[3.1] The Laserbeam! Crit Ball Lightning build - Clearspeed & Bosskills!

I like the looks of the build, would mind over matter fit into it? or would it leave you oom against the big hitters?
Can you please make a paste bin for this build so we can open it on Path Of Building?
HI guys, it's noob here. I've finished 2 last seasons with killing everything except for shaper and uber atziry, my aim for this season is to kill these two. Is this build viable for this ? Is it cheap enough for leaguestarter ? Is this build viable in 3.0 ? Haven't played 2 months and forget everything about the game ). ty.
"
Uberness wrote:
would mind over matter fit into it?

I guess no, feel free to try it anyways and change my mind :P

"
AtlasOmega wrote:
Can you please make a paste bin for this build so we can open it on Path Of Building?

https://pastebin.com/urnjZgre (Skilltree + Gemlinks, im too lazy to add gear...)

"
old_nihilist wrote:
shaper and uber atziry, my aim for this season is to kill these two. Is this build viable for this ?

I killed many many Shaper's and did some Aluring Abyss. Yes it is viable.

"
old_nihilist wrote:
Is it cheap enough for leaguestarter ?

It was insanly cheap, now Choir of Storm is much more expensive. You could beat Shaper with 2-4ex gear anyways is think.

"
old_nihilist wrote:
Is this build viable in 3.0 ?

I changed the build, so that it reaches the same effective health than before - without satisfying damage. It is still viable tho.
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210
The lvl 85 and 100 of the tree doesn't work.
Why do you grab Blood Drinker if Ball Lightning doesn't get the leech from it? Is it just for the health?
May I know how did you manage to achieve such a high casting speed?

None of your gear seems to have enough cast speed to account for the stats shown under the spells, neither did I noticed that you invested into any cast speed spells.

So what is your secret?
Took some inspiration from this build after deciding Storm Burst isn't worth it. Thanks for making the build. A few questions, though.

Increased Area Damage does not affect ball lightning. You can save one skill point by taking out the Blast Radius and Area Damage does in the Witch section, and only taking the two Area of Effect nodes (which do work with BL). Or is there some other reason you are taking it (I guess it does affect HoI explosions)?

Also, the Templar start seems really wasteful. Is it really worth saving two passives and taking travel nodes instead of just going through the spellpower?

I'm experimenting with MoM at the moment with this build, but so far I feel like I'm lacking a bit of mana, even after taking the mana nodes behind. I guess better gear would alleviate the issue and also if I switch to pledge of hands later that would solve everything. Would lose a lot of crit and resists, though.
Love the build so far, I'm lvl 54. One problem on your build page is the Lvl 85 and 100 Skill tree links, link to an empty tree.

EDIT : NEVERMIND Found new links at top of build.
Last edited by HeadlongFlight on Aug 9, 2017, 9:19:01 AM
"
skivtor wrote:
The lvl 85 and 100 of the tree doesn't work.

Please dont use the old tree, but thoose from the 3.0 spoiler on top of the build instead.

"
Kelvinnn wrote:
Why do you grab Blood Drinker if Ball Lightning doesn't get the leech from it?

Just the life, right.

"
Erik9631 wrote:
May I know how did you manage to achieve such a high casting speed?
[...]
So what is your secret?

Not really a secret. Take a look at the Ascension and keep in mind that i used dual Voidbattery for stat screenshots.

"
zebala wrote:
Increased Area Damage does not affect ball lightning.

I explained that many times in this thread now: it is about the increased area of effect. This will improve your clear on the one hand, and even your DPS on the other. Imagine the balls have bigger AOE. Every single ball can hit the same enemy more often with that. High AOE = GG :)

"
zebala wrote:
Also, the Templar start seems really wasteful. Is it really worth saving two passives and taking travel nodes instead of just going through the spellpower?

I didnt optimized the 3.0 tree as much as the 2.6 version yet (i enjoy playing too much right now :P).
Once im done with my Warchief Totem build ill go for this build here again and overhaul everything.

Feel free to change the skilltree and share improvements here. If i like them, they'll prolly be added to the build.

"
zebala wrote:
I switch to pledge of hands later that would solve everything. Would lose a lot of crit and resists, though.

Cant recomend that - if u want to beat the highest bosses, Whirling Blades is a must have :P
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/1880210

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info