[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

"
leeber wrote:
If what you're claiming were true, then neither projectile nor area of effect mods would affect Ball Lightning, and that is certifiably false. It has both the Projectile and AoE tags.

Yes it has both tags. But for AoE work only increased area, not increased dmg(confirmed with wiki and ingame skill tooltip). As for Projectile part there the question what really work, cause skill description states that dmg come from Lightning bolts, not from projectile itself. So pierce/chain/point blank 100% don't work, projectile speed modifiers and gmp/lmp work. Projectile dmg affect tooltip but ZiggyD say it give nothing, so i try to clarify this moment.
"
fenumed wrote:
Why you don't use Voidbringer Conjurer Gloves?

80% inc mana cost is not sustainable for me. And i dont have use for even more people complaining about their mana problems.

"
fenumed wrote:
"Area of Effect damage" passive nodes don't increase dmg of Ball Lightning, so 3+ points in your tree is useless.

Didnt picked them for the area damage, but rather for the inc aoe. That's not uselss.

"
fenumed wrote:
But for AoE work only increased area, not increased dmg(confirmed with wiki and ingame skill tooltip).

AoE will increase your damage, and the increase is huge. Enemys will be getting hit more often from the same ball. (Who cares about tooltip? -only posers)

In addition, inc AoE improves your clearspeed.

"
fenumed wrote:
Projectile dmg affect tooltip but ZiggyD say it give nothing, so i try to clarify this moment.

Thats right, the boots are still good anyways. I should change some jewels meanwhile tho.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
Last edited by onlyjb on Jun 7, 2017, 3:32:59 AM
"
onlyjb wrote:

80% inc mana cost is not sustainable for me.

You can buy them with 40% inc mana cost roll which easier to sustain. For me this gloves add ~15% dps, also i put auras in them, so heralds get +1 gemlvl.

"
onlyjb wrote:

AoE will increase your damage, and the increase is huge. Enemys will be getting hit more often from the same ball. (Who cares about tooltip? -only posers)
In addition, inc AoE improves your clearspeed.

Enemies cant be hit more often from same ball, it always 5 hits per sec. Bigger aoe radius increase time that ball can hit same target, that all. Of course this also give some benefit, but not so huge.

"
onlyjb wrote:

Thats right, the boots are still good anyways. I should change some jewels meanwhile tho.

Then maybe change faster/slower projectiles to lmp(for clearspeed) and culling strike(for solotarget).

And some suggestion for passive tree:
look at Light of Divinity node, for 2pp u get 25% spelldmg, 4%castspeed, 10str, 10int;
Blast radius node(and it cluster) can be changed to Practical Application - +1 free pp, 20str, 20dex and cast interruption avoidance on stun(which is problem for this build).
The gloves can be used, saw them already on ppl who played my build. I tried them myself and atleast for me they are not an option.

The AoE effect is insanly huge, specialy when stacking it with extreme slow projectiles due to helmet enchantment and Slower Projectiles Support. Dont forget that the build relys heavy on hitting as much as possible to trigger Choir of the Storm's lightning bolts.

LMP/GMP dont have any use for me, i am using a Dying Sun. To cull i'd rather suggest Heartbreaker in weapon swap and stay with full dmg before cull range.

Light of Divinity was speced in a earlier version of this build, i decided to drop it later to safe some points i wanted to spend in other sections - it can be picked tho. Dropping Blast Radius is no option for me, again dont underestimate the cumulativ effect of slowness & aoe to trigger CotS as much as possible.

I never wanted to hunt for high tooltip, but deal damage as much as i can. My personal expressions and "try-and-error's" made me decide to pick thoose nodes you may not like.

Feel free to modify the build as you like anyways, and please share your results with the community! :)
Last edited by onlyjb on Jun 7, 2017, 6:00:15 AM
This build looks like a blast! I'll give it a try. Thanks for the write up!
Is ES a viable for this build in 3.x or are you thinking of a life-based version for 3.x?
All that and a bag of chips!
While we cant be sure about all upcoming passive changes i cant tell yet.

A life based version might be possible, the challenge would be to get 5B 1G on a nice life armor.

I rather think of an "faster ES recharge start" (fESrs) version of this build. Dropping VP will let us safe about 12 points. If we get more fESrs in the tree, all thoose points can be spend there. Otherwise i'd spend them into higher % ES, as we will need prob more of thoose with nerfed ES.

All that is a first rudimental theocrafting - more information will follow when the final patchnotes for 3.0 are released. And who knows? Maybe they change the tree in a way that makes even hybrid viable...
Is there any reason why your Warlord's Mark is lvl 10 and quality 0%?
If not, what do you recommend?
Last edited by thrish2 on Jun 17, 2017, 12:11:59 PM
"
thrish2 wrote:
Is there any reason why your Warlord's Mark is lvl 10 and quality 0%?

I dont have enough strenght (and no reason to build it, beside Warlord's Mark) to level it further. The quality bonus can be added, it provides a higher chance for endurance charges only tho.
hey, im playing stormcall with pledge of hands but id like to try out ball lightning. is it possible togo ball lightning with pledge? and what would u do s the '7th' link?

also what about controlled destruction and diamond flask (in some of your videos u use the flask)?
Last edited by bahnschranke on Jul 11, 2017, 10:21:29 AM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info