Melee?

For a melee tourney I'd use con effect RF with a dagger. Might pepper in molten shell to keep it spicy. Ofc I'll have my weapon swap of cospris discharge ready just in case I run into another melee pro.
🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
"
Márkusz wrote:
By your logic Molten Shell is melee.

By your logic of using a melee weapon Spectral Throw is melee.

By in-game definition offscreening Lacerate is melee.

I hope you realise there is an exception to most of your arguments, or in general every ascpect of the game.

There is no solid threshold which below a projectile attack is considered melee unless you say so. You can scale down ST to be super small, will it be melee? I don't think so. But you can say otherwise.

If you rule out melee-range skills because they are being a spell, or not using a melee weapon, you can rule out MS projectiles because not having the melee tag.

MARKUSSZZZ

MELEE WEAPON FROM MELEE RANGE BRO DO YOU HEAR IT?
OMG.

MELEE. WEAPON. FROM. MELEE RANGE. Thats what molten strike is.
you give me MOLTEN SHELL as an example?

LACERATE? you can sweep whole screen with that. it doesnt force you to face bosses at all.

MELEE WEAPON FROM MELEE RANGE.

should i say more so you can understand?

i defined what melee range is in my previous post.

let me repeat.

molten strikes is a melee skill, taht you use with melee weapon from melee range(which you can proc fortify with) and i'm asking, why heavy strike is cool and molten strikes is not?

Molten strikes attacks from melee range with melee weapon but primarily doesnt deal "melee hit" damage.

molten strikes is something that you do with your melee weapon from melee range, and giving ST as an example is just an example of "reductio ad absurdum:

"
In logic, reductio ad absurdum (Latin for "reduction to absurdity"; or argumentum ad absurdum, "argument to absurdity") is a form of argument which attempts either to disprove a statement by showing it inevitably leads to a ridiculous, absurd, or impractical conclusion, or to prove one by showing that if it were not true, the result would be absurd or impossible.[1][2] Traced back to classical Greek philosophy in Aristotle's Prior Analytics (Greek: ἡ Εις άτοπον απαγωγή, translit. hê eis atopon apagôgê, lit. 'reduction to the impossible'),[2] this technique has been used throughout history in both formal mathematical and philosophical reasoning, as well as in debate.

OMG MELEE RANGE WITH MELEE WEAPON. OH i will give you such example that makes your arguments look like wrong... let's exaggerate your claims and put the most ridiculous example:
LET ME SHOW MY REDUCTIO AD ABSURDUM TO YOU, ST... WITH SLOWER PROJECTILEES XAXAXA. even dota 2k mmr people don't do such stuff.

i'm not saying molten is ENTIRELY melee, but its a melee skill that does have melee playstyle and IF you have a melee weapon, you can kill bosses as fast as bows or wanders as i have proven. it's an effective skill to kill bosses with melee weapons from melee range. are we okay on that?

now people who invested on melee weapons doesnt have lesser damage than bows or wanders. that's amazing. melee can actually do good! thats my point. see as you want. melee is not dead!

anyway ahfack,

you are calling rayamn scammer, while promoting your axe for 240ex which can't even kill shaper probably faster than oro's.? isn't that scamming too?

seriously? can you show us what your 1# cyclone weapon can do?

surprise me.

260ex disfavour +2 range too. loool.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
Last edited by Rupenus on May 29, 2017, 1:14:13 PM
Rup, you come off like you're some fucking self-proclaimed POE Prodigy, yet you can't seem to figure out why Heavy Strike would be more (multiplier) legit than Molten Strike?

Even I can figure this shit out, the fuck's the matter with you?
Lavender or Leave.
PvPresident, 2016
//
You'd better run.
“EA is fine” -relith
Crit Oro's Molten Striker with over half a dozen boulders overlapping at once per hit? Remove the crit and it still > any single target "melee" skill. Remove the extra boulders and just use the default 3....it still >>>>>.

That's how poorly designed skills are in this game. Look at Blast Rain with its 48% base damage x multiple arrows completely shitting on 9k+ life brass dome users thus proving even without crit multi aoe overlap is brooooooooooooooken as fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck.

Rup take that Oro's use another skill, Lacerate even and go do the same Shaper run. So you're going from half a dozen projectiles to 2. Then go down to 1 single target "melee" skill and come report in your results.
GGG, the ADA of gaming....huuuur i gotz mai skilz.
IGN: MullaXul
Last edited by MullaXul on May 29, 2017, 1:18:45 PM
"
Rup, you come off like you're some fucking self-proclaimed POE Prodigy, yet you can't seem to figure out why Heavy Strike would be more (multiplier) legit than Molten Strike?

what am i saying is there is no legit, people brainfarts it. it's made up, all "unlegit" all these things people put into jars and tag with unlegit because it hurts their conformism.
"You have great power. You're right to be proud. It's unfortunate you have to die now, but I will honor you with 45% of my strength."
"
Rupenus wrote:
"

what am i saying is there is no legit, people brainfarts it. it's made up, all "unlegit" all these things people put into jars and tag with unlegit because it hurts their conformism.

No, there is "legit". Obviously it's all based on user perception but there are tools completely opposite of the ones commonly used that suck soooooo much ass that they are "legit". Go pick up a single target melee skill, spend a few days PvPing people.
Last edited by MullaXul on May 29, 2017, 1:28:54 PM
I'm not going to continue this argument if you just get triggered whatever opposing thing I say, and ignore my arguments. I may be wrong, but you failed to prove it.

"
Rupenus wrote:
state your opinions, give the reasons, give arguments. aren't we here to weight our opinions and see what is rignt? or we are here to win forum pvp duels?

Back to what others originally tried to point out, your build being successful is the result of projectile properties, not melee. You add a huge layer of damage multiplier by adding additional projectiles, being able to use projectile support gems, and projectile passive nodes.

There are many other builds that are dealing damage in melee-range, and not considered melee builds, there are many other builds that use melee weapons (there are only 2 types of weapon that are not melee in the game) and are not considered melee.

I'm not discussing the coolness or creativity of your build, I'm just saying, technically it's not melee, but it's subjective matter it seems.
IGN: Márkusz
My builds: thread/1600072
( •_•)>⌐■-■
(⌐■_■)
"
Márkusz wrote:
I'm not going to continue this argument if you just get triggered whatever opposing thing I say, and ignore my arguments. I may be wrong, but you failed to prove it.

"
Rupenus wrote:
state your opinions, give the reasons, give arguments. aren't we here to weight our opinions and see what is rignt? or we are here to win forum pvp duels?

Back to what others originally tried to point out, your build being successful is the result of projectile properties, not melee. You add a huge layer of damage multiplier by adding additional projectiles, being able to use projectile support gems, and projectile passive nodes.

There are many other builds that are dealing damage in melee-range, and not considered melee builds, there are many other builds that use melee weapons (there are only 2 types of weapon that are not melee in the game) and are not considered melee.

I'm not discussing the coolness or creativity of your build, I'm just saying, technically it's not melee, but it's subjective matter it seems.

Well said Markusz.

Listen, Rup, I know you're under a lot of pressure to come up with the next mogul's mirrored gear build since Blasting Cap left your guild, but you're going about it all wrong. You want to try and build bridges not burn them :)

I understand your frustration, and I understand you're trying to rile me up and that's fine, but it still doesn't change the fact that claiming "Melee is not dead" by using point blank/overlapping proj/proj scaling is still a bit far fetched. And like Markusz said, I guess it's subjective, but there already seems to be a minority/majority here, and if you fail to realize that then there's nothing else to be said.

Re: Putting words in my mouth - I've never-ever-ever called someone a scammer for charging more than they should or having an item up for mirror service I think is sub-par (there are plenty out there, it's a big part of standard). It's up to the consumer to choose what they want. You think my axe is sub par? Cool! That's your opinion to have and I'm not going to argue on a message board about that. I (and several others) prefer phys/chaos attacks, and straight-forward builds that don't rely on broken mechanics. You prefer ele conversion, ele pen, overlapping projectiles, and other broken mechanics, that's fine!

But one thing I don't understand is how can anyone in their right mind defend price manipulators

Spoiler

Note: Before you report my post, I have not name/shamed anyone. I simply posted a picture of an item listed for a certain price on poe.trade, then posts of people trying to buy it.

🎆🎆 www.youtube.com/c/Ahfack
🎆🎆 NEW #1 LLRF Helm -> 30% MORE|25CON|25BURN|-12fire|352es
🎆🎆 #1 Phys/Impale Leg 70% Multi Amulet + #1 Phys Rings!
🎆🎆 ^^Free 7L Fortify Cyclone!
🎆🎆 https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/534134
Last edited by Ahfack on May 29, 2017, 3:56:02 PM
Do we have one of these for single target melee skills?

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1V-WLgY5KQLBOHwMdLrBs4Z04y3W7PL5cWnHEmlHhfbs/edit#gid=0

No, because single target melee skills that say they do 100k dps tool tip (figuratively speaking)...basically do 100k dps tool tip. Not 1,000,000+ single target after projectile overlapping.

#balancedgameskills
#meleediversity
#butiuseameleeweaponbro
#duuuuuuuuuuuur
Last edited by MullaXul on May 29, 2017, 5:27:33 PM
whatever, i understood what is going on here. and i'll be acting according to that from now on.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info