YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

"
Honestly, I feel that the reason that trade changes are just not happening and why GGG feels that the current state of trade is in a "critical" condition is protecting the status quo. They as a company have a reliable group of individuals who support them financially and provide free advertising who are heavily invested in the current system. Most of the people who would be hurt by the introduction of an AH are those that currently "control" the market or are representing the top portion of the most dedicated players.

An AH wouldn't hurt the person trying to buy a jewel and not having to spend half an hour looking for someone who would sell it to them, it would hurt the people who spend most of their time listing items at prices the market simply refuses to respond to.

This all comes down to who you are catering to, really that is the crux of the issue involving the AH. The current stance that GGG has requires you to be "hardcore" enough about trading to reap its benefits. A system designed for the audience they are desperately attempting to keep. The problem being that said audience given their dedication to the game requires an exceptional level of challenge to be satisfied, leaving the rest of the system woefully skewed towards an unrealistic standard.

Sadly this stance also shows that GGG is willing to damn everyone to satisfy the needs of a very niche audience (honestly lets not kid ourselves about who this represents) and refuse even the concept of testing a system that would offer an alternative.

I couldn't have said this better myself. Kudos. Oh, and QFT!
▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▒▒▒▒░░░░░ cipher_nemo ░░░░░▒▒▒▒ │ Waggro Level: ♠○○○○ │ 1244
▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀
They should use captcha everytime you search for something on poe trade. That would make trading even more fun according to some of these people.
The main problem I can see with making trading much faster, easier and accessible than it is now, and the main difference between, poe and D3, is that the currency in poe is also the crafting materials.

If there's 2 to 3 times as much of everything available, then it no longer becomes econmically viable to craft stuff, because it's as hard and costly to craft as before, but the influx of readily available dropped gear of similar power levels means it'll always be worth less than the cost to craft.

An AH would require a complete overhaul of currency, crafting, drop rates, pretty much everything that makes PoE, PoE.

I'm not saying I'm against some sort of AH system. I'm not. But it would require so much work that I don't ever see it happening.

(that and the fact that in the QA they just did like 2 weeks ago, they flat out said they don't want trading to be too easy, and were worried that it was too easy at the moment. Can't see them making it even easier in the future.)
Implying we don't have AH already, lol.
Real knowledge is to know the extent of one's ignorance.
Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.
https://joeduncan123.imgur.com
https://joeduncan1234.imgur.com
"
Zanockthael wrote:
The main problem I can see with making trading much faster, easier and accessible than it is now, and the main difference between, poe and D3, is that the currency in poe is also the crafting materials.

If there's 2 to 3 times as much of everything available, then it no longer becomes econmically viable to craft stuff, because it's as hard and costly to craft as before, but the influx of readily available dropped gear of similar power levels means it'll always be worth less than the cost to craft.

An AH would require a complete overhaul of currency, crafting, drop rates, pretty much everything that makes PoE, PoE.

I'm not saying I'm against some sort of AH system. I'm not. But it would require so much work that I don't ever see it happening.

(that and the fact that in the QA they just did like 2 weeks ago, they flat out said they don't want trading to be too easy, and were worried that it was too easy at the moment. Can't see them making it even easier in the future.)

I think it's just matter of time when AH will be brought in game. There is already running AH in chinese version. After they test it and tweak it, I can't see why it'd not be imported to international version. And they've choosen best environment for the test :)
"
logosys wrote:

I think it's just matter of time when AH will be brought in game. There is already running AH in chinese version. After they test it and tweak it, I can't see why it'd not be imported to international version. And they've choosen best environment for the test :)

Huh. Well, now I'm confused. What they're saying and what they're doing seem to be two different things.

It might just be that they're implementing an AH for the xbox version they're creating. By it's nature, the balance of everything would have to be built from the ground up. It's not like they can rely on a 3rd party website for trading on a console version of the game.

I guess only GGG knows, and they ain't saying. :P
"
Perq wrote:

Are you implying that we do have one?

There's no auctions going on over at PoE trade. There's no "house". There's no instant buyout. No offline trading. There's a search engine that requires people to party up to trade. In my eyes FAR from an auction house, no matter how you define it.

And THAT is one of the biggest problems this debate has; people defines "AH" as they see fit, and gets heavily misunderstood during the process. If we stop defining every trade improvement as an "AH", we can start talking about the things we do in fact WANT to change.

I don't really care what they do with trading. I do HOPE that the requirement of player interaction remains. But as long as they reserve some sense of progression throughout the game, and that the new "trade system" won't hurt the game for those players wanting to experience this progression on their own, I don't care much.

I do believe this game needs trading. But the goal CANNOT be to hit the market every time you feel somewhat under-geared. There NEEDS to be a "break" of some sort of trading, because if it becomes too easy and too effective, the whole god damn game is at risk.
Sometimes, just sometimes, you should really consider adapting to the world, instead of demanding that the world adapts to you.
"
Phrazz wrote:
"
Perq wrote:

Are you implying that we do have one?

There's no auctions going on over at PoE trade. There's no "house". There's no instant buyout. No offline trading. There's a search engine that requires people to party up to trade. In my eyes FAR from an auction house, no matter how you define it.

And THAT is one of the biggest problems this debate has; people defines "AH" as they see fit, and gets heavily misunderstood during the process. If we stop defining every trade improvement as an "AH", we can start talking about the things we do in fact WANT to change.

I don't really care what they do with trading. I do HOPE that the requirement of player interaction remains. But as long as they reserve some sense of progression throughout the game, and that the new "trade system" won't hurt the game for those players wanting to experience this progression on their own, I don't care much.

I do believe this game needs trading. But the goal CANNOT be to hit the market every time you feel somewhat under-geared. There NEEDS to be a "break" of some sort of trading, because if it becomes too easy and too effective, the whole god damn game is at risk.

We essentially do have one, in POETRADE. The only problems it has are
1)out of game
2)must be in same zone together :/
3)Both have to stop playing the game, or not be afk
4)price fixing(scam)
5)no instant buyout

A Break? what else do you expect to have people do when they feel undergeared? If we get that feeling we will always look for upgrades, which for traders will mean trading for them. What we have now is already very easy, just can be a hassle at times.

IGN:Axe_Crazy
I WHANT AUCTION HOUSE NOW !!!!
I loved the D3 Auction house. Had something to work towards instead of pure RNG.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info