[3.5] Pure Uniques Molten Strike HOWA. 4 Mill Shaper DPS, Good Defences

any skill for clear map faster than molten ? i try spectral throw but not work
Any thoughts on using the new elemental hit, with the jewels to block fire/cold?
I have integrated the guardian option into the build and updated the trees to reflect the heart of thunder buffs. It does now seem too appealing to pass up.

"
Zindax wrote:
Lvl 90 update

Thanks for the write up it was interesting. You have gone a bit more defensive focused then me, I just didn't want to lose damage. The guardian version is different enough it could warrant its own thread but splitting the two seems like it would cause more confusion and would be harder to update

"
Darkith1546 wrote:
What do you think about the new helm Mask of the Stitched Demon? It could possibly make a howa life based build. With atziri's mirrior and phase acro a life based version could be pretty strong. I'm not too familiar with making builds though, so it's just an idea I had. I was curious about your thoughts on it.

When this item was announced I spent a bit of time trying to make it work. I ended up with about 6k life and not better damage. ES synergises with int easy and with little tree investment. Life does not. ES on uniques is easy. Life not so much. This item might be workable in a full rares build but I don't think its good enough to build around like that

"
ThisIsPoobpub wrote:
any skill for clear map faster than molten ? i try spectral throw but not work

Wildstrike ancestral call is pretty good. Frostblades is ok but point blank hurts its clear. I just mapped with molten strike

"
nasty69 wrote:
Any thoughts on using the new elemental hit, with the jewels to block fire/cold?

Seems bad to me. Not fun to play and not good damage. I could be missing something but I don't see anything new to make it appealing
Last edited by WaffleT on Jun 10, 2018, 3:21:28 PM
any suggestion wildstrike gem link plz
So im just about to level this build as my 3.3 boss killer.

Anything special i need to keep in mind to level as smooth as possible?

I'm using this right now:

"

passive path to follow? Its confusing that i have to go bottom first but i cannot get to the place where you start the bottom tree unless i do labyrinth which i cannot do at such low level.

"

Skill passive path to follow? what bandits? Also its confusing that i have to go bottom first but i cannot get to the place where you start the bottom tree unless i do labyrinth which i cannot do at such low level.

Also what tabula link is recommended while leveling? having alittle bit of mana issues when using 6 link.

Last edited by Chaoshockwow on Jun 11, 2018, 12:40:15 PM
Will both versions leech the same amount roughly? Or is one better than the other in that regard?
livejamie
"
Chaoshockwow wrote:

Skill passive path to follow? what bandits? Also its confusing that i have to go bottom first but i cannot get to the place where you start the bottom tree unless i do labyrinth which i cannot do at such low level.

Also what tabula link is recommended while leveling? having alittle bit of mana issues when using 6 link.

Gear looks fine. Leveling with a tabula does mean you will be squishier and you will need to invest more into life that you will unspec out of later.

I assume you wanted to play the scion version. You just take the 3 connecting points to reach the area of the bottom area of the tree as normal and then later when you get the ascendency notable you refund the points that are no longer needed.

The scion uses the mind drinker node to sustain its mana. It will take some time before you get this node and have enough damage that is gives all the mana you need. There is a mana leech node next to vitality void at the bottom of the tree that you can use while leveling, also mana flasks and not using a full 6-link yet will help.

All tree links have a box mentioning the bandits. You kill them all for 2 passive points.

"
livejamie wrote:
Will both versions leech the same amount roughly? Or is one better than the other in that regard?

Both versions have vaal pact leech and enough damage to hit that cap of 40% of their total ES per second. I have mentioned on the main page that I believe the guardian to be the stronger version in the current patch due its its higher defenses so even though its leech rate it still 40% per second its comparatively more since the guardian takes 25% less elemental damage and less physical damage through endurance charges and block.
"
WaffleT wrote:
"
Chaoshockwow wrote:

Gear looks fine. Leveling with a tabula does mean you will be squishier and you will need to invest more into life that you will unspec out of later.

I assume you wanted to play the scion version. You just take the 3 connecting points to reach the area of the bottom area of the tree as normal and then later when you get the ascendency notable you refund the points that are no longer needed.

The scion uses the mind drinker node to sustain its mana. It will take some time before you get this node and have enough damage that is gives all the mana you need. There is a mana leech node next to vitality void at the bottom of the tree that you can use while leveling, also mana flasks and not using a full 6-link yet will help.

All tree links have a box mentioning the bandits. You kill them all for 2 passive points.

Thanks for the reply man! I manage to figure this out on my own and its been going great so far trying to take all the +life nodes along the way too!

I'm currently level 57 and have no sustain issues at all except alittle bit of mana but chugging mana flasks helps a lot!

"

Currently using this gear and trying to upgrade to whatever the build guide tells me :)

Trying to figure out how to maintain my resistence throughout he acts.

Also u got any tips of good gem setups for leveling?
Also feel like im lacking damage vs bosses.
Last edited by Chaoshockwow on Jun 11, 2018, 8:57:48 PM
Hello, I've been leveling this build as a Scion/ST variant. However I'm having trouble getting max res, and looking through the endgame gear I'm confused as to how you get capped resistances without any res on accessories. Thanks

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info