Minion Balance Changes in The Fall of Oriath Beta

I am really glad that you guys are working on persistent specters!
Also, I think the empowerment of squeletons will increase the summoner builds diversity, and I'm all for it :).

Regarding the delay summoners can bring, I don't really know what causes it, but it probably is a deeper issue. I'm loking forward not seeing things like "LF poorjoy rota - NO SUMMONER" anymore :P.
Anyone can be a fast learner if you are patient enough to teach them.
Somewhat sad to see the reduction in number of minions, but it's great to hear that minions are getting so much attention - and of course performance is important. I'd love it if skeleton-focused builds were truly viable (could we please have 5 mages out at once? please?).

Also delighted that we're getting persistent spectres one day!
“Please understand that imposing strong negative views regarding our team on to other players when you are representing our most helpful forum posters is not appropriate.” — GGG 2022

----

I'm not 'Sarno' on Discord. I don't know who that is.
Seems pretty lackluster, thought we'd get something like more aggressive AI... Just increasing the damage often doesn't cut it with meh skills.

Except Spectre changes, that's fucking amazing! About time lol
Less minions is a little predictable. The game seems to go from messy and chaotic towards a few characters and projectiles in screen. The XBox effect?

The zombie changes are very welcome.
I am playing a Zombie build currently and have a few requests.
1. Zombies are now very passive. It would be perfect if the zombie jewel would make zombies more aggresive.
2. Montreguls grasp is a good starting point for any zombie build but it's impossible to dual wield them. Could you change the weapon from 50% reduced zombies to -2 or -3 zombies instead?

A few passives in the tree increasing the move- and attackspeed of minions would be very welcome.
Do i understand correctly that currently zombies do less damage than skeletons??
I might be back to skelly spell totem lol

also one more request:
Minion Speed gem and speed overall is like a crutch for minions. I would completely REMOVE "increase minion speed" from skill tree as well as the gem itself and just let minions ALWAYS stick with the summoner and SCALE with summoner's move speed, instead of their own speed. At this point of the game when everyone tries to run with Haste and Vall HAste, it's unnecessary for every minion to have their own move speed caps at all. Let as be as fast as spellcaster and that's it.
https://www.twitch.tv/angry_roleplayer
All builds: http://www.angryroleplayer.com/path-of-exile-builds/
https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2143469
Thank you for this post, many changes seem encouraging.
Feeling ambivalent towards your suggestions for "improving" skeletons. Having them do more damage while halving their numbers seems a very significant change and would change their role dramatically from mass- or number-based distraction to potential source of dps. I doubt these changes are those, however, that most people had been expecting. I would be much happier if the numbers remained comparable and something was done to address the way summoning skeletons works with a spell totem. Also, halving their number but not changing their maximum vitality will greatly reduce their viability as poison bombs for the Beacon ascendancy -- hopefully you will be looking at this node as well?
Underrated stats: Basic human decency, small quantum of respect, microportion of compassion
Fantastic work GGG! I have been waiting for this for a while!!!
"
Rmpz wrote:

The damage buff is fine and sure I'll take that, but that isn't even remotely close to what we have been asking.

Spectre: Stop with the level of the corpse stuff, either tie it to the gem lvl or the char level. It is frustrating beyond belief helping a low lvl friend and having your lvl 77+ spectre die against normal dominus.

Nothing to help with the AI at all? It gets frustrating casting a offering behind me so all of sudden my minions fall back standing there until I cast a curse or something on the mobs they should be hitting all the time. They really need to be more aggressive

Exactly this

"

also one more request:
Minion Speed gem and speed overall is like a crutch for minions. I would completely REMOVE "increase minion speed" from skill tree as well as the gem itself and just let minions ALWAYS stick with the summoner and SCALE with summoner's move speed, instead of their own speed. At this point of the game when everyone tries to run with Haste and Vall HAste, it's unnecessary for every minion to have their own move speed caps at all. Let as be as fast as spellcaster and that's it.

Or just make the minion speed gem actually useful just like pierce/slower projectiles etc... that it would not only give minion speed but also like 19% MORE DAMAGE.
Last edited by NarraX1337 on Mar 31, 2017, 4:54:09 AM
When looked at my friends list at the first week of legacy, every single one of them played summoner ... I really don't understand this buffs. Summoner already facerolling everything with low budget cost and low risks of survivability.
Interesting.

I'm not sure that reductions in the number of minions (From items)is really going to make much a difference to the current meta. Particularly with zombies

No-one uses skellies for anything except for meat-shield so maybe they might become viable as a build in the future with the speed and damage increases(this would probably require some new kickass unique though)

I assume that this list of changes is non-exhaustive. In particular spectres will likely be very hard to balance In the new acts because of all the new monster types.

Looking forward to seeing what other changes pop-up

(Change is good, it forces you to think about stuff for once)

Report Forum Post

Report Account:

Report Type

Additional Info