Not supported anymore

"
PhoenixFlame wrote:
"
Why suggest culling strike on cyclone? What would be the point of that if you have rarity on your RF?

Its for those like me who do not use a six link and thus cannot use item rarity.

Ok, thanks for the clarification.
"
Why suggest culling strike on cyclone? What would be the point of that if you have rarity on your RF?

It's a very good boss killer, I usually take item rarity out before I enter an arena and swap it with concentrated effect, almost nothing poses any trouble beside a few higher bosses here and there. So cyclone and culling from my perspective is used only at boss fights. Everything else melts away too fast.

Boss drops are not that spectacular with item rarity gem, I've tried it on about 30 maps, with item rarity and cyclone with faster attacks instead of culling. The difference is barely visible, maybe the rng gods weren't with me that day but I did not see that much of an improvement. Maybe if I would only farm atziri or something.....
Hi, Noob question here.

What is your chaos resistance?

Does it need chaos resistance for this build?

how much does Chaos resistance?

thanks for the answers
"
darkvanitas wrote:
What is your chaos resistance?

Does it need chaos resistance for this build?

how much does Chaos resistance?

I have -23% chaos resist. You don't need it, but it is nice to have. The general wisdom is to aim for 0%. Getting much higher would be particularly difficult and expensive without sacrificing more needed stats. I haven't really noticed chaos damage being a big threat. I'm only up to T12 maps though, so maybe it gets more noticeable higher up.
thanks for answering . that answers my question .
Oh yeah, I totally agree. Was just questioning the reason for having cull on it, but 5L and less makes sense, 6L put on faster attacks.

Also @OP for leveling
Minions with decay/swift affliction/void manipulation was extremely powerful and smooth, and the only reason I went down that route is because witchfire is at 48. All campaign bosses melt in seconds, and I'm not talking about double digit's.

Just thought I'd throw it in, I can't speak for your level setup since I didn't use it, maybe you can do a comparison with your experience.
Hello how do i look at the skilltree? there is no link to it what i can see, can u pls post a link for it?
Did anyone try any other gem combinations for this build? 5-6 links to replace rf with,maybe replace some items, gems,whatever. Something that would give you more single target dps, this isn't about using that with this build on a regular basis.

But something that would give you an edge at things like shaper, uber atziri and so on, so only for a few very strong late game enemies that could use more single target, less aoe rf damage.

Would scorching ray be viable? Or would I need to respec too many points.
So I'm having so trouble because I feel like I'm not regenerating quite as fast as you do in your videos, or in other videos I've checked. I do have some different equipment pieces but I was hoping you would help me out figuring it this is how it's supposed to feel or if I'm doing something wrong.

Spoiler

Those are my items. My tree is the same as the one you posted, only missing fire damage % nodes; and my fire resistance is at 93%. Problem is, usually when bosses hit me I don't regen all that much and I have to kite them around which makes an already slow single target build go even slower. I don't know if I fucked up going for different items or if the build is supposed to feel that way but I wanna know if there's a fix.
Last edited by xWords on Sep 23, 2017, 10:08:10 PM
"
xWords wrote:
So I'm having so trouble because I feel like I'm not regenerating quite as fast as you do in your videos, or in other videos I've checked. I do have some different equipment pieces but I was hoping you would help me out figuring it this is how it's supposed to feel or if I'm doing something wrong.

Spoiler

Those are my items. My tree is the same as the one you posted, only missing fire damage % nodes; and my fire resistance is at 93%. Problem is, usually when bosses hit me I don't regen all that much and I have to kite them around which makes an already slow single target build go even slower. I don't know if I fucked up going for different items or if the build is supposed to feel that way but I wanna know if there's a fix.

-No Stone Golem
-Vitality and PoF not max
-No Blood Dance

Also, why are you running EE with your carrion band?? You're losing a very large chunk of DPS, I'd at least remove EE.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info