YOU MORONS CRYING FOR AUCTION HOUSE DIDNT SEE D3

"
defektiv wrote:

Don't. It's one thing to pay for items that are purely cosmetic. It's another thing to pay for items that enable you to partially or even entirely skip the grind. Only someone who relies on the latter would attempt to blur the line so they look the same.

Sorry but that is BS. They are the same thing, whether its to look pretty in a game, or look and feel strong beating content, its the same thing. I personally do not mind the grind usually and do not mind building in game wealth. Though i do not have a problem with people who might not have the time in their life to fully enjoy a game, so they choose to spend $$$ irl to help them. I am against game dev's designing crap looking items just so they can sell MTX that looks better and flashier, however here i am playing POE that supports their game in that exact way, LOL. It is what it is, hah.

My point is, i would most assuredly blur that line, as they are the same thing 100%, yet i am a player who would never rely on using $$ to skip content, nor will i ever pay $$ just to look prettier in a game, LOL.
IGN:Axe_Crazy
All we really need is async trading
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Ecofatalis wrote:
...I mean i am running the map calculating the currency drops vs investment with my MF gear 125 IIQ /205 IIR + Bisco and thinking ....whats the fucking point ?...

And that there is your mistake. You should play to enjoy it. If your current character is godly good, never challenged and thus boring, then just create a new, more fun char. Even if it earns less currency/hour. This game is meant to be fun, not a job.

What are you talking about ? Playing in a loot based game where gear is worthless ? What's the meta now ? Don't open chests, Don't stop to loot, pick up only currency ? I am not a RMT farmer FFS. If the gear and gear drops do not bring excitement anymore then whats the point ?
Shifting thru TONS of crap even with the best filter to find that one Decent item just to find out its worth less then 10C because its not ALL T1 mods ? I mean i am running maps FOR maps and currency ..... that's it.
There are like 3 or 4 uniqs worth finding 1 of them is 95% obtained by chancing or Div Cards and another can only drop from lvl 84 mobs for the others you need to defeat a HUGE CHEST and they are making more and more new uniqs that a horde of drooling chancers drives to dirt prices within a week....
T1 - T14 is a boring currency grind People are chasing Cadiro or Div Cards or Chancing or Running Keys ..... All but actually killing mobs .....
Every t15 t16 map is like 15-25 chaos on top of that if you want half a chance at something you need another 30 chaos in sextants + Chisels + Sac pieces + League stones . All that to find tons of useless crap and orbs/keys ofc you gone calculate your drops vs investment if you don't ull run out of cerrency to play the game FFS.
IGN : xXxNocturnexXx
Last edited by Ecofatalis on Apr 11, 2017, 4:54:48 PM
"
Fencers wrote:
I played Diablo 3 on day one- no, I didn't get that error code. Loved the auction house. Never had an issue with it at all. The game itself was poorly balanced and designed.

D3's problems stemmed from fundamental design decisions that are still present in the game despite the Ah being long gone now.

Bad design is bad design.

Other games have functioning auction houses with robust economies that is not the wild west of bartering and RELIANCE ON A VEIL OF IGNORANCE to control the market.

There MUST always be strict market regulation. People are too stupid to do it themselves.
what other games?

gimme a single loot-based arpg always-online game (can't cheat client-side) in which every item can be traded where the auction house isnt the best way to play the game

again, it's a simple axiom. in such an environment, an instbuyout ah is always the best way to play the game which is about gear. and if it isn't, there is no need for ah as players get everything they need in like 5 hours of gameplay.
"
Slaanesh69 wrote:
All D3 proved was that humans are innately stupid and will pay actual real dolla dolla bills for pixels. Like serious swag.

Actually, that should be ARPG humans. But it also applies to casual phone/tablet game humans as well. And Farmville - you know people spent thousands of dollars on that fucking game.

Anyway, you can't fix stupid, nor can you fix corrupted, so how will an AH ever work?
no, all it proved that for some people it was OK to pay 700$ for Natalie's ring in order to save time needed to grind it.

of course, it makes little sense as arpg is all about gear so they only cheated themselves really. but to them it was worth to pay to win and then thinking that they won and the put the game away. Instant gratification crowd can't deal with the fact that in a game with no skill they need to invest hundred of hours to win.
"
Yo I fucking made so MUCH MONEY irl in D3 AH paid some fucking bills.

ya. rmt is great if you're on the selling side :) paid for a new computer during my college years (darkfall online)
"
Ecofatalis wrote:
"
SisterBlister wrote:
"
Ecofatalis wrote:
...I mean i am running the map calculating the currency drops vs investment with my MF gear 125 IIQ /205 IIR + Bisco and thinking ....whats the fucking point ?...

And that there is your mistake. You should play to enjoy it. If your current character is godly good, never challenged and thus boring, then just create a new, more fun char. Even if it earns less currency/hour. This game is meant to be fun, not a job.

What are you talking about ? Playing in a loot based game where gear is worthless ? What's the meta now ? Don't open chests, Don't stop to loot, pick up only currency ? I am not a RMT farmer FFS. If the gear and gear drops do not bring excitement anymore then whats the point ?
Shifting thru TONS of crap even with the best filter to find that one Decent item just to find out its worth less then 10C because its not ALL T1 mods ? I mean i am running maps FOR maps and currency ..... that's it.
There are like 3 or 4 uniqs worth finding 1 of them is 95% obtained by chancing or Div Cards and another can only drop from lvl 84 mobs for the others you need to defeat a HUGE CHEST and they are making more and more new uniqs that a horde of drooling chancers drives to dirt prices within a week....
T1 - T14 is a boring currency grind People are chasing Cadiro or Div Cards or Chancing or Running Keys ..... All but actually killing mobs .....
Every t15 t16 map is like 15-25 chaos on top of that if you want half a chance at something you need another 30 chaos in sextants + Chisels + Sac pieces + League stones . All that to find tons of useless crap and orbs/keys ofc you gone calculate your drops vs investment if you don't ull run out of cerrency to play the game FFS.

You completely missed my point. Gear can only be worthless if you look exclusively at its trade value, rather than the value for improving your toon. And there are huge amounts of items which improve your toon, unless of course you already traded for all the standard bis gear. But why play then? If that is how you play, of course it makes no sense to open barrels and play low maps. Man, rather spend more time in your job, earn real currency and go on a trip then. See real stuff, do real things. Playing a game just to hoard pixels without enjoying the process is insane, don't do it.
May your maps be bountiful, exile
The chase is a great part of the thrill of the game.

Even if you need to use an archaic system that is far from perfect.

Problem the d3 AH had, which not many of you seem to get, is that it completely eliminated the chase with instant gratification.

You ever seen rich kids? Theyre fucking bored. Same idea, no hunger.

"The problem with scrubcore is that it is full of of scrubs"
- King Edward the Longshanks
"
eebertay wrote:

Problem the d3 AH had, which not many of you seem to get, is that it completely eliminated the chase with instant gratification.

exactly. and those rich kids are infantile when faced with adversity later on in their life.
"
eebertay wrote:

The biggest difference though is that there is so many more types of item to buy in PoE. D3 was very binary when it came to gearing your characters, so the same type of items always were the only thing that nearly every class needed.

The chase of ARPGs only apply to the super rare items. People get excited when Exalted Orbs or Mirrors drop. Things like Headhunter, Skyforth, and to a lesser extent things like Shavs dropping. Those are the big ticket chase items that people get excited about.

D3 didn't fail because of its AH, it failed because of its game design. Every class can only be its own class, and tons of gear being bis for multiple classes made the chase for items fairly quick. There was just a huge lack of diversity in D3 items. In a three month league system, even with an AH, the majority of the playerbase is still only going to be able to tackle a handful of solid builds to bring into mapping.

And honestly poe.trade is just a poor mans AH and we are still functioning just fine atm.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info