some of the technical improvements made to Path of Exile over the last while - this would not have looked good a couple of years ago. Really excited for this and other new bosses! :)
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
If I haven't missed something essential, players will be around 50ish at the end of act six, right?
Thus won't have the full end game issues with a trillion minion, totems and what not hindering sight and so on...

In other words.. the video was a pure showcase... nothing else :)

And yeah I relly like the looks of it!

Oh hey, it's a boss where auramancers can reach everyone with their auras :D lol
Very pretty. Now give us real 3.0 details!
Wow.

Awesome water effects, and I enjoy seeing a boss that isn't teleporting all over the place. However, this is another confined area boss with burst damage, and a long fight (not sure what level/dps/life that character has vs the boss).
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
"
SaiyanZ wrote:
"
Shipman wrote:
"
yungwhiz wrote:
Fight is cool. Hopefully that time to kill is for demonstration purposes only though.

It's 2 minutes and it's a boss fight, they're suppose to be long. One shotting bosses is stupid.

He didn't kill the boss. Could be an hour fight for all we know.
\

Based on the rate of the water closing in(Obviously indicating fight time) it's pretty obvious the fight was nearly over either way, at the end of the day it's literally impossible for the fight to be "an hour fight" and even saying that is just silly.

All in all the fight looks great to me, and I like the way that the arena gets smaller over time, forcing you to play better mechanically, especially for ranged builds.
Last edited by Lord_Izanagi on Apr 20, 2017, 9:04:10 AM
"
Lord_Izanagi wrote:
Based on the rate of the water closing in(Obviously indicating fight time) it's pretty obvious the fight was nearly over either way, at the end of the day it's literally impossible for the fight to be "an hour fight" and even saying that is just silly.

You have no clue how often the water closing occurs, how long it's supposed to last, if it's tied to the bosses' life, or anything. Nothing is shown here. So yes, it's silly to say this is an house fight, but it's also silly to say the fight was almost over. This is just a teaser video, and none of us know how long the fight is supposed to be. But from the recorded time of the fight here, it's indicative of a boss battle that's too long for my tastes. Then again, most of the end-game boss battles are too long for my tastes.
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
Last edited by cipher_nemo on Apr 20, 2017, 9:21:36 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info