[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

"
WaffleT wrote:
"
livejamie wrote:
Playing around with this and a Green Nightmare/Dream makes it feel a lot better.

You lose a few hundred ES but its probably worth it while leveling when your damage isn't great yet and extra damage on normal clearing is actually noticeable. After a point the only time you notice damage is on tough bosses or the guardians during which the charges will wear off right away and then your average damage will be lower. Kinda expensive for for a leveling item but if you happen to have one then thats great

I bought my Green Dream for 30c, they are 45c at the moment on poe.trade

I think the damage is fine with or without I just move a lot faster through Mesas and Strands with the Frenzy charges. :)
livejamie
"
livejamie wrote:

I bought my Green Dream for 30c, they are 45c at the moment on poe.trade

I think the damage is fine with or without I just move a lot faster through Mesas and Strands with the Frenzy charges. :)

my apologies I must have looked up a green nightmare by accident. I tend to value permanent buffs over temporary ones so I don't tend to use those jewels. Much easier to acquire then
Is there a big difference if i take a 700+ ES rare chest instead of atziris splendour ? ( or a atziris splendour with 700 ev and 530 ES ) ?
Because i can max spend 5 ex for it and for this i can only get 6l 700+ rare ES chest or a 6l splendour with 700 ev and 530ES . Or is there a big difference to the ES Splendour chest and i should wait ?
"
DBB2003 wrote:
Is there a big difference if i take a 700+ ES rare chest instead of atziris splendour ? ( or a atziris splendour with 700 ev and 530 ES ) ?
Because i can max spend 5 ex for it and for this i can only get 6l 700+ rare ES chest or a 6l splendour with 700 ev and 530ES . Or is there a big difference to the ES Splendour chest and i should wait ?

Atziri's splendor gives
ES
Evasion
All resistances
4% increased Int (from the rings, for me thats 43 Int)

Even ignoring the evasion which is pretty good Its actually impossible for a rare to roll with tri res and 40+ int. Getting high ES on top of the other benificial stats is probably not gonna happen either. I'd only go with an ES chest if you found a really good one and you were happy to deal with less damage from Int or already had good jewels to deal with the resistance loss

TLDR: Its possible but very unlikely to beat Atziri's splendor as a chest
hey i have another question. with this build we cap the resistence only by a few points. so what are you doing with all the - resistence maps ?

Also with blade flurry i have up to 20k dps with frost blade up to 160k . So which skill is the best ? ( so whats your opinion ? You have more experience to compare it) For me its difficult to say because i feel at the moment no difference with clearing ( but at the moment i dont do the top tier maps )

And the last thing ;) can you have a look at my char what i should upgrade nex t ? ( i know my boots are crap but i need the 80% chance to avoid ... i work to get sin trek with this stat )

Thx
"
DBB2003 wrote:
hey i have another question. with this build we cap the resistence only by a few points. so what are you doing with all the - resistence maps ?

Also with blade flurry i have up to 20k dps with frost blade up to 160k . So which skill is the best ? ( so whats your opinion ? You have more experience to compare it) For me its difficult to say because i feel at the moment no difference with clearing ( but at the moment i dont do the top tier maps )

And the last thing ;) can you have a look at my char what i should upgrade nex t ? ( i know my boots are crap but i need the 80% chance to avoid ... i work to get sin trek with this stat )

Thx

I run ele weakness maps and just pop bismith or wise oak flask when I see something that could potentially be dangerous which tops up your resistances. Since you kill on sight this is almost nothing anyway. If you really want to overcap your resistances then swapping your helmet into Malachai's Vision and getting some fire resistance on another jewel is probably the best option. Can't say that I think its worth the effort

The stats on your skills don't really matter. Whatever you frost blades numbers are flurry with increased AOE does about 50% more damage. Which tier map you can comfortably do with frost blades depends on the damage of your current character. If its taking time to kill things and slowing you down then swap into flurry, if you are killing in a blink of an eye but keep needing to close the gap then swap into blades for the greater reach and auto targeting

Yeah I'd be looking to upgrade the boots. Buying wise oak or vessel will help your boss killing. Worth keeping an eye out for better rare jewels. A second claw with better %int roll is also good. Blessed orbs drop like candy so you could use a few on your amulet and belt to improve their implicit

Last edited by WaffleT on Apr 17, 2017, 10:39:45 AM
"
WaffleT wrote:

Jewels

We use one Brute force solution jewel on the left, 4 Fertile Mind jewels down in the dex area and 4 other rare jewels.

Actually I count you using 5 Fertile Mind jewels...
"
Kashenbek wrote:

Actually I count you using 5 Fertile Mind jewels...

4 of them are part of the build as they can hit multiple areas to convert into Int.

I'm currently using an extra one I had lying around but its worse then a rare jewel as it only gives 34 Int and will be replaced

can i use this in build or is unqiue one required?
moooo
"
faids4you wrote:

can i use this in build or is unqiue one required?

That amulet doesn't really match what the build needs. If I was to use another amulet it would be eye of chayula but you'd lose alot of damage and ES so I'd still recommend saving up for the Astramentis

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info