Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

Please take a look at dominating blow as part of these changes.

When a dominated minion expires that previously had a bloodlines or nemesis effect, it still hurts you.

With the increased prevalence of these mods, it makes dominating blow very difficult to play because at any time your minions might expire and drop a load of frost bearers or similar on you.
IGN: Starlight_Seraphim
"
Rmpz wrote:

The damage buff is fine and sure I'll take that, but that isn't even remotely close to what we have been asking.

Spectre: Stop with the level of the corpse stuff, either tie it to the gem lvl or the char level. It is frustrating beyond belief helping a low lvl friend and having your lvl 77+ spectre die against normal dominus.

Nothing to help with the AI at all? It gets frustrating casting a offering behind me so all of sudden my minions fall back standing there until I cast a curse or something on the mobs they should be hitting all the time. They really need to be more aggressive

Exactly this

agreed 100%. Super annoying to try and get high level spectres. Also it's beyond annoying to go to battlefront all the time when Flame Sentinels die on lower levels :(
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Last edited by Angry_Roleplayer on Mar 31, 2017, 4:59:09 AM
I approve these changes
I represent only myself, my own thought and believes. I am individual, not a representative of the community.
I am not speaking on behalf of someone else and I don't get offended by things that have nothing to do with me.

3.13 was the golden age.
"
Chris wrote:

Skeleton Warriors
-now only summons one skeleton per cast.
-The skill now summons up to 5 skeletons at all levels of the gem.
-There are now fewer sources of additional skeletons; Uniques and items that granted additional skeletons (Including existing items) will now grant no more than 1 additional skeleton, and there are fewer sources of additional skeletons to be found in the passive tree. The helmet enchantment that spawned additional skeletons per cast will be reworked or replaced.
-The Army of Bones jewel will now grant 1 additional skeleton, has a limit of 1, and is being reworked.

With investment in uniques and passives, a player should be able to reach around 15 skeletons

tl;dr - our servers are shitting themselves, so we're nerfing fun. Kek.

Poor, Eirikeiken getting all of his builds getting nerfed due to thinking outside of the box:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wzegU2UCpyk
Last edited by lucksickle on Mar 31, 2017, 5:07:27 AM
What would be really nice is if minions scaled up with map level (like they do down).

That way we dont need to waste 5 minutes desecrating them each time we move up a map tier and/or run specific maps simply to get the right minions (maps have mob restrictions beyond 'inhabited' etc that desecrate can't always overcome)
"
"
Chris wrote:
There are now fewer sources of additional skeletons; Uniques and items that granted additional skeletons (Including existing items) will now grant no more than 1 additional skeleton, and there are fewer sources of additional skeletons to be found in the passive tree. The helmet enchantment that spawned additional skeletons per cast will be reworked or replaced. With investment in uniques and passives, a player should be able to reach around 15 skeletons. The Army of Bones jewel will now grant 1 additional skeleton, has a limit of 1, and is being reworked.

Of course... right when I started playing around with a cast while channeling skeleton build...

I do not understand the reason for this reduction in numbers unless skeletons are going to be absolutely insane now (which I really doubt). Having a lot of skeletons made up (a bit) for their bad AI and their tendency to just turn into random stragglers who looked like they were trying to locate the buffet instead of a mob. Is the Summon Skeletons gem going to be renamed Summon Skeleton now?
What will happen to the old jewels (Army of Bones with a +1 and limited to 1 does not really sound like an "Army f Bones" anymore, sadly)? The +2 helm enchant?
I mean, will this be nerfed or become legacy? (commence the jokes of it being a legacy league item)

If anything, skeletons need to be aggressive (like have it just build into the skill). Nothing like summoning skeletons on top of a mob and they start walking away from it...

He said it was to improve performance. And with the buffs, you don't need as many.
This doesn't really do anything with the fact that minions lag in larger amounts, with all minion nodes going numbers is almost mandatory, and with 20+ it begins to lag very much, making it impossible as a party build, and with 30+ you can't even reach 10 fps due to minion calculation. If you could just change how minions are handled by the engine and reduce this lag instead of reducing minion numbers, that would fix the summoner's playstyle. What you did now just narrows the minion skills to a smaller number and evens them out, buffing the damage isn't the deal here. It's all about their calculation and AI. But making skeletons viable somewhat is nice.
way to kill a niche build ..

"improve performance" .. means they are seeing performance issues on their servers, and the way to save money is to reduce the number .. just like with SRS, blade vortex, etc.

Another "different" way to play the game killed

and I say that as somebody who played SRS/Spectre/Zombies last league, and this league .. and there is a significant decrease in clear speed already .. I figure it will be useless with these changes.
Last edited by Swazlee on Mar 31, 2017, 5:43:07 AM
"
It would be nice if your minions stayed alive when the gems and abilities they depended upon switched to the other set

The problem with this is: what would prevent you from summoning your (strong) minions placed in the alternate weapon set (could even be a 6-link) and then switch back to your main slot that boosts your defense (even more if 'now' 1-hand and shield)?
The calculation of gems (all, not only minion related) needs to be bound to the active weapon set, sadly.
invited by timer @ 10.12.2011
--
deutsche Community: www.exiled.eu & ts.exiled.eu
I play a Melee Necromancer, i find the whole mechanic of summoning minions a pain in the butt when i have to concentrate on dodging/kiting Monsters that hit really hard especially bosses.

I cant waste my time RESUMMONING my minions or i die to Boss random attack aimed towards me.
We need a "Skeletal army" aura support gem or something so that you skeletons become like zombies and run with you or something, this has to happen to allow Melee Necromancers more viability.

As it stands i have to combine "Lacerate + COC + Summon skeletons" which in itself is very inefficient since i got only 10% crit and i cant go any higher since i have to concentrate on taking "Tank" nodes otherwise im dead

Please make Melee Necro a thing with a "Skeleton Aura gem" or something that resummons skeletons and keeps them up and makes them run as fast as you do so that they can follow you like Zombies.

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info