Not supported anymore

Great build. I just started playing PoE about a month ago, this is my second character (first was frostbolt witch that i took to 65). It took me about an hour to adjust to the different requirements of the build, but given the fact I've been playing less than a month, I'm pretty happy with how its going. I started running RF around 20, using some of the leveling uniques listed. Its a steady battle right now to keep regeneration up, and still stay on the damage curve, but just got the next set of life flasks and they made a huge difference. Only need 1 up at any given time now so i can run 2 quicksilvers to burn through the maps faster.

I will struggle to ever play another build again I think. this is just to easy and fun.
i had great fun with this build and i thank you very much for this.
. but i am hitting a wall i believe.
but i am now reaching T11, and struggling when facing the brittle emperor. not enough DPS, i guess

i am a bit disappointed, i can certainely improve my equipment to achieve better dps, but not sure it is worthwhile in the long term as if i am already struggling with DPS at T11, what will it be when reaching T14 and more.
guess i need a remotivation speech:p

Hello!

So I wasn't accepting not having enough DPS to do Shaper and spent some hours on Path of Building and decided to make a change on your building and got a huge amount of dps using this 2 itens above.
With 2 curse the DPS jumped from 268K to 565K besides life going from 7.78k to 9.2k
Although I'm opting to use only one curse atm and going to Heart of Flame (445K DPS) because shaper and guardians have 80% effect of curses reduced on them and witchfire wont be activated 100% of the time on the battle (lowering the avarage DPS), also they take higher DPS from Heart of Flame, I may get 2 curses next on lvling.

I know you said not to post minor tweaks on you building but this one I think worth considering, I think it gives the best balance among DPS and survival.

I haven't tried shaper yet with this building, I might post here if I could beat him.
Edit: Killed Shaper xD

Thanks and good luck!
Last edited by hamilcarTHC on Sep 16, 2017, 10:49:37 PM
Are there any alternatives or cheap jewels i can get? All of them seem pretty expensive with 20+c for each
"
konflict1 wrote:
i had great fun with this build and i thank you very much for this.
. but i am hitting a wall i believe.
but i am now reaching T11, and struggling when facing the brittle emperor. not enough DPS, i guess

i am a bit disappointed, i can certainely improve my equipment to achieve better dps, but not sure it is worthwhile in the long term as if i am already struggling with DPS at T11, what will it be when reaching T14 and more.
guess i need a remotivation speech:p

I've been in the same position a while back. You just need to tweak your items/flasks/jewels more and you will be able to beat lvl 11 bosses easily. Btw enable so that others can see your character as well, maybe they can help you with what better items to get, what jewels to get and so on.

This build is very good for farming, and so far I can say that with my current build I can't do the guardians with strong map mods and I can't do shaper at all, but beside that, everything is just smooth. No life regen maps are a no go, other than that, tier 14-15 maps are not a problem.

The only issue with rf is with bosses that are a pain to constantly chase, guardian of the hydra comes to mind. That thing is just annoying to chase with rf on, one bad move and you die and you don't get that many flask charges for sapphire, Guardian of the Phoenix can be countered easily with a good ruby flask. Chimera is a tough one, but if the map mod has critical to monsters, those creeps that summon at the boss fight will tear you apart. And minotaur is annoying when you have rf on, he stuns you for a sec, you get electrocuted and a freaking boulder hits you on the head and you die in 3 seconds.

"
ToxicLemon wrote:
Are there any alternatives or cheap jewels i can get? All of them seem pretty expensive with 20+c for each

You can get jewels with 7% increased maximum Life quite cheaply and increased maximum life is the most important. But yeah, if you want increased maximum life, increased burning, or fire damage and damage over time in the same jewel, those will cost you a premium.
Last edited by Nosferat on Sep 15, 2017, 2:38:20 AM
"
Nosferat wrote:
The only issue with rf is with bosses that are a pain to constantly chase

Have you tried replacing cyclone with shield charge?

I never liked cyclone because it's slow and clunky, which can get you killed. Shield charge greatly increases mobility and it still hits fast enough to keep up overload. It can also namelock if you keep the button held down, which is great for keeping on top of hit and run bosses.

With enough life on hit, cyclone can let you facetank things you'd otherwise have to keep clear of, so it definitely has its place, but shield charge is superior for clearing maps and boss fights where you need mobility.
Hmm will try that, see what happens. Cyclone is very good when killing slow bosses or slower stronger enemies that rf does not kill instantly, culling strike helps with that.

The problem is that cyclone works weirdly at times, it's like you mentioned "clunky", there were numerous occasions where I facetanked the enemy the wrong way and entered straight towards my doom, I simply could not do anything to cancel the spin, I just watched as I kept on going and going for like 2-3 second and then I died from something stupid like a slow moving spell or something.
Cyclone follows your mouse movements and because is kinda slow (slow attack speed) it will feel like it reacts slower that the cursor :)
Loving the build.

I'm not sure how to improve now. Would you mind checking out my character? I'm a fairly casual player so I don't gain currency too fast. Biscos seems to noticeably help (lucky find).

POB says I'm only doing 91K damage, but I also have no idea how to use POB so...

Char: LickMyTits

Thanks.
Last edited by a0TheVE on Sep 16, 2017, 8:41:08 PM

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info